Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Rijkaard was close

Why, did you hear him coughing up a greenie?

Nah that would be me at the moment though I did stand next to the guy in Barcelona Duty Free :) Unfortunatly wife asked me if he was Guillet which made him laugh at me cringing.

I was told the club had been speaking to him while they monitored Houllier's health.

Someone has just tweeted that MYSTERYMAN has posted on a forum to say it's not McClaren or Hughes.

Now i know that info was passed onto us by Mazrim but why is MM posting somewhere else after dumping us? I feel like i've been cheated on!

Yep, heroes and villans forum.

Oh dear... I feel like my girlfriend has told me she's a lesbian, only to find her in the bed of another man :-(

Hughes, McClaren,Ancelotti,Jol and Benitez = all ruled out according to various sources?

That leaves;

Rijkaard

Moyes

As the 2 stronger names left....I would take either but think Rijkaard would add a bit more spice to the club

Bigging up Rijkaard now heh?!

You'll have Didier think you're cheating on him! :D

still got a feeling itll be hughes

if it is im impressed by how manipulative of the media we've been for a change. get him to quit, tell fulham we're not interested knowing they'll go after jol, put out a few things saying we're after jol, get in touch with al fayed and explain we have jol number one and hughes number two on our list, but we'll pull out of the race for jol if they allow hughes to talk to us early

bada boom, bada bing, hughes in by the end of the week

like last season, they'll probably wait untill the transfer window has closed and unveil someone who was available all along. wouldnt suprise me at all.

Which part of that ridiculus statement was 'like last season'?

when did MON leave? when did houllier take over? during which time did the transfer window not expire? coincidence?

Is this serious? Please tell me you are on the wind up, or 8 years old?

not a wind up. they wound down the clock purposely. like it or not, tell me one FOOTBALL decision the board has got right. Ireland? MON didnt want him, he wanted the cash but the board wanted ireland to replace milner. houllier? after his initial presser he flew back to finish work with the fff leaving us still managerless. they released some money in january, and luckily houllier was allowed to chose his targets, only to protect their invesment. dont get me wrong off the field there has been far more good things done by the board, and i am still 100% behind randy but any football decisions they have had to make have been a disaster. lets just hope they redeem themselves this time. or maybe they'll appoint mcclaren. it really wouldnt suprise me. leave FOOTBALL decisions to FOOTBALL people.

So is MM on H&V deffo the same MM that was on here?

yes he is

confirmed by one of the moderators on there

He won't stay on there long

And why's that?

I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't mind Mclaren.

I'd get behind any manager right from the start though, its not going to do any good being on the managers back from the start is it?

I think you're right but if McClaren loses a couples of games, the reaction will be appalling (worse than Houllier). They'd be mad to appoint him on that basis. We need someone to unite us and McClaren would have to get off to a Gregory-esque start to get tolerance.

Today it's looking like Rafa's. Tomorrow who will it be?

True but it shouldn't be like that. We are too quick to get on peopoles backs and it wouldn't help the team at all.

Hughes IS on the shortlist, not sure about McLaren

Repeating what MM said, not whether he's right or wrong. My opinion on Hughes if he was on the list, I'm pretty sure he'd be signed up by now and we're reading far too much into his contractuals.