Emile Heskey

R.Bear

Do you hate Bannan and/or Ireland who many are suggesting should replace him but you seem to what Heskey to play in "their" place?

i never said that at all. wouldnt mind giving them a chance but for our fans to be happy one of our players is injured isnt nice

their is a lot of vile about Heskey and he is an easy target not just on here but from a majority of England fans as well and in fairness to the guy he has never reacted after 10 years of this abuse.

I think many, me included, are happy that Eck might now start to play round pegs in round holes and not that Heskey is injured per se.

I think Emile will survive the abuse - £50k+ a week and constant selection will surely ease the pain? :winkold:

Hasnt put a foot wrong all season so far and people are glad he is injured.

With some of the hate he gets you would think he is Joey Barton or Lee Bowyer

Agree, I think we'll struggle with him missing

Run this risk of getting shot for this: I think we have looked far worse since he got injured. Not saying we where playing like Barcelona before however we look lightweight and can't retain possession since his injury.

He's an important piece in the way we play, no other player can do what he does. We've changed our style to accommodate his absence and have looked poorer. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but he has played his role well, these calls to drop him for Bannan or Ireland, nah not for me, I think he's a far better player than either.

We need Heskey up top to link up better with bent. Although Gabby has started well both he and Bent play better as teh lone forward. So, I'd put Gabby back out wide. Not ideal and if Bent doesn't score in the next few games then its Heskey and Gabby. Jenas will add some solidity and with Petrov - our best outfield player by a country mile - also in there then we can afford to drop N Zog who hasn't got going and start with Bannan or Ireland. i think Petrov has veen reinvigourated because he isn't playing as a sitting midfielder but is trying to get forward - and he has looked bright and, surprisingly, a little pacey.

Heskey back and I think Alex 'SACK HIM' McLeish may get throught he next two games with a with a team this is so obviously not fitting well at the moment.

He's not an 'important' player as such. But the fact is we don't have anyone else with the same ability to hold the ball up and have'nt looked remotely like a side with any threat since he got injured. I honestly used to detest the bloke, but when you see him play regularly you appreciate how much graft he does actually put in.

Â