• A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Clark (for Dunne 51)
    • Pirès (for Reo-Coker 68)
    • Albrighton (for Petrov 86)

Out of interest - what substitutions would you have made. I would have taken Gabby off for Albrighton and Reo-Coker off for Delph.

Petrov made his fair share of clusterfucks but at least he was driving us forward.

Why is Pires even here...

I thought he retained possession well and offered some much needed composure. Offered more penetration than Reo Coker as well.

It's all good being able to retain possession, but the problem is when we don't have the ball, it's like we're down to ten men with him on the pitch!

The game turned with the introduction of Pires. A midfield pairing of Pires and Petrov? That's probably the least mobile and slowest duo we could possibly have put out. Petrov should have gone off for Bannan if you wanted to tinker with the team. Bringing Pires on was like giving away the extra man advantage and going 10 v 10.

Absolute disgrace and yet not a surprise in the slightest.

Whilst screaming at the computer I said they'd score in the next 10 minutes to get their equaliser - it took seven. Management didn't do anything about it. I then screamed that we weren't making enough of our 10 man advantage and they'd get a goal on the break - five minutes later that happened too.

Pires substitution was stupid. Clark not Cuellar when points are vital in a derby game? Genius.

**** shit season and the worst one I can ever remember (Premiership). Worse than any under DOL, Taylor or anyone. There are NO positives this season.

Oh - and now lose to Wigan and we are as good as down. Think people got to complacent and assumed we were safe - look at the table, we're not.

This management team and, to be fair, a lot of the players need moving on. Management - whole lot can f*ck off. Players, get rid of Collins, Beye, Warnock, Dunne, Reo-Coker, Pires, Ashley young for sheer arrogance and lack of effort, Petrov (unless he can start making decisions in less than 3minutes), Bradley, Salifou, Gabby (sorry, he's lost that initial spark and needs a fresh start - he'll never be a scorer here again) and obviously Heskey. Yes it's sweeping but the season is proof that big changes are needed.

Unfortunately I'm now very concerned we'll be needing a draw at least on the final day not to rely on others to stay up.

Today was sh*t, the season was sh*t and the future is sh*t.

Pires is also useless. We have a squad containing the likes of Delph, Bradley & Bannan and he chooses to bring on Pires. For ****'s sake he is a waste of space.

Totally agree. We have some great players sat on the bench and he brings on Pires?! They must just be sat there in utter disbelief. Wouldnt be surprised if the likes of Delph and Bannan want out of this shit come the end of the season.

I dont understand why Delph didnt come on, his passing is just as good as Pires' but he's a lot quicker, Albrighton on and changing the formation when we had been batterign them was ridiculous, should have been

Dunne>Cuellar

Petrov>Delph

Young>Albrighton

I just don't get the Pires thing. He is horribly immobile. He is effectively a frail old man. What the **** is going on? I said his legs had gone the moment we signed him, and it remains the case now. Except he's had A LOT of game time since then. Its just beyond absurd.

On the plus side at least Wigan & Blackpool dropped points and I will actually be routing for Blues tomorrow against Wolves and Man City against West Ham. With those results Wolves would be on 8 behind with 3 to play, and West Ham would be 9 behind with 3 to play. Then if we can at least get a point next week we will be safe.

I'm not normally this unambitious but this season is the biggest joke in our history. GH couldn't help his medical condition but it's sods **** law that we end up with GMAC in charge for the remaining games of the season. Arsenal and Liverpool are going to shit all over us at this rate so next weeks game is vital. Bet we manage to **** it up.

We have some great players sat on the bench and he brings on Pires?! They must just be sat there in utter disbelief. Wouldnt be surprised if the likes of Delph and Bannan want out of this shit come the end of the season.

That's perhaps the most worrying. If Houllier & the gang not only manages to **** up this season, but throws our general domination of the region overboard by forcing talents to find other futures, rendering us useless in many seasons to come.

