Emile Heskey

R.Bear

Heskey is a striker correct? He has 9 goals in 69 Premier League matches for us. Now that is one goal in nearly 8 games. That is shit. Heskey is invisible most matches and does little while on the pitch. He is a waste of a spot when we could have someone like Bannan or Albrighton playing and getting better. Plus those two do way more than Heskey ever does on the pitch. People claim that Heskey is good, but that is not right. I don't want him at the club.

you just don't win 57 caps for england and be rubbish. Just doesn't happen

I couldn't care if he won 400 caps for England , we were discussing his Villa career ..and it's been pants

Well it hasn't has it?

Could have been better of course but could have been worse. Its been ok, and this season hes played well.

Same goal ratio as darren Bent so far

Haha you cannot be serious, are you? :?

Heskey has been here 2.5 seasons scoring 14 goals in 86 games at a rate of 1 in 6 games. You get midfielders who have better scoring records than that.

Bent has been here less than 1 season, scoring 11 in 23 games at a rate of 1 in 2 games. A very good strike rate, which most teams would love to have.

I know the argument that Heskey is supposed to bring others into the game and provide scoring opportunities, but frankly I can't see that our goal scoring has increased with him in the team. In fact it feels like the opposite, and our goalscoring ability has dropped since he came into the team 2.5 seasons ago.

I couldn't care if he won 400 caps for England , we were discussing his Villa career ..and it's been pants

Well it hasn't has it?

Could have been better of course but could have been worse. Its been ok, and this season hes played well.

Heskey has been here 2.5 seasons scoring 14 goals in 86 games at a rate of 1 in 6 games. You get midfielders who have better scoring records than that.

Bent has been here less than 1 season, scoring 11 in 23 games at a rate of 1 in 2 games. A very good strike rate, which most teams would love to have.

I know the argument that Heskey is supposed to bring others into the game and provide scoring opportunities, but frankly I can't see that our goal scoring has increased with him in the team. In fact it feels like the opposite, and our goalscoring ability has dropped since he came into the team 2.5 seasons ago.

So far this season:

2 in 7 Bent

1 in 3.5 Heskey.

It will be good to have him fit again, his hold up play is superior to anybody else in the squad and he gives us another dimension. I'd let him go at the end of the season though purely because his legs are gone.

yes, if the other dimension you want to watch is dunne and collins launching the ball within a 20 meter radius of heskey to see him run, jump, sometimes, almost never making contact with the ball and ending up in a heap on the floor spending 6 weeks out with a crocked ankle.

never rated him before he come to villa, dont rate him now. yes he works hard and i give him credit for that, but it baffles me as to how he has carved out a career for 10+ years in the premier league. as for england, lets not forget the shite that have caps over the years, and andy carroll will be the next heskey for england

Well it hasn't has it?

So far this season:

2 in 7 Bent

1 in 3.5 Heskey.

If you base figures over a handful of games you get erratic results, I prefer to base them over a longer period where you get a truer picture and you can define a true pattern. Your GA stats probably show why McLeish may be looking to play him in defence. I have no issue with him playing back there if he can defend, that remains to be seen though.

Heskey has converted me with his performances last season for Houllier.

Finally saw what countless managers have been seeing in him.

Some of the hold up play I saw from him last year was some of the best ive ever seen.

Glad we still have him, and a usefull player to have in the squad. time to get rid at the end of the season though, those wages he is need freeing up for someone else..

He is a decent player BUT he has to be the further striker forward with people playing off him. But MON bought him without a plan because we just don't have that sort of player.

He is not an attacking CM'er or a link striker or, Mr McLeish, a right winger!

I think he uses him there because he trusts him.

it seems he's desperate to use Bent and Gabby up top which he has done ...then if he puts in Ireland, also Warnock and Hutton getting forward a lot more recently, so he needs cover, who do we have? maybe he feels that he knows he can depend on Heskey to simply cover others, experience, work rate etc...when fit, I'd like to see Petrov, Jenas, Bannan and then Ireland/N'Zogbia with Gabby and Bent ...

the thing with heskey is...

yes he cant shoot for toffee and wont get many goals..

but..he gets the occasional goal, his hold up play when on form is among the best in the league, and when he's playing its like having a third centre back for every corner and free kick we have to defend. In fact i reckon he would be a beast of a CB :-)

he could be usefull throughout the season, but with him getting on its time to shift him on one way or another end of season.

the thing with heskey is...

yes he cant shoot for toffee and wont get many goals..

but..he gets the occasional goal, his hold up play when on form is among the best in the league,

Not much use when he is out on the right wing. He is good at this, it is just unfortunate that we don't have a Michael Owen type player that could play off that holding play!

and when he's playing its like having a third centre back for every corner and free kick we have to defend. In fact i reckon he would be a beast of a CB :-)

Why not play Clark as the DCM with Cuellar and Dunne at CB. Then we would have three CB's at corners and free kicks.

So someone tried to justify playing Heskey because apparently we are better defensively with him in the XI, well 3 goals allowed with him starting and our attack was shit. Then Heskey came off and probably 4-5 minutes later, we scored.

The thing that I cant work out why McLeish cant work it out is this.

You play Emile Heskey, you totally snuff out any chance of Bent scoring. Bent and Heskey cannot play together what-so-ever. Bent likes a middle man to play that ball through the defence for him to run on to, or, the quick ball in, where he can peel off the defender and tap in.

Heskey cannot do either.

What Heskey can do very occasionally is jump 3 inches which knocks the ball over his head and Bent has to try and second guess where the ball is going to turn up - he (and no one) cant !!.

You only had to look at the last few games - how many chances has Bent got when Heskey played. I know he has scored 11 in 23 - I wouldnt mind betting most of the 12 he hsant scored in a certain Ivanhoe has been in the team.

Against Wigan, Bent scored one, but before that, he missed two sitters. But at least he was given the sitters to miss. With Heskey in, he gets no service what-so-ever.

It cant be any co-incidence wither that on Saturday, bannan came on for Heskey, straight away played a few lovely balls tippy tappy around area and within about 80 seconds the ball was in the net !.

Sorry - one of two things are going to happen.

Bent will get bloody fed up of having no service and watching his England career go up in smoke and want to leave.

Or Heskey has to go

I know which one I prefer ! (unfot. I also know which one is more likely :( )

Â