Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes has been in that job barely 10 months if he jumps ship to join us it's a real signal that he's a selfish prick and utterly devoid of any commitment. If a manager or player of ours was to do such a thing we'd string them up.

agree, what's to stop him leaving villa if a "bigger club" needs a new manager.

rather have Moyes for commitment but can't see him leaving the Toffees

I think Villa need a Bent like moment like we had in the January transfer window. Signing up a Jol, Hughes, McClaren will not really excite the fans, but ancelotti and wilkin partnership will send out a message to the rest of the Prem and make them stand up and take notice, if not I be happy with Coyle or Moyes and Benitez as well.

I came on to write exactly this word for word, though definitely not Benitez. Let's remember that Benitez took a Houllier team and made it worse... imagine what would happen to us if he made us even worse!!

UTV

Going onto win the biggest trophy you can at club level is making a team worse, I welcome Benitez. I thought he was decent at Liverpool, got them the FA Cup, made them into the top 4 team, finishing as high as 2nd. With Valencia, 2 la liga titles in a league dominated by 2 teams and UEFA cup is nothing to be sniffed at. His personailty and some if his signing aren't great, but he still a super coach, look what happen at the start of this season at Liverpool, the trouble was with the owners not the management, would be a great signing for Villa, we never ever had a coach with a CV like his and thats why Carlo Ancelotti and Benitez are two of my favourite.

Can people saying Hughes is a winner please list the things he has won as a manager please

THANKS.

Please find (and quote) the people who have used the word winner to describe his Hughes in this thread.

Thanks.

Hughes signed Kompany, De jong, Given, Tevez, Lescott and Barry. I think he's decent in the transfer market

He had unlimited funds, anyone could make those signings with unlimited funds - he won't be able to make signings like that here.

To be fair, Kompany at 6/7m was blinding business.

Hughes signed Kompany, De jong, Given, Tevez, Lescott and Barry. I think he's decent in the transfer market

He had unlimited funds, anyone could make those signings with unlimited funds - he won't be able to make signings like that here.

Kompany and de Jong were two great signings and didn't cost a fortune.

Also players like Ireland bentley played their best football under him so I'd be confident he would get the best out of a lot of our squad.

Kompany 6/7m yes, De Jong 18m no.

Well,

my money is on Hughes , Ancellotti and wilkins would be superb.

good luck to gerard and good health , we have a great chairman and board , cheers martin for all the shit we now find ourselves in.

Up the villa , god bless randy and the general.

Hughes would be good for the players we have at the moment i.e grafters not players...bit like a MON. However, we want to move from these type of players and add really quality then I think someone with a better CV, dont know who, would be better for Villa in the long term.......However again, if he brought Hangeland and Dempsey with him it could be good

I really struggleed to select any of the possible choices in the poll. To me, there seems to be a number of reasonable options that would all do a reasonable job, beyond that I fear we'd be taking expensive risks.

I'd love the idea of Ancelotti, but for some reason Ray Wilkins annoys the hell out of me and when you look at the clubs he has managed before, they will have been structured very differently to ours. I'm not sure he'd want the additional workload and responsibility over the areas of transfers etc, plus having a smaller staff to work with. I'm also not sure how realistic his salary demands would be.

McClaren did well for a while at Middlesbrough and of course with FC Twente, plus he has a great coaching pedigree. As a non-Englishman obviously his record with the national team does not concern me as much as iit will many of you, although I agree he is equally liable to be a disaster as a success.

Being Welsh, I remember Hughes' first job in management with our national team. He did very well, for a while, albeit with a strong Wales team which had Premiership players in every position. Let's not forget that Wales were one dope-taking Russian side away from appearing at a major finals. His record in the Premier League is good, although not groundbreaking I suppose. I think he would be a good appointment.

Moyes seems like an excellent manager, although whether we're a much better proposition for him than Everton is debatable at this time. I just can't see us paying the compensation for him.

Deschamps, Benitez, Rijkaard et al would excite the fans but they are all huge risks in my opinion. Martinez hasn't done enough for me to deserve being manager of AVFC. I do think he's one to watch for the future though.

So, by process of elimation, unless there's someone I'm forgetting, I'd go for Hughes.

Personally - I want to see Ancelotti and Wilkins here. It would be a massive statement of intent.

I would be very happy with Moyes.

Hughes - I still have a couple of doubts, but I agree that we have a very good chance to start over and build with him and I can see the positives. It wouldn't be a disaster that's for sure!

One of those three for me. I don't know enough about Deschamps so I really can't comment on him.

Can people saying Hughes is a winner please list the things he has won as a manager please

THANKS.

likewise im not sure why theres such a lovefest over Moyes,

Ancelotti for me, else Benitez

I think it'll be Hughes and I'm pretty happy with that. He's seemingly a pragmatist, which we need right now, he's young, he'll bring back our steel which we've lost this season wholesale.

I don't like the guy, but I think he's the right man for us now.