Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I got a lot of grief for my last ITK (Houllier not fit to return until October)

Anyway its a bloke who claims to know Gordon Cowans wife

Basically although lerner owns the club - he isn't the type to rail road his choice through - other board members will have some input. There isn't consensus on the two front runners Ancelotti \ Hughes - but there is on Moyes/Jol.

His thoughts (like mine) that faulkner would find hughes to abrasive - whilst Randy wouldn't throw silly money at Ancellotti.

Also reckons Benitez is a non starter.

Seems rather suspect really.. I mean Lerner would be fine going for Moyes which would more than likely require £5 million+ compensation to Everton plus £4-5 million a year. Yet he won't spend the £6 million a year Ancelotti would want when over 2-3 years Ancelotti works out cheaper.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez into favourite with most of the bookies. I'd imagine it's because there are noises he will accept the job if offered it.

Would mind any one of Moyes, Ancelotti, Hughes, Benitez or Jol

A big no to either Mclaren or Martinez. Wigan seemed worse at defending set pieces than we were.

The one thing we cannot do this summer is gamble on the Manager appointment, you could say any apponitment can be just that but there are safer bets than others out there atm.

The problem lies in the fact, that those safer bets will require the full backing of Randies millions, and be convinced that we are serious about our ambition.

Any appointment we make, will tell us so much how the clubs heirachy actually see us.

And i dare say a few of our better players will see that aswell.

We have to get this right, and we have to make an ambitious appointment.

CNT I agree I was refering really to Martinez, who I like and think will become a very good manager but I feel that the Villa job is just too soon for him.

Ancelotti,Moyes,Hughes for me would be ideal for us imo that is.

Apart from Moyes, Hughes and Ancelloti, the rest are previous garbage from other teams. All sacked managers !!!

Steve Mclaren = the worlds worst football manager

Martin Jol = Houllier all over again but possibly worse

Martinez = lucky guy who's career highlight is fending off relegation on the last day WOW !

Ancelloti will want a bug pay cheque, and big money to spend on players. Is Randy ready that ?

Moyes is the man i.m.o, but I still can't see him leaving Everton

I'm 50/50 with rafa. Maybe him and kenny mac as his number 2?

I think Carlo and moyes are the main two randy wants but feel rafa could be third choice.

According to Kendrick, Benny wants the same control as Martin Doubtfire had.

After the way Benny was messed about by the yanks at Liverpool, i dont really blame him. But then, the way Randy was fcuked all over by Doubtfire, i dont blame him either....

Im going for a lie down :lol:

Is Mark Hughes going to Chelsea? Not a chance.

So why has he resigned then? Jamie's Dad to Chelsea and Sparky in at Spurs? Not a chance! Really.

So why has he resigned then? Watch this space!

Why are people so opposed to Rafa but would have McClaren, that just doesn't make sense at all to me....

Because:-

he has been sacked from his last two jobs

his recent record in the transfer market is suspect

his reputation is based on successes that are a few years back now

His appointment would be viewed as Houllier mk2

he is a washed up scouse lover - yesterdays man.

would be a terrible appointment - and would burden randys tenure for a good few years

Sorry but i like others cannot understand how some would want MugClaren over Benitez.

I cannot understand how they would want MugClaren even on the shortlist if he's on there we may as well scrawl Avram Grant's name on there as well.

If Rafa comes, he brings half of Madrid with him as his backroom staff making him nigh on impossible to get rid of.

That said, a complete overhaul of the club is undoubtedly needed.