Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

All those saying they would like Moyes, he got plucked from lower down so whats stopping us doing the same with the likes of Martinez or Coyle and letting them build something similiar here with a bit of patience.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistically it would be smart to appoint a scot since the PL has been won by a scot 13 times. Regretfully 12 of those have been won by whiskynose. Again, appointing an englishman is not such a good idea since the PL have never been won by such. The remaining have been won by french, italian or portugese managers. Should we hope for Moyes then?

I think I'll have another scotch darling....

All those saying they would like Moyes, he got plucked from lower down so whats stopping us doing the same with the likes of Martinez or Coyle and letting them build something similiar here with a bit of patience.

good shout - that bloke at leicester maybe? :lol:

May as well chuck Sean O'Driscoll's name into the hat too....

However, at this point in time, with the disasterous last 12 months, the last thing the club wants to do is take a gamble on a 'lower' league manager...

I'd love Moyes and would take Coyle but Martinez - nice bloke and football but somehow I don't ever think he'll be a 'winner'....

Nothing wrong with Coyle though very unlikely. Bolton are hardly that much "lower down" and he is supposed to love the club, and hasn't been there that long. Can't see him being interested, Moyes is more likely than Coyle in my opinion.

I believe someone expressed 4 pages back why Martinez isn't a particularly great option, if anything Wigan have gone downhill since his appointment and he hasn't yet proven himself particularly at any level. For the record I think he's a decent guy who knows what he is talking about and does tend to get his sides to play the right way, but he really isn't ready for a side like us. I'd rather Martinez than McLaren or Rafa though.

Villa would be a promotion for the likes of Martinez and Coyle. They would need time and support whilst they complete what is likely to be a bit of a learning curve. I think both are good shouts and worth a chance at a bigger club.

Villa would be a promotion for the likes of Martinez and Coyle. They would need time and support whilst they complete what is likely to be a bit of a learning curve. I think both are good shouts and worth a chance at a bigger club.

I agree,and the advantage with guys like that is they will see it as an honour to manage the club rather than a pay day or a stepping stone. And experience doesn`t mean success,houllier had plenty of experience and it didn`t work out.

I think they could both handle it and i wouldn`t mind giving either a chance.

Thats of course if we can`t get my first choice.