• A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Clark (for Dunne 51)
    • Pirès (for Reo-Coker 68)
    • Albrighton (for Petrov 86)

The Baggies lose a man, so we stick Pires on to even it up?

Great stuff, hope its buy a player get one free this summer - some serious deadwood needed to be shipped out.

Pires, Collins & Petrov can't go fast enough IMO.

Ash Young to United? ha , wouldn't be good enough for their bench.

Wake me up in August when i can finally forget about this nitemare of a season.

Downing - 6

L.Young - 6

Walker - 5.5

Rest - all 4

Didn't actually get to see the game, obviously frustrating we lost but it's a lot nicer losing when you know you are basically safe rather than being in the shit!

Made me feel less gutted.

No comments on the actual game except, terrible, terrible subs,

Cuellar > Clark

Majority > Pires

If we lose against Wigan I can see us being in trouble again. This season just seems to be full of coincedences that will eventually lead to the unthinkable.

1) Silly points dropped very, very, very late in games. i.e Stoke & Fulham to name just two.

2) Failing to get anything against teams with 10 men. i.e Today and Spurs at Home.

3) Just when things pick up GH has a massive medical scare and is out for the rest of the season meaning that useless **** McAllister is in charge.

I have no hope for our last 2 games so we have to get a point next week or else I think we could be ****.

My take on things:

When we lose there are some serious reality distortion fields that come into play on here. I'll just respond to a few.

1. Pires was very good when he came on. It was a good decision to bring him on because he was a better player to make use of the man advantage than NRC was. He would keep and use the ball more intelligently and we played some nice possession football to try and break them down after they inevitably parked the bus. All this immobile crap is also getting on my nerves too. There was a part where Mulumbu managed to get free with the ball, Pires was quicker than him and kept up with Luke Young and Ciaran Clark.

2. The reason we conceded both goals was down to a) Collins and B) Collins. We just did the standard thing of being complacent near the end when we were chasing the final goal and gift it to them instead.

My scores:

Friedel: 8) Good save once, did well against their 2 corners. Didn't have a lot else to do.

Walker: 7) Very good. Got well forward but didn't have a lot to think about at the back.

Collins: 3) Stupid decisions on the 1st and 2nd goals cost us.

Dunne: 5) Didn't have time to do a lot wrong.

Young: 6) Solid .

Downing: 7) Would have got an 8 had 1 of those shots crept in.

NRC: 6) Not bad. Caught in possession a bit too much. Passing much better than before.

Petrov: 7) Heart of the midfield. Caused them a lot of trouble.

Young: 5) Too scared to take people on, too scared to carry it into the box, can't take dead balls. What's happened?

Gabby: 5) Not a game for Gabby. Needed 4-5-1 without him in. Too similar to Bent I think.

Bent: 5) Missed a couple of easy chances IIRC.

Clark: 6) Very composed on the ball. Didn't see he did a lot wrong.

Pires: 7) Had we won he would have answered his critics. The exact same performance in loss and suddenly it's his fault.

Albrighton: not enough time to do anything.

its not that we lost its that once again we were absolutely **** dire

just like wolves, passed us off the park

They didn't pass us off the park. Even their goals were lucky. It was the sheer almost arrogance and naivety in our play that we gave them those chances that is so disgraceful.

i think they did, not in terms of possession but once again you look at the passes strung together, 4/5 passes cutting us open, main example velas chance and IMO you have to say villa cant do that

we can get it wide and whip it in (today our crossingw as dire though) we can run at people we can even lump it in, ask us to throw in a traingle though or a half decent through the middle through ball? we are absolutely **** clueless

in terms of through the middle cutting teams open id say we are easily one of if not the worst team in the league

Just got back from the game. Still can't believe we've **** lost!!! Gary McAllister is clueless! Petrov and Reo Coker bossed the midfield today. Petrov was knackered and West Brom were down to 10 men so what does he do, brings on Pires and takes Reo Coker off! I couldn't believe it. Then when the baggies scored he finally brings Petrov off but puts Albrighton on meaning we had no centre midfielders. Downing who once again was our best player somehow ended up playing centre mid for the last 5 mins! Absolutely shocking decision making from McAllister! We were fairly comfortable at the back until Dunne went off. Yet again we defend set pieces like 8 year olds in a school playground and the inevitable happened with the equaliser! Clark is overrated! I know alot on here rate him highly but I don't! He's too weak for a centre half. Collins, just one **** up after another this season! What the **** was he doing for West Brom's 2nd goal. How on earth Cuellar isn't playing week in week out I'll never know!

