Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me wants us to get a young manager in and let him develop something. I want some continuity. I want a manager to come in and love the club and wear his heart on the sleeve. Hughes would be good but unless he actually quit Fulham for us, he is a mercenary and I don't want him here. I'd rather someone like Martinez or someone. Look at Barca and Porto. Pep had very little experience, ok he had a amazing team but he has still worked hard to get the best out of them. Porto appointed Mourinho and look what it got them and now they have appointed Villa-Boas or whatever his name is and he is class too. Maybe we need to rethink our strategy. Man United and Arsenal have had the same manager for awhile and they ain't done too bad!

Man United and Arsenal have had the same manager for awhile and they ain't done too bad!

they keep their managers for a long time because they are doing well, they dont do well just because they have been at the club for a long time. and anyway - chelsea change manager every 5 minutes and win a whole lot more than ar senal

300 pages on who the next Villa manager should be - probably only 20 pages of which have been serious football talk. The other 280 pages have consisted of:

- Hate messages for Steve.

- Hate messages for Rafa.

- Actually, hate messages for everyone bar Carlo.

Keep up the good work lads.

someone very close to the club said "what villa do next will shock everyone

this is what was said to me today

So it's the dithering rattle out of pram throwing stubborn one dimensional playing no plan B litagious fella back as manager then?!

**** sake.

Man United and Arsenal have had the same manager for awhile and they ain't done too bad!

they keep their managers for a long time because they are doing well, they dont do well just because they have been at the club for a long time. and anyway - chelsea change manager every 5 minutes and win a whole lot more than ar senal

Ferguson didn't have a good time of it at first at Man United if I recall. Also Wenger has had some success at Arsenal and the club aren't that far away from more success with his current way of thinking. Chelsea cannot afford to sack and hire managers at will though. Just think if we had someone similar to what Moyes has been at Everton but with actual money we could kick on. Just my opinion though.

Rijkaard @ 20/1 sounds a good £5 bet to me. After winning £100 on Stricker yesterday I think I may have a litttle £5 flutter on Rijkaard @ 20's, Jol at 12's and Moyes @ 10/1. One of them has to be under consideration surely.

I got Rijkaard at 40/1 yesterday, cheeky fiver on that.

Worth a punt.

Can we please have a new poll??