Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Hughes led Blackburn to a 6th and 7th place finishes, three cup semi finals. in 4 season's for a club liek Blackburn that is some going.

He got Blackburn and Fulham into Europe and I think he could get us back there

Well it is certainly a much better pot of avaliable managers than we had in the summer thats for sure!

Ancellotti,

Van Gaal,

Martinez,

Hughes,

Moyes,

Benitez,

McClaren,

Pretty much in that order though not a lot between the 3rd to 6th so one of the 1st 2 ideally but any of the next 4 otherwise & OK if we have no other options for the last 2!

Hughes would be depressing. If you want to keep your best players you need to bring in a manager like Ancelotti who demands respect and the players see the ambition. Sure he'd cost more but he's willing to stay in england and manage a non CL club.

We've been through this, its not as easy as your saying.

We ask him he could say no, simple.

Its certainly more likely than sure he will cost more, thats it he'll come!

Willing to stay in England and not live in London, where are these West Am quotes about him willing to manage them anyway?

I'd be delighted with Hughes and don't understand the negativity towards him. Done well where he has been, got a decent transfer record and is a winner. I think Ancelotti would be a huge flop here. I just don't think he is right for our club, don't care how you try and dress it up.

Hughes has been in that job barely 10 months if he jumps ship to join us it's a real signal that he's a selfish prick and utterly devoid of any commitment. If a manager or player of ours was to do such a thing we'd string them up.

Er.....well it was Fulham that gave him a rolling contract.

Which is why he can leave now if he wants.

I think Villa need a Bent like moment like we had in the January transfer window. Signing up a Jol, Hughes, McClaren will not really excite the fans, but ancelotti and wilkin partnership will send out a message to the rest of the Prem and make them stand up and take notice, if not I be happy with Coyle or Moyes and Benitez as well.

Are we supposed to be voting for who we want, or who we think it will be?

Sadly, I think it will be Hughes. But I'd prefer any of the established names on that list to him (i.e. Ancelloti, Moyes, Jol, Benitez, Deschamps) or one of the less experienced like Coyle/Martinez. Hell, I'd even prefer McClaren. Hughes is just so, so uninspiring; too often he just sets out to avoid defeat - he had all the money in the world with City & built a team that drew all the time. And he spends every post-match interview whining about referees. Fulham had an okay season (though spent the first half of it drawing with everyone), but a late run of form put a gloss on it, much like ours. And he basically just continued with Hodgson's team.

People talk like we are in a dire situation where safety & stability is paramount, but the season is finished and we've got a whole summer ahead to start fresh. The squad is going to change considerably whoever we get, as we've already lost several squad members. Now is the time to get someone who has a real idea about how to re-shape a side over time - not just settle for a 'safe pair of hands' to settle us down into stable midtable mediocrity.

Someone mentioned Klinsmann (and he's been linked in the past). That would be a far more exciting choice. Someone who wants to play attacking football & build an ethos into the team. It might take longer & be riskier, but at least it should lead to more excitement about the club..

My feelings exactly. Thanks for saving me the trouble :)

Apart from his first season at Rovers. A Mark Hughes team has never finished in the bottom half of the table and his has managed Blackburn and Fulham.

I cant see why if we get him it would be a bad decision their is far worse managers we can have on that list.

If we're going to be ambitious as a club we need an ambitious appointment.

We need a manager with international gravitas who can source and attract players from around the world and get them to play decent football.

Moyes, Huges Coyle et al are simply not good enough to work with our resources and achieve CL football. They will hit the PL glass ceiling.

We need to look to someone like Ancelotti, Deshamps, Benitez, van Gaal etc.

They can get, keep and motivate the players we need and play the football to achieve.

Hughes has been in that job barely 10 months if he jumps ship to join us it's a real signal that he's a selfish prick and utterly devoid of any commitment. If a manager or player of ours was to do such a thing we'd string them up.

Nonsense, he signed a 1 year contract with an option for 2. He was going there to get over the City mess. Fulham are a small club, he was always going to leave them when an better opportunity came up. With Villa he'd have to show success over next 3/4 years to get a step up.

Voted for Ancelotti. If we can get him and Wilkins then we will have one great manager and one great ambassador for our club.

Bent and Downing will probably stay and our new management team will attract better players to our club.

This is the partnership that given time will finished the job that GH's health wouldn't allow him to do!