Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa have missed a big trick in letting Fulham snap up Martin Jol.

He's a guy that knows the Prem well, took Spurs to 5th two seasons running (which is higher than MON ever managed at Villa) and sets up his teams to play attacking, entertaining football. Moreover, with his direct knowledge of football in England, Holland and Germany, he'll be well clued-in when it comes to identifying a wider pool of potential transfer targets.

I'm not sure where this leaves Villa now. Unless Moyes can be persuaded to jump ship, you'll be left with either taking a big gamble on a manager who has no Prem managerial experience or else appointing a current or ex-Prem manager - e.g. Hughes - of inferior calibre to Jol.

Rijkaard is said to have knocked our door and shown interest in the job.. Its a no brainer if you ask me..

A no brainer as in we shouldn't go anywhere near him?

Apart from Barca, where he had some incredible players, he's never done a good job as a manager. Most of his good work at Barca also came with Henk ten Cate at his side.

Do not want him here.

He is the manager, if you want Villa to go forward..Turned Barca into the team they are today. Done a great job with the Netherlands and improved Galatasary's finishing possition on the season before, despite the lack of funds and having Turkish players to try and adapt to his style of play.

He will turn us into a top 4 club in under 2 seasons if he was appointed. I think he would be loyal too. Another Barca in the making.

How did he turn Barca into the team they are today? His side was on the way down when he was there.

In all fairness, he was there for quite some time (five seasons I think, winning La Liga twice and the Champions League once) - an impressive feat in and of itself with the board any Barca manager has to work for. He also promoted the likes of Victor Valdes, Iniesta and Xavi from the youth team, so it could be said that Guardiola inherited a very good situation from which to build upon.

I really have no idea how he would fare in the Premier League but I wouldn't necessarily read too much into his unsuccessful spell at Galatasaray as an indication of anything either way.

Worth a gamble.

like last season, they'll probably wait untill the transfer window has closed and unveil someone who was available all along. wouldnt suprise me at all.

Which part of that ridiculus statement was 'like last season'?

when did MON leave? when did houllier take over? during which time did the transfer window not expire? coincidence?

If any one realistically thinks it gonna be anyone other than Mark Hughes then I feel people will be disappointed. This for me is the only reason that the club has been waiting and I give it 24 hrs then we will see villa appoint Hughes seems so obvious from where I'm sitting just seeing if we can grab Carlo fist hence the 2 interviewees.

But we can dream of a massive gamble on an unknown manager like rijkard (well in the prem anyway) seems daft to me to even consider it. The wally with a Brillo isn't even in the frame IMHO

I think Rijkaard would be a gamble worth taking. As steaknchips points out he is widely seen as paving the way for the current Barca team. He's had failures but he might well have learnt from these. I'd like to think he would be given serious consideration and interviewed at least. if its a choice of Rijkaard or Hughes I know which I'd go for.

For those who are interested here is his wiki http://bit.ly/iJI5eq

He's a guy that knows the Prem well, took Spurs to 5th two seasons running (which is higher than MON ever managed at Villa) and sets up his teams to play attacking, entertaining football. Moreover, with his direct knowledge of football in England, Holland and Germany, he'll be well clued-in when it comes to identifying a wider pool of potential transfer targets.

I'm not sure where this leaves Villa now. Unless Moyes can be persuaded to jump ship, you'll be left with either taking a big gamble on a manager who has no Prem managerial experience or else appointing a current or ex-Prem manager - e.g. Hughes - of inferior calibre to Jol.

Hughes will be going to Spurs when 'Arry takes the chelsea job.

like last season, they'll probably wait untill the transfer window has closed and unveil someone who was available all along. wouldnt suprise me at all.

when did MON leave? when did houllier take over? during which time did the transfer window not expire? coincidence?

Is this serious? Please tell me you are on the wind up, or 8 years old?

I just hope it is Hughes. But everyone in the media seems certain it isn't. - Seems very strange.

Someone has just tweeted that MYSTERYMAN has posted on a forum to say it's not McClaren or Hughes.

Now i know that info was passed onto us by Mazrim but why is MM posting somewhere else after dumping us? I feel like i've been cheated on!

Yep, heroes and villans forum.

Hughes, McClaren,Ancelotti,Jol and Benitez = all ruled out according to various sources?

That leaves;

Rijkaard

Moyes

As the 2 stronger names left....I would take either but think Rijkaard would add a bit more spice to the club

Errr... yeah.

What a complete load of toss.

Oh, sorry, so was GH available all that time was he?