Emile Heskey

R.Bear

The results haven't been that different without him.

With him playing we drew 0-0 at home to Wolves and at Fulham.

Without him we drew 1-1 at Qpr and Newcastle.

Madness if we give him a new deal imo given he's in his 30s, is injury prone and isn't a first choice in his position.

With him playing we drew 0-0 at home to Wolves and at Fulham.

Without him we drew 1-1 at Qpr and Newcastle.

also drew 2-2 everton without him. Cant be coincidence that he plays we concede a lot less goals

Id be more than happy wih heskey to stay for another couple of seasons but at a reduced weekly wage. i think he'd probably jump at the chance of a contract extension also. I think he's been okay for us - no more. he was good last season until he got injured.

Needs to leave at the end of the season

Needs to be removed from the wage bill such a waste of money

We signed him as a striker not for his defensive work would rather we replace him or give our young players more of a chance

Needs to leave at the end of the season

Needs to be removed from the wage bill such a waste of money

We signed him as a striker not for his defensive work would rather we replace him or give our young players more of a chance

What?

We signed Ash as a striker - Should we have got rid of him when he switched to wing?

We signed Milner as a Right Midfielder - Should we have got rid of him when switched to CM?

Petrov?

Like any good player with multiple international caps, it sounds like emile has adapted his game to prolong his career at the top level. But because its Emile Heskey, lets jump on his back.

I think the Beckenbauer comments are defo tongue in cheek - A bit of a confidence boost.

Who cares what position hes in, if he can do a job.

An absolute must for me V's Man City. Absolutely no doubt, we are a tighter unit with him in the team. Games like Wigan at home, are different tho

The players you described above such as Young and Milner are quality players in their prime

Emile Heskey has impressive workrate but the workhorse is getting old now and needs to be replaced and put out to pasture

He can bearly string together a run of games now without picking up an injury waste of money considering were having to negotiate within such a tight wage budget

He's currently on what 50 or 60k a week? if he were willing to sign a year extension at 20 - 30k which i dont think he would do id take him for his experience and to help nurture the youngsters but he wouldnt contribute much else.

I keep hearing all this PR emanating from the club suggesting the future is bright and that we have a great crop of youngsters well why don't we use them at least blood them for experience.

The players you described above such as Young and Milner are quality players in their prime

Emile Heskey has impressive workrate but the workhorse is getting old now and needs to be replaced and put out to pasture

He can bearly string together a run of games now without picking up an injury waste of money considering were having to negotiate within such a tight wage budget

He's currently on what 50 or 60k a week? if he were willing to sign a year extension at 20 - 30k which i dont think he would do id take him for his experience and to help nurture the youngsters but he wouldnt contribute much else.

I keep hearing all this PR emanating from the club suggesting the future is bright and that we have a great crop of youngsters well why don't we use them at least blood them for experience.

Totally agree regarding 60k being too much.

In fact I agree with all of that post - we dont want to be relying on Emile. As much as I like him, we shouldnt be in a position where a 33 year old Heskey is one of our best players this season. Fact of the matter is - he is.

IMO the only way it could prove to be worth it would be to give him a one year extension on much lower wages. Keep him around for the kids and the odd game. Don't forget he's our only target man.

Â