Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posted on a Fulham site:

"Per Radio 5 (Pat Murphy) Mark Hughes had a 1 day window which ended yesterday at midnight to effect his get out clause with FFC. As such he would have to walk out on his contract with FFC. Pat Murphy understands that in view of these circumstances Mark Hughes will stay at FFC and his sources reveal the new Villa manager is down to:

David Moyes

Rafa Benetiz

Steve Mclaren

This is the latest position and I understand Pat Murphy is well placed Midlands football reporter."

not sure how true this is but it is interesting.

posted on a Fulham site:

"Per Radio 5 (Pat Murphy) Mark Hughes had a 1 day window which ended yesterday at midnight to effect his get out clause with FFC. As such he would have to walk out on his contract with FFC. Pat Murphy understands that in view of these circumstances Mark Hughes will stay at FFC and his sources reveal the new Villa manager is down to:

David Moyes

Rafa Benetiz

Steve Mclaren

This is the latest position and I understand Pat Murphy is well placed Midlands football reporter."

YES....

Come on guys get behind me and SHOUT for Deschamps.. :lol:

Pat Murphy has a twitter account... !Checks it quickly!)

Although im in favour of Deschamps..The 38% for Ancelotti is good. If we couldnt get Deschamps I would settle for the Italian oldie goldie.. Dont think he would build as good as dessie would but surely the next best in the bunch listed above?

Hughes is a distant 3rd, and I genuinely think that Moyes will stay at Everton.

Maybe Randy should do an x-factor style phone poll thingy. Where fickle Villans get to vote for their next manager.

Wes be convincin' me! Cap'n Ancelotti n' is' bald parrot Wilkins be thee only way to victory! Horarrr!

"I milked the cows and cut the trees and bushes."

"The most important produce was milk, which produced parmesan cheese. And the big lesson I learnt was to wait, to be patient.

"Because he who wants to produce parmesan today has to wait for at least one year before everything is ready for him to make cheese.

"You plant today and harvest one year or two years later. This is my philosophy with football."

By the Powers! Carlo me hearty, Birmingham be like one brimmin' colossus farmyard!

posted on a Fulham site:

David Moyes

Rafa Benetiz

Steve Mclaren

YES....

Come on guys get behind me and SHOUT for Deschamps.. :lol:

Not yes. We end up with Benitez or McLaren and it will be an absolute disaster.

posted on a Fulham site:

David Moyes

Rafa Benetiz

Steve Mclaren

This is so **** depressing. Out of the three on that "source", 2 of those are the only names being banded about that I REALLY, REALLY don't want. Spanish Waiter and Wally in the Brolly are truly awful appointments considering that Ancelloti is now looking. Moyes is clearly not coming, for all his veiled grumbles about the Everton board he's still happy there.

Honestly, if Randy chooses McClaren, I will lose any respect i have for him. This would be a shocking appointment, and I would definitely consider holding out on my season ticket if he is chosen as the man to take us forward!! THE GUY IS A CLOWN; A JOKE, A WASTE OF SPACE, AND ISN'T FIT TO BE MANAGING A LEAGUE ONE TEAM, LET ALONE A TEAM OF SUCH GREAT TRADITION AND PRIDE AS ASTON VILLA F.C.

Sorry for the caps, but i'd showing my frustration at the thought of it.

I wouldnt even wish him on the blues and that is saying something.

RANDY, DO NOT CHOOSE UMBRELLA MAN...I BEG YOU!!

Absolute no to Steve McClown. Please NO. I'd be happy with Moyes, Hughes or Ancellotti. Van Gaal because it's a sexy appointment (not the man, the appointment!!). I genuinely think that the board will be desperate to not gamble though, which is why the choice will hopefully be one of the three I've mentioned.

Not yes. We end up with Benitez or McLaren and it will be an absolute disaster.

Come on give Benitez a bit of credit. I don't see how it would be a disaster, he's clearly got a good record as a manager?

He **** up with Liverpool in the end but a lot of that was due to the tension between him and those clueless owners.

There are a few whispers appearing now seemingly pointing to Hughes staying put & it appears Moyes is happy to stagnate at Everton "again" yet there seems to be more focus on Benitez, Mclaren at the mo.. On ITV news they just mentioned Mark Hughes, Benitez & McLaren as the favourites too..