Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Skysports football site, click "premier league" tab, scroll down page to "more headlines" till you see "Moyes rejects villa rumours" but when you click it there's nothing there. it's been like that all day???

Can't see Moyes leaving everton, he said he wouldn't leave last time, so what's changed?

Hughes is a sideways step, no better than Martin NoDeal (but at least he wouldn't take any shite of the players)

Needs a high profile manager for me

Go to Skysports football site, click "premier league" tab, scroll down page to "more headlines" till you see "Moyes rejects villa rumours" but when you click it there's nothing there. it's been like that all day???

I think I might pass up on that rather dull offer :lol:

Henry Winter on Twitter: Whoever gets #avfc job, Hughes/McClaren etc, gets a great club. Good chairman/stadium/t-ground/fans/kids. Needs to address Dunne-Collins tho

Always had a lot of time for Winter and I agree with him on this.

Hope that arse wipe Holt keeps his mouth shut.

I think it'll be Hughes and I'm pretty happy with that. He's seemingly a pragmatist, which we need right now, he's young, he'll bring back our steel which we've lost this season wholesale.

I don't like the guy, but I think he's the right man for us now.

No he isnt!

We are a perfect time now for "re-build" and if we are going to re-build we may as well get it right.

We need to move forward and have a change in style and approach.

Total football is the way...Barca have proved this by destroying Man United..

Deschamps can re-build a great Aston Villa with modern tactics and style that will blow managers like Hughes away.. Deschamps can bring in the next Viera, Henry etc..Exciting football that will take us into the top 4 within 2 seasons.

Wouldn't really be excited about Hughes or Moyes.

Rikjaard, Van Gaal, Jol, Anchelloti, Deschamps

this rijkaard is free in 3 days time from contract

van gaal is free from contracts

ancellotti is free from contracts

deschamps is making noises about discontent

3 out of 4 are ready to go, they are top managers, winners at management level, internationally respected managers who have managed top european clubs. managers who will force people to take notice, force people like young and downing to consider things far more closely than before, attract better players to the club and so on and so on

or

hughes

its like saying do you want a car for free, any car its yours for free but you must pay the running costs

do you go for the rolls royce, it is awesome, pure quality, gets noticed, gets respect and people admire it but it costs alot to keep it going although it will get you there in style and you get the best car parking space

or do you go for the ford focus deisel, nothing wrong with it and it will get you places although doesnt look good, performance is suspect and never gets above 80 miles per hour when it has a full load and when you park it you get a key scratch in it and someone parks their stupid honda jazz next to it and opens their door into the side panel of your car causing a small dent in it.

I think I might pass up on that rather dull offer :lol:

Dull yes, but Moyes ain't coming peeps.... nothing to see here, move along :cry:

Ancelotti and Wilkins for me, best candidates by a country mile and best of all we don't have to pay any bloody compensation!

Their wages will still be more than say Moyes wages and compensation will be, can we afford it.

Wouldn't really be excited about Hughes or Moyes.

Rikjaard, Van Gaal, Jol, Anchelloti, Deschamps

this rijkaard is free in 3 days time from contract

van gaal is free from contracts

ancellotti is free from contracts

deschamps is making noises about discontent

3 out of 4 are ready to go, they are top managers, winners at management level, internationally respected managers who have managed top european clubs. managers who will force people to take notice, force people like young and downing to consider things far more closely than before, attract better players to the club and so on and so on

or

hughes

its like saying do you want a car for free, any car its yours for free but you must pay the running costs

do you go for the rolls royce, it is awesome, pure quality, gets noticed, gets respect and people admire it but it costs alot to keep it going although it will get you there in style and you get the best car parking space

or do you go for the ford focus deisel, nothing wrong with it and it will get you places although doesnt look good, performance is suspect and never gets above 80 miles per hour when it has a full load and when you park it you get a key scratch in it and someone parks their stupid honda jazz next to it and opens their door into the side panel of your car causing a small dent in it.

As a man who works in car rental, you've almost convinced me....