dudevillaisnice

I'd be interested in the age profile of Villa fans who don't like Everton, as I see it as something that has sprung out of our perceived rivalry of the last few years.

I can't see that there is anything to dislike about them, cracking club, smashing ground, great traditions and vocal but grounded supporters.

Clubs like Everton and the Villa are the future of football in this country.

Im 32 and have a big dislike for Everton, following an away day in the early 90s where we fielded alot of black players i herd alot of racist abuse and its always stuck with me. I dont mind any of there team or even there manager (even when he acts like an idiot, like after our home game last season). These things stick with you, i doubt i will every really like Everton because of it.

Don't mind Everton at all but was a bit jealous of them when they finished 4th a few years ago with a bog standard team. Respect the job Moyes has done there on a restricted budget to the likes of ourselves and Spurs.

Similar club to ourselves in many ways, last won a trophy in the mid 90s, had great success in the 80s, similar support levels and also have the feeling of just when you think they've cracked it they haven't.

I take it all these people that don't like Everton because "their fans whinge" hate every club in the football league including Villa.

ITS. WHAT. FANS. DO.

They just seem to do it more during games for absolutely nothing. It's not just 'picking on Everton', it's been really obvious whenever i've watched them compared to other teams.

The tabloids reckon that Jack Rodwell is a transfer target for Man Utd and Chelsea. They got a ridiculous fee for Warf, so I doubt they're desperate for the money and he is an Everton lad. Having said that, you get the feeling that if one of the big teams really wanted him (like Citeh wanted Lescott) then they would sell.

Would be a shame, but I think eventually he will end up at a top 4 club.

The tabloids reckon that Jack Rodwell is a transfer target for Man Utd and Chelsea. They got a ridiculous fee for Warf, so I doubt they're desperate for the money and he is an Everton lad. Having said that, you get the feeling that if one of the big teams really wanted him (like Citeh wanted Lescott) then they would sell.

Would be a shame, but I think eventually he will end up at a top 4 club.

It's a matter of when he ends up there rather than if, in my opinion.

He's Everton through and through, and is a fantastic talent, but he's been coveted since he was 13/14 by these clubs, as well as others and offered all sorts, but he stayed. Anyway, we've supposedly turned down an opening offer (to test the waters I guess) of £14million off Chelsea.

He's going to be an excellent player, but he needs a break just now cos he has played too much lately through necessity. Can go as far as he wants though, in my opinion.

I've seen zero from Jack Rodwell to suggest a top 4 club would be interested in him... I even ask myself how he gets in the Everton team. Delph > Rodwell.

:|

Well, I've seen quite a bit of him, first saw him when he was 14, and he is a very talented lad, hence why he was in the u21 squad in the summer, 2nd youngest player in the tournament...

You want to see how highly regarded he is, just go on a Everton forum, see what they say about the speculation.

Well, big rumour that someone is going to have to retire with a knee injury, seems to be Victor Anichebe, gutted for the lad. Horrendous, reckless from tackle from Kevin Nolan seems to have cost him his career :|

who was the other youngster that came through after you sold Rooney that was going to be even better than Shrek ?

was it Vaughan or Osman ?

and would you say that they lived up to that billing ?

or are Everton fans guilty like some villa fans were with the Moore brothers etc in just wanting to believe .....

I'd be interested in the age profile of Villa fans who don't like Everton, as I see it as something that has sprung out of our perceived rivalry of the last few years.

I can't see that there is anything to dislike about them, cracking club, smashing ground, great traditions and vocal but grounded supporters.

Clubs like Everton and the Villa are the future of football in this country.

We might respect them (well some Villa fans at least) but overall I'd say the feeling is far from mutual. Two of my closest mates are Evertonians, and I'd always felt there was a connection there between ourselves, Everton and Tottenham.

But conversely, whereas plenty of Villa fans seem to dislike Tottenham and respect Everton, Tottenham fans quite like us, whereas Everton fans often come across as bitter and twisted. I'd noticed this even before the events of last year, but some of the comments after the 3-2 up there were disgraceful re breaking Ashleys legs, and they seemed to revel in our eventual demise towards the end of the campaign.

In contrast, the general theme from Tottenham fans I meet is if they can't make 4th, they hope Villa can.

who was the other youngster that came through after you sold Rooney that was going to be even better than Shrek ?

was it Vaughan or Osman ?

and would you say that they lived up to that billing ?

or are Everton fans guilty like some villa fans were with the Moore brothers etc in just wanting to believe .....

I don't believe any true Evertonian was ever hyping anyone up over any of our strikers being "better than Rooney". If they were, they were just being totally bitter about the whole Rooney situation, and inevitably the media compare every single striker we bring through to Rooney. I'm guessing it was Vaughan cos he took Rooney's youngest goalscorer for us record though. He's talented enough but Rooney is one of a kind and injuries have put Vaughan's progress back by like 3 or 4 years.

If it's true about Anichebe, I am sad, because even though I've never really rated him, he showed signs of improvement in the month or so before his injury, and showed why he was being kept in and around the first team. No matter what you think about them, noones career should be curtailed through a bad tackle at the age of 21.

Everton need major investment now. They can't progress any further under the current board.

That was said last year and we got to a cup final and within with a real chance of winning something, progression, no?

I do agree though, by the way :lol:

Well, big rumour that someone is going to have to retire with a knee injury, seems to be Victor Anichebe, gutted for the lad. Horrendous, reckless from tackle from Kevin Nolan seems to have cost him his career :|

Shocking. Hope it's not true.

I remember going to Everton vs WBA last game of the season a couple years back. You were 2-0 down and Anichebe came on and turned an inevitable defeat into a 2-2 draw.

Ended up going home telling everyone to remember this kids name!

Â