Emile Heskey

R.Bear

If he carrys on performing the way he has done, he deserves an extension on 20 - 30 k a week as Ash suggested

:shock:

the fact that a contract extension is even being discussed tells you everything that is wrong with this club at present

and his antics v Wigan were frankly embarrassing and he should never have played for us again after that (or before imo)

I would think talk of a contract is involving a bit of kidology on AMC part - keep Emile focused and interested. Emile isn't stupid - Gabby and Bent are clearly our future - and with Wiemann and Delfouneso around he's not going to have much hope of a long contract here - encouraging words to keep him motivated.

If we did give him another year, I'd be surprised if it was more than one more year though.

I would think talk of a contract is involving a bit of kidology on AMC part - keep Emile focused and interested. Emile isn't stupid - Gabby and Bent are clearly our future - and with Wiemann and Delfouneso around he's not going to have much hope of a long contract here - encouraging words to keep him motivated.

If we did give him another year, I'd be surprised if it was more than one more year though.

This is how I see it, and hope things pan out. I don't think we should keep him for any longer than his current contract, but we need to keep him motivated for the season. Then we should be looking to replace with someone younger and on a more realistic contract in todays terms.

and his antics v Wigan were frankly embarrassing and he should never have played for us again after that (or before imo)

what antics?

Wigan at home last year, he absolutely flipped at the ref for not giving him any protection against the Wigan players. I thought he was going to chin someone. he was subbed soon after.

what antics?

Wigan at home last year, he absolutely flipped at the ref for not giving him any protection against the Wigan players. I thought he was going to chin someone. he was subbed soon after.

I think he also did something similar v Blackburn ..totally lost it and then next time the ball was there he went charging in on the Blackburn player and got a yellow

If he carrys on performing the way he has done, he deserves an extension on 20 - 30 k a week as Ash suggested

the fact that a contract extension is even being discussed tells you everything that is wrong with this club at present

Fans Discussing a possible contract extension for a player whos been playing well? Yeah thats a massive indication of whats wrong with our club. Other than the wage bill (which is being addressed), nothing is wrong at Villa. Its just clearly not what you would like it to be.

I know it's not cool to rate Heskey but I do rate him. He's still a good and useful player for us.

I don't see us extending his contract unless he's willing to reduce his wages but then there will probably be a team like Leicester (if promoted) who'll be willing to offer him something similar to what he's on now. Would be surprised to see him here next season.

Fans Discussing a possible contract extension for a player whos been playing well? Yeah thats a massive indication of whats wrong with our club. Other than the wage bill (which is being addressed), nothing is wrong at Villa. Its just clearly not what you would like it to be.

33 year old who has had maybe 3 good games for Villa since he's been here , constantly injured , constantly disappearing when the going gets tough in matches

if you think he's been playing well for us then good luck to you but he really really hasn't

The problem I have with Heskey is he just isn't a goal threat. He rarely looks like scoring and is so clumsy in front of goal. He is the one player that you don't want to see coming on when you're looking for a goal to get back in the game, his strike rate is something like 1 in 6 for us which is truely awful. I'm not even sure that we score more when he is in the team. In fact maybe that is why McLeish see's him as a defender.

33 year old who has had maybe 3 good games for Villa since he's been here , constantly injured , constantly disappearing when the going gets tough in matches

if you think he's been playing well for us then good luck to you but he really really hasn't

Well im not even going to waste time trying to convince you. Majority of Villa fans focus on the negatives of emile Heskey and rarely give him the credit he deserves.

Anyone who doesn't think his a good player is talking bollocks. you just don't win 57 caps for england and be rubbish. Just doesn't happen

you just don't win 57 caps for england and be rubbish. Just doesn't happen

I couldn't care if he won 400 caps for England , we were discussing his Villa career ..and it's been pants

you just don't win 57 caps for england and be rubbish. Just doesn't happen

I couldn't care if he won 400 caps for England , we were discussing his Villa career ..and it's been pants

Well it hasn't has it?

Could have been better of course but could have been worse. Its been ok, and this season hes played well.

Same goal ratio as darren Bent so far

Â