Emile Heskey

R.Bear

Great news he's injured.

We might actually see a player in the AMC role now that actually knows how to pass and dribble rather than one who just wins headers and helps defensively.

Regardless of what anyone says, I hate seeing this player on the team sheet as the bloke is utter toss.

Step forward Bannan/Ireland/Jenas.

I'm sick of the Heskey hate tbh, most of it is ill informed rubbish.

Not sure about hate but he's being played out of position. I, for one, would like to fill that midfield position with somebody who normally plays midfield.

Also Heskey is a very good link man - he's a far better 'link-man / ACM' than young was last season.

Tell that to Bent. I'm sure he'll disagree.

I'm sick of the Heskey hate tbh, most of it is ill informed rubbish.

Everyone knows his weaknesses but people shpuld appreciate his strengths - they may not be 'glossy' or fashionable - but he's not played too bad at ACM this season and what he'#s done is allow Gabby to look decent on the wing -i t may have only been Blackburn but Gabby looked electric on the left and I'd say alot of that is down to Heskey and the hard work he puts in - Gabby knows if he goes forward Heskey will cover him.

Also Heskey is a very good link man - he's a far better 'link-man / ACM' than young was last season.

He's not long-term / he's probably not the answer / but he's not let us down this season and has offered a lot more than N'zog (for instance) has so far.

I agree with this.

Shame he's injured, but hopefully it will pave the way for Ireland / Bannan or even Jenas if he's fit.

Emile has done well playing in the position he has this season. If no one steps up, I actually think we might miss him.

Great news he's injured.

glad he's injured....
Is it only me who is sickened to see people rejoicing that one of our players is injured?

shakehead.gif

Especially as he was probably our best player last season until he got injured against spurs and was looking decent this season and wanting to play for the club

So he's out for a couple of weeks.

Im guessing Bannan will start in his place.

I think you are right BUT in my opinion Bannan would be better suited as a deep lying midfielder who comes to collect the ball from the defence and creates. Ireland or Jenas to start in place of Heskey for me.

So he's out for a couple of weeks.

Im guessing Bannan will start in his place.

I think you are right BUT in my opinion Bannan would be better suited as a deep lying midfielder who comes to collect the ball from the defence and creates. Ireland or Jenas to start in place of Heskey for me.

I agree mate, i think it will be Bannan who steps in, but if i had my choice i would give Ireland run as Jenas isnt fit.

when we have the ball, should allow Bannan to come deeper, give Delph more freedom, not to play in attacking midfielder but just general box to box. The lad has a decent strike on him, can go past players and has a trick. Only seen one game this season but it seems like Delph is being limited to a fairly defensive role. I'm not sure that will get the best out of him, although could make him overall better player. I do see him more as a forward midfielder than defensive myself. Petrov sitting in midfield, allow Delph and Bannan to get on ball. Also means one of them can go left midfield, Gabby/Bent up top in 4-4-2 if needed. bit of flexibility.

Hasnt put a foot wrong all season so far and people are glad he is injured.

With some of the hate he gets you would think he is Joey Barton or Lee Bowyer

I doubt that there are too many Villa fans who hate him!

I like Emile and I respect the fact that he has worked hard BUT he is not an attacking CM'er. He is a point striker who should play up top and create space for others. Unfortunately we have two others who play a sole striker role but also score more.

Do you hate Bannan and/or Ireland who many are suggesting should replace him but you seem to what Heskey to play in "their" place?

As a person I think Heskey is fine. As a player he has his uses, I just don't understand why he plays week in week out. I'm not glad that he's injured, not one bit, but it certainly has more benefits than say, Bent or Gabby being injured.

Do you hate Bannan and/or Ireland who many are suggesting should replace him but you seem to what Heskey to play in "their" place?

i never said that at all. wouldnt mind giving them a chance but for our fans to be happy one of our players is injured isnt nice

their is a lot of vile about Heskey and he is an easy target not just on here but from a majority of England fans as well and in fairness to the guy he has never reacted after 10 years of this abuse.

Sorry for the delay in posting to the injury.

I've been dancing in celebration for the past 24 hours through joy.

Anyone who is not happy that a useless striker that is been played out of position (and therefore is an even worse a player than he usually is)

needs their head checking....

... now if only managers could get injuries

*Edited for Paul McGrath*

Sorry for the delay in posting to the injury. I've been dancing in celebration for 24 hours consistently Anyone who isnt happy that a useless striker that is been played out of position and therefore is eve n worse a player that the 1% he was needs their head checking....

... now if only managers could get injuries

If someone could provide me with a translation for the above post, it would be greatly appreciated.

Â