Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

someone very close to the club said "what villa do next will shock everyone

this is what was said to me today

well lets hope its in a good way...

**** me, they're bringing back Tommy Doherty!! Great shout. He's scottish too, and they always win the Premier League!! :lol:

Shock eh? Van Gaal?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa would be a promotion for the likes of Martinez and Coyle. They would need time and support whilst they complete what is likely to be a bit of a learning curve. I think both are good shouts and worth a chance at a bigger club.

I agree,and the advantage with guys like that is they will see it as an honour to manage the club rather than a pay day or a stepping stone. And experience doesn`t mean success,houllier had plenty of experience and it didn`t work out.

I think they could both handle it and i wouldn`t mind giving either a chance.

That`s of course if we can`t get my first choice.

Let's scrape that idea now its got the Valhalla seal of approval.

This crazy ass thought has suddenly occurred to me after reading a crazy ass thread which has now been locked...

I want MON back!

I think Randy should go, cap in hand, with a sorry card and a big beautiful bouquet to MON's house and beg him to come back.

We weren't far off 4th place under MON. We just needed that 'something else'. Well you know what - we've now got it - that 'something else' is Darren Bent.

MON can make us hard to beat again. Darren Bent can get us the goals that we at times desperately missed under O'Neill; especially at home.

Robertson can find and nurture the next Ashley Young and Walford can sort the defence out again.

It'll be perfect.

Who's with me?

This crazy ass thought has suddenly occurred to me after reading a crazy ass thread which has now been locked...

I want MON back!

I think Randy should go, cap in hand, with a sorry card and a big beautiful bouquet to MON's house and beg him to come back.

We weren't far off 4th place under MON. We just needed that 'something else'. Well you know what - we've now got it - that 'something else' is Darren Bent.

MON can make us hard to beat again. Darren Bent can get us the goals that we at times desperately missed under O'Neill; especially at home.

Robertson can find and nurture the next Ashley Young and Walford can sort the defence out again.

It'll be perfect.

Who's with me?

Jesus wept. We've sunk to an all-time low. That must be strong stuff you're smoking...

I want MON back!

It'll be perfect.

Who's with me?

i'm in.

Bookies bemuse me, they have Carlo Ancelotti down as 14/1 as Fulham manager and 20/1 as Villa manager. I'm sure in that interview what he said was no English club has contacted him. If so, why they think he'd more like go Fulham than us is crazy, I mean, at least we have some ambition.

Managers right now on that shortlist I wouldn't take would be McClaren, Coyle, MON, Curbs and Collymore :D. Sitting on the fence with Martinez, Jol, Rijkaard and Hughes. Would take Rafa, but top choice Moyes.

Like release a manager - that they knew they were going to release months ago - without having tabs on a replacement.

I want MON back!

It'll be perfect.

Who's with me?

No thanks.

Rijkaard @ 20/1 sounds a good £5 bet to me. After winning £100 on Stricker yesterday I think I may have a litttle £5 flutter on Rijkaard @ 20's, Jol at 12's and Moyes @ 10/1. One of them has to be under consideration surely.

I got Rijkaard at 40/1 yesterday, cheeky fiver on that.

Like release a manager - that they knew they were going to release months ago - without having tabs on a replacement.

today 6/6/11