• A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Clark (for Dunne 51)
    • Pirès (for Reo-Coker 68)
    • Albrighton (for Petrov 86)

Also saw Bannan on the way back to the tram station: looked very fed up, how he isn't ahead of Pires in the pecking order not even god knows.

Perhaps it's because Pires speaks French. Can't think of any other reason why he is at VP.

Those of you who were making rocket polisher gestures in the Villa end to Ashley Young when he applauded should be ashamed - don't abuse your own players that way.

What a disgrace some of our fans are. Guess they'll be calling themselves "real" fans as they go to away matches but that doesn't stop them being complete and utter d!cks.

And why is Pires getting the blame? We were shiit all over regardless of who came on this wasn't going to change much. Blame MON if anyone for leaving us with a team that can't play football.

Those of you who were making rocket polisher gestures in the Villa end to Ashley Young when he applauded should be ashamed - don't abuse your own players that way.

What a disgrace some of our fans are. Guess they'll be calling themselves "real" fans as they go to away matches but that doesn't stop them being complete and utter d!cks.

And why is Pires getting the blame? We were shiit all over regardless of who came on this wasn't going to change much. Blame MON if anyone for leaving us with a team that can't play football.

One of the best quotes ever heard on here and so true!

Stated before the game that i thought Obenwingie would score, we would need to score twice to get anything from the match and that we would probably lose!

Didn't really need a crystal ball for all that did i.

We are at the moment a complete shambles on and off the pitch!

I've been rattling on here for some time now that we are a poor side and today's performance should leave no-one in any doubt whatsoever major, major surgery is needed in the summer!

For that we will need a fit gifted manager who will have talented back room staff and a chairman who will yet again have to dig really deep into his pockets to fund a complete squad rebuild!

Who would we keep? I'd build our new squad around Bent, Downing, Delph, Albrighton and Clark. The rest should be moved on and we should take whatever we can get for them.

Over to you Mr Chairman.

I'm the only one that thought we deserved to win then?

We didn't deserve to win, but I don't think we deserved to lose either.

They got two very lucky breaks (as did we for our goal admittedly) but the amount of times we gave them the ball to clear when we were in very threatening positions on the byline was infuriating.

One of the best quotes ever heard on here and so true!

Fair play to those loyal fans as Young is the biggest cock and w*nker in the team so **** him! reality check for the prick!

Some of our fans are an absolute disgrace to this football club, and I'm NOT talking about the one's being mentioned a bit up from this post.

Villa's support today was, well, phenomenal. The only way to describe it. The best away atmosphere I can recall in years. We didn't stop singing - and when I mean singing I mean the whole end - for pretty much the entire game. An absolute credit to this football club.

And yet - in eight **** pages of this thread - only ONE poster has made reference to them? And we now have plenty of fans quick to condemn a few who might have made gestures at the end of the game having been humiliated on our travels once again this season. Get a **** grip eh! Those fans there today are the heart of this football club and if the 11 players on the field showed half as much desire then we'd have smashed Albion to pieces today, as they are a very mediocre side.

As for the game, we completely dominated large parts and our midfield of Petrov and NRC controlled the game from the middle. Downing and Walker also destroyed Shorey at left-back and, but for the final ball, we would have created many more chances. In the first half in particular, but also for periods of the second, we showed real fight and commitment despite what some of you on here would have you believe.

But today's result quite simply must lie at the door of the management staff. It was a really high-tempo derby game - which Petrov and NRC had dominated but Petrov in particular was clearly tiring in the sun. So what do we do? Bring Pires on. The crowds reaction of boo's told its own story. A completely non-sensical substitution in a high tempo, local affair which quite obviously handed some incentive back to a 10-man Albion side. The poster trying to claim he was one of our best players is as deluded as Gary Mac, quite simply. Delph, Bannan or Makoun would have clearly been the logical choices.

Ashley Young really can **** off now. Man United want him? Why? Do they need a new cheerleader? I've never been his biggest fan and today he yet again showed why O'Neill labelling him world-class was nothing short of laughable. For all the good things he does for Villa, he does ten really awful things in between. He's the worst taker of a set-piece I have ever seen and ever likely to see.

FAR too many times this season has our away support in particular been served up an absolute shower of shite. We've had long-standing records against Wolves and Albion destroyed and Blues beat us to go on and win a trophy - the same trophy we failed to win last year. Has this been the worst Villa season in living memory? Certainly in my 22 years as a Villa fan I'd say, yes.

We were practically parked on the Albion box for much of the second half and at times played some great stuff, which had me turning to my brother saying "how are we in a relegation battle?" - but then the decisions from the management staff, individual errors and a complete lack of bottle in the last quarter of the game has cost us YET again.

I really hope Houllier makes a full recovery - but then he or the club should do the right thing and part company. I do not want to suffer the same anguish again next season that we've had to put up with this season. I really should be immune to last minute winners from the opposition by now but each one still hurts just as much.

And - as already mentioned - the people running this club have once again taken the shine away from our magnificent support today. Proud to be Villa in that regard.

Some of our fans are an absolute disgrace to this football club, and I'm NOT talking about the one's being mentioned a bit up from this post.