Friedel - 6 - Not sure there was anything he could do about the first one and didn't see the second one but he wasn't blamed on the radio. Our number one goalkeeper and he's out of contract at the end of the season.

L. Young - 7 - I thought he did alright; he's our best left back by a mile and he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Collins - 5 - Big, strong, quick, thick. If we could find a really good organisor to play next to him he'd be good - we haven't got one.

Dunne - 5 - meh.

Walker - 7 - Our best player I thought, he and Downing looked dangerous down the right hand side all through the game. He'll be off at the end of the season too.

Petrov - 3 - He looks old. Older than he is, he's slow, he's lost any confidence in his mobility and today, particularly in the second half he was a liability.

Reo Coker - 6 - Solid enough and does what he does pretty well, but does he do enough? He didn't today.

A. Young - 5 - Our best player. Terrible today. He'll be off at the end of the year.

Downing - 7 - Very good today I thought, hopefully we'll be able to hang on to him.

Bent - 5 - When he doesn't score he can look awful - today was that day.

Agbonlahor - 6 - Effort without end product but good to see him start.

subs

Clark - 5 - Albion have good movement and a bit of pace, it showed why Clark still has much to learn.

Pires - 4 - I would imagine that our manager is quicker than him and would probably have been just as sensible a substitution - perhaps he should try that, he can't be any worse than this long haired has been and he can't manage a team to save his life.

Albrighton - "here's four minutes, go and rescue it lad" Cheers boss.

Warnock, Dunne, Pires, Ireland, Carew, Bradley, Heskey, Petrov, McAllister and Houllier all of you, just **** off in the summer will you - you're none of you good enough for this club.

That and both Youngs, Reo Coker an Friedel all buggering off in the summer leaves us well short - if we don't hold on to Downing too then we'll be left with a squad of about half a dozen players.

This is a big summer for us, we need a brand new club and today's performance shows how much we need to change.

The Albion did their job and beating ten men isn't easy, but I think the team that we learned most about today was ours.

Personally I would have prefered NRC to played on , but i think more importantly it was Clark who gave the match away. Cuellar might have made the difference but kowing the way we defend I'm not too sure.

Anyone notice how Collins always jump to defend set pieces but often jump at the position that even Crouch won't be able to reach for the ball?

I need beer

The Pires substitution was the correct one....

... just the wrong player. We needed to sacrifice a defensive midfielder for a more attack minded one. Delph perhaps. Bannan would have been perfect. Even bringing on Albrighton and putting Young or Downing "in the hole.

Pires was a "safe" choice compared to bringing on inexperience. It's what manager's who aren't good enough do.

Don't get me started on the defense. Never rated Collins. Dunne couldn't be arsed today. Cuellar would have been a better bet, though I can't blame Clark for anything.

After the Newcastle game I wrote on here that bringing on pires was a rubbish substitution and it nearly cost us the win only to get moaned at -"Didn't we win this game" etc. Well there today you once again can see why I don't want McAllister anywhere near this football club next season. One-nil up Dunne off, why not Cuellar on? Equaliser then never mind they are down to 10 men. And in effect when he put Pires on so were we - pathetic.

Oh and Jack Woodward's commentary today was dreadful. Before there equaliser he was talking about snooker. Big game again next weekend now and quite simply it shouldn't be - well only for Wigan.

Another **** weekend ruined. I hope no Villa fan tries to put some positive spin on this or tries to defend the management team after such a disgraceful and embarrassing defeat to 10 men.

Never mind the **** royal wedding, if Houllier and McAllister get the **** sack I will go to a street party.

Petrov - 3 - He looks old. Older than he is, he's slow, he's lost any confidence in his mobility and today, particularly in the second half he was a liability.

sorry pal but that is absolute nonsense. he broke the line countless times today and looked dangerous and drew the red card from scharner with some good movement. was infintely better than NRC. also might have had a couple of assists if Gabby didn't hide behind defenders when balls come into box.

Â