Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a feeling that Randy will be mindful of another Houllier situation with Rafa, and that would be the last thing he'd want. Unless he's dead set on him I think it's unlikely. Odds drop oddly all the time, you don't always find out the reason, any number of things could be going on behind the scenes.

DON'T PANIC!

print out - and read 1000 times ! (every hour)

Trouble is with Benitez is that he has the potential to turn out like Houllier - a Liverpool loving disrespectful prick who just doesn't get this great club and living off the back of past glories but now having lost it.
Interesting that you chose to focus on that and not the dozens of more important things Houllier got wrong. With regards to Benitez, I'd be more worried about his management of the team in general than what he thought or said about Liverpool.

The fact Houllier just didn't get us as a club is why he was a failure - believing we were a 7th -12th place club thinking it was acceptable to throw a game before it kicked of etc. Kind of shit you'd expect to go on by a manager at a club with much lesser standing than AVFC.

I want a manager who sees us for what we are - a great club with fantastic supporters and great potential and someone who has the where with all to realise that potential. Not some one his way down with his best days behind him.

Anyone can make a mistake and Houllier was this boards **** up. Hopefully they have learned from it and won't make a similar one.

Trouble is with Benitez is that he has the potential to turn out like Houllier - a Liverpool loving disrespectful prick who just doesn't get this great club and living off the back of past glories but now having lost it.
Interesting that you chose to focus on that and not the dozens of more important things Houllier got wrong. With regards to Benitez, I'd be more worried about his management of the team in general than what he thought or said about Liverpool.

The fact Houllier just didn't get us as a club is why he was a failure - believing we were a 7th -12th place club thinking it was acceptable to throw a game before it kicked of etc. Kind of shit you'd expect to go on by a manager at a club with much lesser standing than AVFC.

I want a manager who sees us for what we are - a great club with fantastic supporters and great potential and someone who has the where with all to realise that potential. Not some one his way down with his best days behind him.

Anyone can make a mistake and Houllier was this boards **** up. Hopefully they have learned from it and won't make a similar one.

I don't really know how you can say he didn't "get" us. You don't know what he was thinking and neither do I. I just think it'd off that you kept on (and are still going by the looks of it) about minor things like waving to Liverpool fans or the 7th-12th comment when there were far bigger more important things he got wrong.

Well Rafa is the bookies new Fav now!

:D they haven't got a clue, nobody has

This..

Thing is a number of very large bets have just been put on Benitez. Either someone has given out some duff ITK stuff or someone genuinely knows that's something's in the pipeline.

Well, perhaps Lerner thinks getting Benitez would be a statement of intent being that he has won a few trophies over the years. I would rather have Hughes, Ancelloti, Jol or Moyes over him any day of the week.

I can't see how Benitez would be above managers such as: Ancelotti, hughes, moyes, Jol who we would be ok with. There is no way we have spoken with all those and if we have I would bet my house one of them would come here. These Benitez odds and rumours are total rubbish in my opinion.