Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened he might be a wee bit of a control freak, but Randy always thought he was a good manager. This I do know!

Hoof ball to Bent anyone?

I don`t want o`neill back,but in the first 2-3 seasons we didn`t really play hoof-ball. It just went a bit crap in his last 2 seasons.

But anyway,there is no way he will be coming back to villa.

It's amazing how nobody has ANY idea who it could be. You could potentially say it will be one of about 15 people.

Villa have done well to keep it all quiet, wonder how long they can keep it all quiet and whether they will just pop up and surprise us with an announcement.

This is assuming Randy, Faulkner and the General aren't sat in Randy's mansion playing Aston Villa monopoly drinking soda.

As I said about Rijkaard. Gullit did great at Chelsea then turned up at the barcodes and was shit.

I think they had great back up teams at Barca and Chavski and it showed. They really were brought in as figureheads I feel but believed their own hype. I know Rijkaard was at a club before but the set up at Barca was there anyway.

Same as, for me, Kenny at Pool is really benefiting from having Steve Clarke in place. Damn if we poach him as whoevers number two (on a VERY long term deal) we'd be doing feckin great.

Which brings me to McClown. I'd say okay to him as a number 2, but not manager. He just is far too matey with players and his reputation is tainted to the point that he would would be on a hiding to nothing. He would have to hit the ground running at the pace of Usian Bolt. Frankly, he hasn't it in him to do so.

Got some info,

Can't post it until 3am UK time due to embargo (some yank sports site has the exclusive). I will post it here at 3am.

Sleep well all.

You could always PM a couple of people, instead of pretending to be ITK. Prove it!! :?

you tease

Got some info,

Can't post it until 3am UK time due to embargo (some yank sports site has the exclusive). I will post it here at 3am.

Sleep well all.

I'd have MON back over McClaren. Hell, I'd have O'Leary back over McClaren.

NO to McClaren!

I respect your opinion,but i disagree. It has to be steve for me.

What is wrong with you? Mclaren? Really?

Got some info,

Sleep well all.

Not Bob Bradley...............Please no!!!

I'm going to bed now.....tomorrow will no doubt be the headline 'Father & Son join Villa'. Or 'Villa keep it in the family'...

digg

Aston Villa are in contact with Frank Rijkaard.

A free agent since his departure form Galatasaray, Rijkaard was seen as a candidate for the Chelsea job.

However, Sport says the former Barcelona coach has been offered the Aston Villa post.

Rijkaard is eager to pursue a career in the Premier League and is open to a move to Villa Park.

Tribalfootball not the best source (actually its poor to be fair but they say it from "Sport" so hey ho