Emile Heskey

R.Bear

We should have let him go to Liverpool at the time. Another really useless signing by our previous manager. 3.5m+wages wasted on a player who was never going to contribute to the team in the way which was needed, eh, goals. Shocking signing!

and to think 4 months later he would have been free

mind you he did it with sean maloney the year previous, purchased him for million when he would have been free 4 months later

I've waited for this moment from the second we signed him. Couldn't stand watching him play for England, a total waste of time. When we signed him I was stomping around pissed off for weeks. It was exactly like early 00's England: "Yes, but he's a managers player, he holds it up well, it's what you don't see him do..." etc etc etc.

The simple matter for him is this: Emile Heskey is a striker that does not score goals.

Won't miss him at all, him being around next season will just mean blocking the Fonz and Weimann even getting on the bench and we don't want to dispirit those two.

Doubt the club will miss his 60k a week wages either.

60k???!!!

Honestly, I am more and more happy each day that MON **** off. We must have been paying over a 1/4 million on lumps sitting on the bench. Randy hasnt put a foot wrong on big decisions in 5 years.

• 2 months later...
Worrying that he was chosen to play today.. even more worrying that he played full 90 minutes, he can't play in the role asked to play, he is awful.

Its funny how some see a game differently from others!

I thought he played well today, easily the best of the attacking 4. I know that in itself is not a great accolade, as the rest were diabolical, but at least he performed his role well.

Now gabby on the other hand.....

He played well. He worked hard, held the ball up, won freekicks and made some good runs behind their back four.

But because he me missed some half-chances he gets moaned at as usual. Talk about a scapegoat. When Heskey's not playing it's someone else. When a player plays, I base their performance on that one game and not on who they are as a player in the past. Warnock is particular frustrated me last season, but he was very good today.

Heskey can only do what is asked of him and he did it well. However like throughout his career due to his reputation he can't do right and I'm sure he's used to it by now. I will be pleased if Heskey performs to at least this level this season as it different from the player last season who apart from the odd game lacked aggression and physicality to be of any use.

Oh dear.

Oh dear. oh dear. oh dear.

Our first choice left winger.

Oh dear.

nail...

head...

you hit it...

We did not play with a left winger, Heskey played left side of a front 3 (or 4 at times).

Semantics I know, but I thought id make the point!

Â