Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

anyone but Steve Mclaren!

I pray not.... in my worst nightmare!

Wonder if he ever did a press conferance at BMH, whether he'd do it in extra slow Brummie... just for the natives!

How embarassing....

I'm getting a sniff if Pat Murphy is right and Hughes is out of the picture.... and Moyes isn't for turning........ and Phil Thompson

reckons GH thought he had a job as of yesterday, then something big may have changed the roll of the dice!

I wonder if I'm reading too much into this but could we have landed a big signing aka Bent....... ie Ancellotti?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yes. We end up with Benitez or McLaren and it will be an absolute disaster.

Come on give Benitez a bit of credit. I don't see how it would be a disaster, he's clearly got a good record as a manager?

He **** up with Liverpool in the end but a lot of that was due to the tension between him and those clueless owners.

im more worried about how average he made inter look, i think he's a huge name still and shows tons of ambition by the club by he's instantly trying to win fans over, at least a quarter of the fans would grumble and be negative from the off

Come on give Benitez a bit of credit. I don't see how it would be a disaster, he's clearly got a good record as a manager?

He **** up with Liverpool in the end but a lot of that was due to the tension between him and those clueless owners.

I don't like the man and never have. Not only that I don't rate him as a manager, completely lost the plot at Liverpool. No charisma about him and would set us back completely IMO. I didn't want Houllier here at the end but I'd rather him a million times over than Benitez, I feel that strongly about it.

There are a few whispers appearing now seemingly pointing to Hughes staying put & it appears Moyes is happy to stagnate at Everton "again" yet there seems to be more focus on Benitez, Mclaren at the mo.. On ITV news they just mentioned Mark Hughes, Benitez & McLaren as the favourites too..

I didnt see that on the news?

I can't believe that the media are suggesting McLaren for the Villa job - FFS, this would be a disaster.

Randy - PLEASE listen - ANCELOTTI please!!!!

McLaren would be an horrific appointment. Benitez would be better, in the same way genital warts is better than syphilis.

I would become very worried if Hughes was out of the running.

McClaren's faux-Brummie accent might be worth his appointment alone...

Sadly, the fact the guy appears to be an utter clown outweighs it.

I have ran 4 new games on the bible that is Football Manager, and he's gotten the job each time :-(

Hmmm.

He messed up at Inter as well. Admitdely Mourinho hard act to follow but even so he messed up there.

No denying Benitez's has pedigree but he has seems to have lost the plot football wise recent years.

He left a worse Liverpool squad than arguably Houllier did.

Seems to alienate ppl and tbh think he'd be wrong fit for us .

All season I have been saying I would like to see Moyes in charge. Earlier in the year I read a newspaper article that suggested Moyes would leave Everton this summer because of their sell to buy, or even just 'sell' policy. So this summer I was really hoping that the situation would be right for him to come to Villa. He would respect our exceptional youth policy as he has done at Everton and, given more of a budget than he had at Everton, could bring some serious success. But would his appointment tempt the current stars on the verge of leaving to stay / sign new contracts? He may be too 'steady' a choice.

So I have to say that, actually, I would quite like to see something a little more adventurous like Ancelotti or Deschampes!

There are a few whispers appearing now seemingly pointing to Hughes staying put & it appears Moyes is happy to stagnate at Everton "again" yet there seems to be more focus on Benitez, Mclaren at the mo.. On ITV news they just mentioned Mark Hughes, Benitez & McLaren as the favourites too..

I didnt see that on the news?

Yeah it was on very briefly.. At least i think it was ITV? Could've been BBC i guess as i wasn't paying any attention until i heard them mention GH :lol:

If Randy appoints McClaren there will be a **** riot outside VP, he will lose all the faith he has built so well over the last 5 years!! We will not sell out a single game all season IMO.

Yes, the thought of it actually happening makes me nervously angry!

Are we dismissing McLaren just because of what he did when England manager, He won the league with Twente who are almsot like the Aston Villa or Dutch football

He also nearly relegated Wolfsburg who were champions of the German league just two seasons ago.