• A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Clark (for Dunne 51)
    • Pirès (for Reo-Coker 68)
    • Albrighton (for Petrov 86)

It's obvious we need a complete clear out in the summer..

This summer is our chance to evaluate things including the staff and really push on next season.. I don't think Houllier will be back so we may be looking for another manager too.. this summer I expect heavy activity.

Petrov - 3 - He looks old. Older than he is, he's slow, he's lost any confidence in his mobility and today, particularly in the second half he was a liability.

sorry pal but that is absolute nonsense. he broke the line countless times today and looked dangerous and drew the red card from scharner with some good movement. was infintely better than NRC. also might have had a couple of assists if Gabby didn't hide behind defenders when balls come into box.

I agree with OBE.

I also don't think that Petrov can be congratulated for getting Scharner sent off. All he did was recieved the ball and started to run. Even Pires could have done that.

Petrov - 3 - He looks old. Older than he is, he's slow, he's lost any confidence in his mobility and today, particularly in the second half he was a liability.

sorry pal but that is absolute nonsense. he broke the line countless times today and looked dangerous and drew the red card from scharner with some good movement. was infintely better than NRC. also might have had a couple of assists if Gabby didn't hide behind defenders when balls come into box.

He didn't/couldn't close people down, he was five yards off any opposition player, he gave the ball away constantly and took the momentum out of our attacking play because he can't run with the ball - on the two occasions he made good overlapping runs, the balls he played in were both appalling - his second half today was the worst I have ever seen from him.

You fail to mention the amount of times he gave the ball away in dangerous situations and the way Albion just breezed past him everytime they had an attack. Hes clearly past it and needs to be replaced.

He didn't/couldn't close people down, he was five yards off any opposition player, he gave the ball away constantly and took the momentum out of our attacking play because he can't run with the ball - on the two occasions he made good overlapping runs, the balls he played in were both appalling - his second half today was the worst I have ever seen from him.

Ohh and dont forget that ball in the box where he could have passed to anyone in the box but played it back to no one! 20-30 mins is all I would give Petrov now.

I'd argue that he very rarely closes people down anyway. He knows that if he gets too tight to opposing players he wont have the speed to cope if they try and run past him.

I can only remember him giving the ball away twice. There may have been more but it certainly wasn't a constant theme.

If that was his worst 45 mins in a villa shirt i don't think you were paying close enough attention to his displays in february and early march.

If we dont beat Wigan we are right back in the shit. Biggest game of our season so far by a mile. Just hope we dont bottle it like we normally do.

A draw will make us safe.

True, I just hope we don't try to play for one!

I wouldn't even give Petrov 20-30 minutes.. granted he has had one great game this season and people seem to be living off that game but sorry he is too slow, too inconsistent and we need better players who will do more with potentially cheaper wages I'd imagine.

He isn't good enough.. Alot of people were calling for Petrov + NRC together.. there is no creativity at all in that midfield.

If we dont beat Wigan we are right back in the shit. Biggest game of our season so far by a mile. Just hope we dont bottle it like we normally do.

A draw will make us safe.

True, I just hope we don't try to play for one!

They always seem to beat us at Villa park. They seem to be playing well in the last couple of weeks aswell.

Not looking forward to this game at all

Lets look at the cold hard facts here.

1. Our defence is a shambles, keep luke young, keep cuellar, keep clark, clear out the rest, dunne and collins both had a point to prove last year, this year they are coasting and it shows, both very average players and without any real motivation certainly not good enough for a premier league club who wants to trouble the top 6.

2. Our management team is a shambles - get rid of houllier and most certainly get rid of mcallister. Tactic sare horrible at the moment, defence always out of place, cant defend or do anything remotely positive from corners. Also can't remember the last time we scored from a through ball, has there been one this season? Honestly the last one i can remember was when maloney scored against chelsea in that 4 - 4 draw, im probably exagerating big time here but they are so rare!

3. Get anything against Wigan and we are safe. Awful season, lets just put it past us and move on, hopefully next season will mean a new outlook. If Houllier stays in charge we have a load of obscure french players to look forward to.

its not that we lost its that once again we were absolutely **** dire

just like wolves, passed us off the park

They didn't pass us off the park. Even their goals were lucky. It was the sheer almost arrogance and naivety in our play that we gave them those chances that is so disgraceful.

I agree with 99% of what has been said today and yes we were dire, the whole team needs a good shake up. Pires played ok from what i saw off the match and should have taken his chances at shooting, where as Ashley should never take a free kick or corner for Villa again, the guy is a waste of space for me. I would rate MOTM as non of the above. Let's hope we can at least beat Wigan and perhaps a draw against the Pool them we can look forward to a good clear-out in the summer and try for a top 6 next season preferably under a new managment.

same problems as the last few seasons - when teams sit back and make us break them down we have no idea what so ever. This was a carbon copy of the blackburn away game last season. manage to lose to ten men!

too many of our players are too slow in terms of football brain. smashing it aimlessly forward when we need to build slowly, yet when they need to pass or cross it they dither and allow defenders to block it. petrov was great in between both 18 yard boxes, did great to get in behind the defence twice, and then waited too long to get the ball across. we had a lot of the ball with the extra man, yet what did we do with. did we move it around quickly, dragging WBA players out of position? no, everyone stood there playing simple square passes until we got bored and punted an aimless ball into the box. west brom players could easily deal with it. the only villa players who show any sort of movement are bent, downing and walker.

defence was rubbish yet again. we had enough warning with players getting in behind in the first half. dopey dunne and that clown collins are woeful positionally. they both go for the same ball and leave the free man to run in behind. dunno what collins was doing for their goals, and clark didnt cover himself in glory either.

and mulumbu showed what having a centre mid with any sort of attacking idea can do. a great shot saved by freidal in the 1st half, and the winning goal in the 2nd. going forward having petrov and nrc effectively leaves us a man down. neither of them provide any goal threat whatsoever. you could probably count on 1 hand the amount of goals they have scored in their villa careers, and you wouldnt need many more fingers to count the assists they have provided. and they were not exactly providing much defensively today either, wba players had far too much room to play through balls and make all those little flicks they were in the first half.

the standard of passing, crossing and shooting was yet again poor, we must be the worst team in the league at providing a decent final ball. the amount of good chances we mess up is unbelievable. hopefully we wont be seeing a lot of these players again in a villa shirt. and hopeully gary mac has coached himself out of a role here. you got delph on the bench and you bring on pires!

Â