Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redman, honestly I hate Brian Reade... so that for me is a no go!!!! Sorry :P

I only think one good thing about him, he is a winner and winds other people up, creates a siege mentality but in my eyes that is all.

I don't get this he got rid of the academy? It was actually Houllier who did that and now Liverpool have some great Youth coming through!

Actually that is true, he rebuilt the academy, I remember reading about it.

The only one I'm genuinely afraid we might end up with is Mclown.

The others would at least bring something of their own to the table, even Rafa I suppose, if he felt there was a need to prove a point to liverplop.

But Mclaren?...........no amount of building him up or outlining his successes would be enough to persuade me to want him at Villa.

I just can't quite believe the amount of seemingly intelligent villa fans that have become so picky that they wouldn't bite the hand off of a massively successful manager with bucketloads of contacts in the top leagues just because he came to a ignominious end at Liverpool.

Count me as one.

Houllier had won a fair bit up there as well. those were the days when liverpool were funded man city style - and we had endless pundits discussing the secrets of liverpools success

how long ago was his last trophy

we don't want \ need a another overhyped ex scouse boss

I just can't quite believe the amount of seemingly intelligent villa fans that have become so picky that they wouldn't bite the hand off of a massively successful manager with bucketloads of contacts in the top leagues just because he came to a ignominious end at Liverpool.

And he also massively flopped at Champions League winning Inter.

Not to mention the amount of poor players he signed for Liverpool. Wasted a ridiculous amount of money.

IF the club appointed Rafa ..guess i would shut up and support him but bloody hell

i would Just hope he can revert to his 2005 days and before as past couple of years hes completely lost it.

Transfer reecord at Liverpool was at times baffling .

Did ppl here watch the Inter V Spurs games?

As good as Spurs were RAfa certainly helped them

Count me as one.

Houllier had won a fair bit up there as well. those were the days when liverpool were funded man city style - and we had endless pundits discussing the secrets of liverpools success

Sorry to do this but when exactly was OUR last trophy?

I don't get this he got rid of the academy? It was actually Houllier who did that and now Liverpool have some great Youth coming through!

Nobody got rid of the academy - it just hadn't produced anybody of note since Steven Gerrard.

Then Rafa appointed the same guys who helped to develop Messi, Iniesta et al and abracadabra...

Rafa - dismal anti-football, spent a fortune on some real duds, known to have a tantrum...the worst possible choice.

Obviously you're entitled to favour whichever managerial appointment you like.

But with respect, that isn't a very well-informed assessment at all.

What would you suggest then? Maybe ask a few fans on a Liverpool board and bring it back here for us to look over? Not a lot of us are fans of his.

Edit: that sounds sarcastic and I want to assure you, it is not written with that intent, I am genuinely interested.

It might be worth reading the following excerpts from Brian Reade's recent book. These shed a lot of light on the sort of nonsense Rafa had to deal with during his time at Liverpool:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Brian-Reade-An-Epic-Swindle-44-Months-With-A-Pair-Of-Cowboys-Read-extract-of-how-Liverpool-was-dragged-to-its-knees-during-the-shambolic-reign-of-US-owners-Tom-Hicks-and-George-Gillett-article725227.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Brian-Reade-An-Epic-Swindle-44-Months-With-A-Pair-Of-Cowboys-Read-extract-of-how-Liverpool-co-owner-thought-Steven-Gerrard-was-gay-article725313.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Brian-Reade-An-Epic-Swindle-44-Months-With-A-Pair-Of-Cowboys-Day-Three-Read-extract-of-how-Liverpool-owners-Hicks-and-Gillett-betrayed-Rafa-Benitez-and-wooed-Jurgen-Klinsmann-article725482.html

What was his exuse at Internazionale then?

having to live up to the special one

Rafa - dismal anti-football, spent a fortune on some real duds, known to have a tantrum...the worst possible choice.

What would you suggest then? Maybe ask a few fans on a Liverpool board and bring it back here for us to look over? Not a lot of us are fans of his.

Edit: that sounds sarcastic and I want to assure you, it is not written with that intent, I am genuinely interested.

It might be worth reading the following excerpts from Brian Reade's recent book. These shed a lot of light on the sort of nonsense Rafa had to deal with during his time at Liverpool:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Brian-Reade-An-Epic-Swindle-44-Months-With-A-Pair-Of-Cowboys-Read-extract-of-how-Liverpool-was-dragged-to-its-knees-during-the-shambolic-reign-of-US-owners-Tom-Hicks-and-George-Gillett-article725227.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Brian-Reade-An-Epic-Swindle-44-Months-With-A-Pair-Of-Cowboys-Read-extract-of-how-Liverpool-co-owner-thought-Steven-Gerrard-was-gay-article725313.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Brian-Reade-An-Epic-Swindle-44-Months-With-A-Pair-Of-Cowboys-Day-Three-Read-extract-of-how-Liverpool-owners-Hicks-and-Gillett-betrayed-Rafa-Benitez-and-wooed-Jurgen-Klinsmann-article725482.html

More of the same shit, wasn't it?

Moratti decided the summer he appointed Rafa should coincide with the first summer ever he wouldn't spend any money.

Not a problem - Rafa had plenty to work with. Until the injuries started mounting.

Still not a problem. But then Moratti started pointing the finger.

I don't like him, but I think Benítez would be a good appointment and I'd be fully behind him.

He had a lot to deal with at Liverpool, and was operating under pressure and a lot of broken promises at Inter.

Other than Ancelotti, I think he's actually the best appointment we could realistically make (and that said, maybe Ancelotti is unrealistic).

Count me as one.

But we are looking for a bloke to win us the next one. and a bloke who was bankrolled 7/8 years ago - isn't going to do that

I hold my hands up there - a bit hyperbolic - but consider the recent history and you can see the point I'm making, I'm sure.
Hyperbolic? Or mis speak?

On those parameters, mclaren, mcleish have outperformed Villa in that timescale.

Count me as one.

But we are looking for a bloke to win us the next one. and a bloke who was bankrolled 7/8 years ago - isn't going to do that

That's a bit strong. All I'm saying is that he HAS won trophies - if you took away 'bankrolling' you might change quite a few managers' credentials. Winning two Spanish titles isn't to be sniffed at, by the way.

More of the same shit, wasn't it?

Moratti decided the summer he appointed Rafa should coincide with the first summer ever he wouldn't spend any money.

Not a problem - Rafa had plenty to work with. Until the injuries started mounting.

Still not a problem. But then Moratti started pointing the finger.

f*n hell - even his excuses are similar to houlliers !

I don't really want Rafa but I would be behind him 100% if he were appointed. My fear is that he wont have the backing of a lot of fans from the beginning primarily because he managed Liverpool recently, which is a pretty silly reason if you ask me.