Villa's support today was, well, phenomenal. The only way to describe it. The best away atmosphere I can recall in years. We didn't stop singing - and when I mean singing I mean the whole end - for pretty much the entire game. An absolute credit to this football club.

And yet - in eight **** pages of this thread - only ONE poster has made reference to them? And we now have plenty of fans quick to condemn a few who might have made gestures at the end of the game having been humiliated on our travels once again this season. Get a **** grip eh! Those fans there today are the heart of this football club and if the 11 players on the field showed half as much desire then we'd have smashed Albion to pieces today, as they are a very mediocre side.

As for the game, we completely dominated large parts and our midfield of Petrov and NRC controlled the game from the middle. Downing and Walker also destroyed Shorey at left-back and, but for the final ball, we would have created many more chances. In the first half in particular, but also for periods of the second, we showed real fight and commitment despite what some of you on here would have you believe.

But today's result quite simply must lie at the door of the management staff. It was a really high-tempo derby game - which Petrov and NRC had dominated but Petrov in particular was clearly tiring in the sun. So what do we do? Bring Pires on. The crowds reaction of boo's told its own story. A completely non-sensical substitution in a high tempo, local affair which quite obviously handed some incentive back to a 10-man Albion side. The poster trying to claim he was one of our best players is as deluded as Gary Mac, quite simply. Delph, Bannan or Makoun would have clearly been the logical choices.

Ashley Young really can **** off now. Man United want him? Why? Do they need a new cheerleader? I've never been his biggest fan and today he yet again showed why O'Neill labelling him world-class was nothing short of laughable. For all the good things he does for Villa, he does ten really awful things in between. He's the worst taker of a set-piece I have ever seen and ever likely to see.

FAR too many times this season has our away support in particular been served up an absolute shower of shite. We've had long-standing records against Wolves and Albion destroyed and Blues beat us to go on and win a trophy - the same trophy we failed to win last year. Has this been the worst Villa season in living memory? Certainly in my 22 years as a Villa fan I'd say, yes.

We were practically parked on the Albion box for much of the second half and at times played some great stuff, which had me turning to my brother saying "how are we in a relegation battle?" - but then the decisions from the management staff, individual errors and a complete lack of bottle in the last quarter of the game has cost us YET again.

I really hope Houllier makes a full recovery - but then he or the club should do the right thing and part company. I do not want to suffer the same anguish again next season that we've had to put up with this season. I really should be immune to last minute winners from the opposition by now but each one still hurts just as much.

And - as already mentioned - the people running this club have once again taken the shine away from our magnificent support today. Proud to be Villa in that regard.

I find myself in 100% agreement with you again, sir. Top post.

I find myself in 100% agreement with you again, sir. Top post.

The atmosphere was great for about sixty minutes... then they equalised so it went quiet... then they had a man sent-off so it got better again... then they scored so it went dead again. Pretty much how I recall it. Villa were loud when they sang, but it was hardly miles better than a typical tight derby IMO. But yes, Villa fans are in general quality away (except for that "We're Aston Villa, we do what we want" chant, which is embarrassing), but when things get sour they really do get sour, as summed up by those morons at the end. No excuse for that.

I think you'll find within 30 seconds of them equalising the whole Villa end was once again singing "Villa, Villa, Villa!" - but I don't suppose you heard that sitting in the Baggies end. So no, it did not go "quiet" or "dead" until after they scored the winner on 84. I make that, taking into account before the game, well over 90 minutes of unbelievable support. And all you can do is talk about a few fans who should be "ashamed" for making heat-of-the-moment gestures? Give me a **** break.

Having been to many a good atmosphere at away games today was clearly something else. Fantastic Villa!

I think you'll find within 30 seconds of them equalising the whole Villa end was once again singing "Villa, Villa, Villa!" - but I don't suppose you heard that sitting in the Baggies end. So no, it did not go "quiet" or "dead" until after they scored the winner on 84. I make that, taking into account before the game, well over 90 minutes of unbelievable support. And all you can do is talk about a few fans who should be "ashamed" for making heat-of-the-moment gestures? Give me a **** break.

Having been to many a good atmosphere at away games today was clearly something else. Fantastic Villa!

Pretty sure I mentioned that our fans are quality in general away, and for the most part today was no exception. There were simply times at 0-0 when neither side were singing. I'm not looking to insult the fans of the team I support, why on earth would I? I'm just providing a balanced view.

Please stop getting so uptight about somebody bringing up the gestures just because it may slightly intrude your perfect picture, it is heat-of-the-moment maybe, but it's still a bit embarrassing, even if you don't like Young.

Pretty sure I mentioned that our fans are quality in general away, and for the most part today was no exception. There were simply times at 0-0 when neither side were singing. I'm not looking to insult the fans of the team I support, why on earth would I? I'm just providing a balanced view.

Please stop getting so uptight about somebody bringing up the gestures just because it may slightly intrude your perfect picture, it is heat-of-the-moment maybe, but it's still a bit embarrassing, even if you don't like Young.

Yeah, while we're at it, why don't we mention the boo's when Pires came on? Pathetic support.

Connotations of booing a substitute is displaying displeasure at the coach's decision - United have booed Fergie's subs before. Has no reflection on the support for the player, even if we all know he's shit. We both know that I'm sure.

Â