Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

How can you be a good coach but a crap manager - I mean how would you know ? -

Stuart Gray was always touted as a top coach - but so far as I am aware never did anything to justify his tag

Dont know enough about Stuart Gray to comment. But Carlos Quieroz was/is the same. Some coaches are great at training the players, man management and day to day work but when it is a manager and making those vital decisions in matches to change games or how to play against certain opposition or player they dont have that or dont have it to the level we need as a manager.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betting suspended, owen coyle joint favourite

Betting is always suspended of an evening.

Think the Coyle surge is because he is one that has been overlooked - then suddenly everyone realises. He fails Randy's loyalty test which could go against him

Think the Coyle surge is because he is one that has been overlooked - then suddenly everyone realises. He fails Randy's loyalty test which could go against him

"Randy's loyalty test"

??

"You learn something new everyday!"

night all, heres hoping for some positive news - not in the shape of an adopted dutch-ginger man - tomorrow.

How can you be a good coach but a crap manager - I mean how would you know ? -

Stuart Gray was always touted as a top coach - but so far as I am aware never did anything to justify his tag

I think top managers have something coaches do not. An allureness about them. I've a book on how business can learn from football and top sports when dealing with management and they talk of Fergie quite alot and say that he never gets too close to the players, and has the aura of a father figure that they love but fear at the same time.

McClown's problem is he has always been far too matey with players, so they automatically see him as no threat, that they can do what they want without fear of his wrath so to speak. Top managers have a stern coldness underneath their exterior. Fergie, Clough, Mourinho, Hiddink, even Dither. You just wouldn't **** them about really.

from the mail

Former England boss Steve McClaren is expected to hold talks with Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner over the vacant manager’s job after Gerard Houllier’s departure last week.

Lerner will fly in from America later this week and is keen on meeting McClaren, who heads a shortlist which also includes Everton boss David Moyes and Jol.

from the mail

Former England boss Steve McClaren is expected to hold talks with Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner over the vacant manager’s job after Gerard Houllier’s departure last week.

Lerner will fly in from America later this week and is keen on meeting McClaren, who heads a shortlist which also includes Everton boss David Moyes and Jol.

Shit!

from the mail

Oh no.

from the mail

Oh yes there is a god!

Wear your best suit steve,Good luck at the interview mate :thumb:

from the mail

Blimey, the Mail really knows no shame. A different Managerial target every day. They'll get it right at some point and claim the exclusive!! Useless rag.

McClaren would not be allowed a fair crack at this job from the majority of villa fans,i think he would do a good job under the right circumstances,but i dont think the present squad would buy what hes selling,similar to what happened to GH.

from the mail

Oh yes there is a god!

Wear your best suit steve,Good luck at the interview mate :thumb:

Dye ya **** barnet as well !