Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I wouldn't call Houllier a disaster.

Anyway, I just can't see there not being anything in this Rafa talk. He's come out of nowhere so fast. Obviously people have been putting big money on him but why would they do that?

I'm scared.

Can't be true - in the words of kevin keegan

"i would hate it if he joined it - absolutely hate it"

ex scousers + villa = disaster

collymore

baros

warnock

houllier

Staunton

Houghton

Saunders

To be fair, I wouldn't call Houllier a disaster.

Anyway, I just can't see there not being anything in this Rafa talk. He's come out of nowhere so fast. Obviously people have been putting big money on him but why would they do that?

Exactly, it's not based on press speculation like Ancelotti when his odds crashed. I think there is something in this

I'd take Benitez over McClaren but only just. I'm staying off oddschecker now. Hughes was as low as 1/20 at one point.

Yeah but he had just resigned so the bookies were protecting themselves from what appeared to be an inevitable appointment. This has come from nowhere............

Trouble is with Benitez is that he has the potential to turn out like Houllier - a Liverpool loving disrespectful prick who just doesn't get this great club and living off the back of past glories but now having lost it.

I don't like Rafa Benitez.

He might do a good job, he might not - regardless I don't like him.

Is he a better manager than McLaren? Probably.

Would I sooner have McLaren? I'd sooner have the tea lady than Benitez.

Trouble is with Benitez is that he has the potential to turn out like Houllier - a Liverpool loving disrespectful prick who just doesn't get this great club and living off the back of past glories but now having lost it.
Interesting that you choose to focus on that and not the dozens of more important things Houllier got wrong. With regards to Benitez, I'd be more worried about his management of the team in general than what he thought or said about Liverpool.

It dosnt show great vision to take Villa into the future does it? There are far better up and coming managers out there..Its just a case of the club having the insight to look and broaden their search from just looking at Premiership Experianced managers only..

I just have a feeling that Randy will be mindful of another Houllier situation with Rafa, and that would be the last thing he'd want. Unless he's dead set on him I think it's unlikely. Odds drop oddly all the time, you don't always find out the reason, any number of things could be going on behind the scenes.

DON'T PANIC!

I'm still really hoping it's Ancelotti. Not only for the obvious but also because this forum will be a much nicer place with less hostility and hatred with somebody the large majority of us like at the helm.