Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avast! I be votin' for Deschamps, He be a Claret n' Blue Napoleon! Be quashin' the player revolution with is' mighty powerful yet dainty n' delicate fists!
You are the best thing to happen to this forum in a long time. Please keep on posting. :D

Ancelotti and Wilkins for me, best candidates by a country mile and best of all we don't have to pay any bloody compensation!

Their wages will still be more than say Moyes wages and compensation will be, can we afford it.

If they managed to bring success back to Villa, it would be money very well spent IMO!

Wouldn't really be excited about Hughes or Moyes.

Rikjaard, Van Gaal, Jol, Anchelloti, Deschamps

this rijkaard is free in 3 days time from contract

van gaal is free from contracts

ancellotti is free from contracts

deschamps is making noises about discontent

3 out of 4 are ready to go, they are top managers, winners at management level, internationally respected managers who have managed top european clubs. managers who will force people to take notice, force people like young and downing to consider things far more closely than before, attract better players to the club and so on and so on

or

hughes

its like saying do you want a car for free, any car its yours for free but you must pay the running costs

do you go for the rolls royce, it is awesome, pure quality, gets noticed, gets respect and people admire it but it costs alot to keep it going although it will get you there in style and you get the best car parking space

or do you go for the ford focus deisel, nothing wrong with it and it will get you places although doesnt look good, performance is suspect and never gets above 80 miles per hour when it has a full load and when you park it you get a key scratch in it and someone parks their stupid honda jazz next to it and opens their door into the side panel of your car causing a small dent in it.

As a man who works in car rental, you've almost convinced me....

As a man that doesn't work in car anything, you've confused me. Are you for or against a reliable but cheap alternative? If you're driving a taxi or a limo, you attract better clientele (players) in the Rolls. I want a name that has some excitement to it.... not the reliable ford focus.

A manager the calibre of Ancelotti doesn't come along very often. He's a winner. He's got no current contract. Perhaps most importantly to me he seems fiercly loyal. He didn't deserve to be treated the way Chelsea got rid of him. Maybe even with Wilkins along side him again? I think the feel good atmosphere around Villa would raise astronomically with Ancelotti in charge and that's what this club needs right now.

Players have often been quoted as saying they wanted to work under O'Neill and that was one of their reasons for being drawn towards Villa. I very much imagine the same could be set about Ancelotti.

To me he is the stand out candidate amongst a very good field. I would not be disappointed in the slightest in landing a Moyes or a Hughes.

I don't get the love for Ancelotti. He's never managed a club like Villa and it would be a gamble to think that he could do it well. Just because a manager has had success doesn't mean they'd be a success at any club they go to. I'm also not convinced on his style of play. Chelsea were never exactly fun to watch in his reign, so I expect the style would pretty much be a continuation of what we saw under GH, which doesn't get me excited at all.

I think Hughes would be a good fit for us, and he's a young manager who has achieved above the expected level at every club he's been at, looking to make the step up to the next level.

Henry Winter on Twitter: Whoever gets #avfc job, Hughes/McClaren etc, gets a great club. Good chairman/stadium/t-ground/fans/kids. Needs to address Dunne-Collins tho

Always had a lot of time for Winter and I agree with him on this.

Hope that arse wipe Holt keeps his mouth shut.

Agreed Winter always speaks highly of the club and the talent we have coming through.

No doubt Holt will be banging on about stupidity of upsetting his royal highness MON, by not letting him spend money in the transfer market bla bla bla! and then RL panic buying an overpriced Darren Bent in the following January window... bla bla bla...

NRC on how much a week Oliver to sit on his backside warming the bench?

It wasn't over the transfer budget you bag of wind...it was about the 91% of earnings wage bill!!

Honestly, if Randy chooses McClaren, I will lose any respect i have for him. This would be a shocking appointment, and I would definitely consider holding out on my season ticket if he is chosen as the man to take us forward!! THE GUY IS A CLOWN; A JOKE, A WASTE OF SPACE, AND ISN'T FIT TO BE MANAGING A LEAGUE ONE TEAM, LET ALONE A TEAM OF SUCH GREAT TRADITION AND PRIDE AS ASTON VILLA F.C.

Sorry for the caps, but i'd showing my frustration at the thought of it.

I wouldnt even wish him on the blues and that is saying something.

RANDY, DO NOT CHOOSE UMBRELLA MAN...I BEG YOU!!

I've said from the start it has to be Ancelotti, people say he only manage's established clubs, but i think the project we have would appeal to him, he has a point to prove after being treated so badly by chavski.

Why not prove it here and rebuild us, we have a chairman that backs the manager thru thick and thin and think this is appealing to alot of managers.

What i'd also like to know is where the **** are our so called ITK's, surtely they should be on now with the latest but there nowhere to be seen.

I don't get the love for Ancelotti. He's never managed a club like Villa and it would be a gamble to think that he could do it well.

Messi's never played for a club like Villa but I'd still give him a season to see if he could hack it!

Joking aside you're right that there's nothing to say he could do it well but the fact he has had success at two clubs who get to choose from the very best managers in the game (and Avram Grant) suggests he possesses the skills to give it a bloody good go.

3 out of 4 are ready to go, they are top managers, winners at management level, internationally respected managers who have managed top european clubs. managers who will force people to take notice, force people like young and downing to consider things far more closely than before, attract better players to the club and so on and so on

or

hughes

its like saying do you want a car for free, any car its yours for free but you must pay the running costs

do you go for the rolls royce, it is awesome, pure quality, gets noticed, gets respect and people admire it but it costs alot to keep it going although it will get you there in style and you get the best car parking space

or do you go for the ford focus deisel, nothing wrong with it and it will get you places although doesnt look good, performance is suspect and never gets above 80 miles per hour when it has a full load and when you park it you get a key scratch in it and someone parks their stupid honda jazz next to it and opens their door into the side panel of your car causing a small dent in it.

As a man that doesn't work in car anything, you've confused me. Are you for or against a reliable but cheap alternative? If you're driving a taxi or a limo, you attract better clientele (players) in the Rolls. I want a name that has some excitement to it.... not the reliable ford focus.

Haha I do apologise, what I meant was that your metaphor is ringing true to me

or

hughes

if you wanted be a winner, to look good, have success and have people admiring you you would have the rolls royce.... of a manager ala ancellotti

if you just wanted to be able to stay in the slow lane and not really move anywhere fast get the focus of managers ala hughes

Although im in favour of Deschamps..The 38% for Ancelotti is good. If we couldnt get Deschamps I would settle for the Italian oldie goldie.. Dont think he would build as good as dessie would but surely the next best in the bunch listed above?