Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Its pure bullshit. No one knows what Randy is thinking. No one thought Houllier would be our manager but he was! Also if Moyes was interested you know the job is his... I reckon things are going to unfold over the week but we got to be patient!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the mail

Former England boss Steve McClaren is expected to hold talks with Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner over the vacant manager’s job after Gerard Houllier’s departure last week.

Lerner will fly in from America later this week and is keen on meeting McClaren, who heads a shortlist which also includes Everton boss David Moyes and Jol.

Oh yes there is a god!

Wear your best suit steve,Good luck at the interview mate :thumb:

Why are you talking in the third person Steve?

from the mail

Former England boss Steve McClaren is expected to hold talks with Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner over the vacant manager’s job after Gerard Houllier’s departure last week.

Lerner will fly in from America later this week and is keen on meeting McClaren, who heads a shortlist which also includes Everton boss David Moyes and Jol.

Shit!

Hang on, didn't the Mail also report that Ancelotti was nailed on for VP.

I hope this turns out to be bollocks to.(except Moyes & Jol)

from the mail

373265fb-dec5-4a5f-afff-c713178d4efb.jpg

from the mail

Blimey, the Mail really knows no shame. A different Managerial target every day. They'll get it right at some point and claim the exclusive!! Useless rag.

Doesn't stop people panicking though unfortunately.

Although it's getting quite funny to read.

I'd have MON back over McClaren. Hell, I'd have O'Leary back over McClaren.

NO to McClaren!

I respect your opinion,but i disagree. It has to be steve for me.

What is wrong with you? Mclaren? Really?

Good coach mate. Title winner,fashionable and he has great hair.

Seriously,if we can`t get ancelotti i think he is the next best option.

Really, you honestly think Mclaren is the next BEST candidate for Aston Villa manager?

Are you mental or just a wind-up merchant?

Haha Im not mental. I just think steve gets a bad rap because of what happened with england and when he did that interview in dutch.

Looking at his club record i would take steve over most of the other candidates.

The same McClaren who you stated earlier as making England the best team since 66. Don't make me laugh, I can't take it anymore.

from the mail

facepalm.gif

From the same journo (Sami Mokbel) who brought you...Dave Jones is Wet Ham's No1 Choice

I'd have MON back over McClaren. Hell, I'd have O'Leary back over McClaren.

NO to McClaren!

I respect your opinion,but i disagree. It has to be steve for me.

What is wrong with you? Mclaren? Really?

Good coach mate. Title winner,fashionable and he has great hair.

Seriously,if we can`t get ancelotti i think he is the next best option.

Really, you honestly think Mclaren is the next BEST candidate for Aston Villa manager?

Are you mental or just a wind-up merchant?

Haha Im not mental. I just think steve gets a bad rap because of what happened with england and when he did that interview in dutch.

Looking at his club record i would take steve over most of the other candidates.

The same McClaren who you stated earlier as making England the best team since 66. Don't make me laugh, I can't take it anymore.

Nah im talking about the brolly thing,The man didn`t want to get his suit wet and he got slaughtered for it. On the pitch steve took the shackles off.

What is it with villa fans and negative banners? They have made one before this manager has even got the job this time. Dsgrace.

Sigh, ever since Notting Villa posted that 3 am inside info stuff the time is going slower I swear it.

Jesus I hope it's some good news, I would seriously die a little inside if Steve McClaren was to be interviewed.

Sigh, ever since Notting Villa posted that 3 am inside info stuff the time is going slower I swear it.

Jesus I hope it's some good news, I would seriously die a little inside if Steve McClaren was to be interviewed.

I wouldn't stay up for it mate, its probably nothing but bullshit info. No one knows anything and no one will know anything until Randy picks his man and wants people to know. Once he arrives and gets to work then we will have an idea but no one will know shit atm!

How can you be a good coach but a crap manager - I mean how would you know ? -

Stuart Gray was always touted as a top coach - but so far as I am aware never did anything to justify his tag

I think top managers have something coaches do not. An allureness about them. I've a book on how business can learn from football and top sports when dealing with management and they talk of Fergie quite alot and say that he never gets too close to the players, and has the aura of a father figure that they love but fear at the same time.

McClown's problem is he has always been far too matey with players, so they automatically see him as no threat, that they can do what they want without fear of his wrath so to speak. Top managers have a stern coldness underneath their exterior. Fergie, Clough, Mourinho, Hiddink, even Dither. You just wouldn't **** them about really.

The first thing Capello did when he took over from McLaren was teach the England bunch manners - he cut out all the nicknames and made the players address him as Mr Capello. He also made them turn up for dinner on time and stay until everyone was finished. They're tiny things but just show the players who's boss. He also kind of suggested the players basically ran the England show under McLaren's management.

How can you be a good coach but a crap manager - I mean how would you know ? -

Stuart Gray was always touted as a top coach - but so far as I am aware never did anything to justify his tag

I think top managers have something coaches do not. An allureness about them. I've a book on how business can learn from football and top sports when dealing with management and they talk of Fergie quite alot and say that he never gets too close to the players, and has the aura of a father figure that they love but fear at the same time.

McClown's problem is he has always been far too matey with players, so they automatically see him as no threat, that they can do what they want without fear of his wrath so to speak. Top managers have a stern coldness underneath their exterior. Fergie, Clough, Mourinho, Hiddink, even Dither. You just wouldn't **** them about really.

The first thing Capello did when he took over from McLaren was teach the England bunch manners - he cut out all the nicknames and made the players address him as Mr Capello. He also made them turn up for dinner on time and stay until everyone was finished. They're tiny things but just show the players who's boss. He also kind of suggested the players basically ran the England show under McLaren's management.

Capellos doing really well,he has lost the dressing room. Good job he doesn`t allow nicknames and treats the players like children.

Could we sell Ashley Young to Manu and appoint Mclaren in the same week ? - it would be villa's 9/11

Sod 9/11 - to quote a film with puppets:

"It will be like 9/11 times 100"!

Oh my god, that's, I don't know what that is!!

Noborrry does!