With other teams below us picking up points it makes next weeks home game against Wigan MASSIVE! We should have had all relegation fears out of the way by now but once again we **** up and the survival doubt will definitely be back if we fail to win next week! I wouldn't want us to be going into the Arsenal and Liverpool games still needing points to be certain of survival. This season just gets worse and worse, I can't **** wait until it's over. BIG changes needed in the summer, both on and off the pitch!

I was sat in the west brom exec seats today in the east stand.... Great hospitality all round apart from the shower of claret and blue shit I was watching.... Seriously, what game was McAllister watching to bring on Pires for Reo.... And I seriously hope I never see Ashley Young wear a Villa shirt ever again....

Absolutely disgraceful performance

Just got back.

Big mention to our lads again, sang throughout. Terrific atmosphere. Out-sung them all game until they grabbed the winner. Deserved alot better for paying £42.

Can't say much on the game apart from why is it the same old scenario? We take the lead, have numerous chances to put the game to bed but don't. We passed at it around there box time after time put couldn't get any further. Killed possession and they even have a bloke sent off with what - 30 minutes to play? Very dissapointed, same old faces letting the side down. Petrov a big mention. Didn't understand the formation or tactical decision today, saw alot of players drifting everywhere. Substitutions were late and pointless - as per usual.

I know it's silly to mention but mathematically we could still go down. Looking at the final 3 games; Wigan - Always seem to get something at VP; Arsenal away; Liverpool - Starting to revive themselves a bit after a dull season. It's going to be an interesting conclusion to say the least!

No MOTM for me, nobody stood out.

It's got to the point where I don't give a flying **** whether we stay up or go down. I just want rid of Houllier and McAllister as they are the biggest **** up appointments in a long time. A bloke who has been out of the game for too long and a bloke who couldn't even hack it in league one.

I see no bright future whilst these pair of pricks are running the team.

My nightmare scenario edges ever closer! Namely we have to get something out of the last two games. Beat Wigan and it does not matter but that's easy to say but the way we piss points away anything could happen.

Yet again we failed to get anything from a game we dominated and could and should have won. Were the very worst to happen you could pin it down to 2-3 games were we **** up, this being one of them.

I have little or no faith in the management team and although its a shitty thing to say GH's illness will almost certainly force a change of manager which has to be the right decision for the club. Despite what the club says I can't believe they think we are going to get anywhere retaining GH and GMac.

GMac made some very poor tactical decisions today. Clark for Dunne when it should have been Cuellar. NRC for Pires when it should have been Petrov for Delph or Bannan. And what was Albrighton supposed to do in 4 minutes of normal time?

GMac was outsmarted by a better manager today and as usual the result was aided and abetted by some piss poor individual performance from players who frankly should know better.

This season has been a shambles from start to finish and I blame the club for it starting with letting the MON situation fester so he can royally **** us over five days before the season started.

Randy Lerner has to be the blindest prick on the planet if he can't see that Houllier and McAllister are a pair of clueless useless **** rocket polishers and we will get nowhere with them in charge. They must be the most hated management team to have ever been appointed at VP.

Randy Lerner has to be the blindest prick on the planet if he can't see that Houllier and McAllister are a pair of clueless useless **** rocket polishers and we will get nowhere with them in charge. They must be the most hated management team to have ever been appointed at VP.

Why is Randy a prick?

A little disrespectful and childish imo.

Was in the Albion end today which made it even more painful to watch, as I was unable to shout "WHAT THE F***!" when McAllister brought on Pires for somebody absolutely dominating the midfield. Was pretty horrible at the end when loads of sweaty Yam Yams were going utterly mental including my mate.

In terms of the actual game, neither team deserved to win, but we just looked utterly devoid of creation and when we did get into promising positions, the final ball was absolute shocking. How many times did Petrov/Young/Downing/Walker/Gabby get to the byline with a simple pass to pick out and it get intercepted?! How many times did that happen!!!!! At least six.

McAllister had no idea at the end what to do as they were just getting men behind the ball and not diving in - easy to hold on when the only tactic being used is hump it up long to Gabby. Taking off Reo-Coker was utterly suicidal.

All three goals were incredibly lucky, don't think either side could complain at a 0-0.

Those of you who were making rocket polisher gestures in the Villa end to Ashley Young when he applauded should be ashamed - don't abuse your own players that way.

Why is Randy a prick?

A little disrespectful and childish imo.

Read the post correctly. I didn't say he was a prick. Certain conditions have to be met first.

Â