dudevillaisnice

Heskey jumped a lot higher and earlier than Heitinga who was running in, Heskey's elbow caught him on the top of the head as he was coming down, painful no doubt, but I pretty sure there was no intent.

Yes, it was no elbow, in fact it wasn't even a foul

AG your wrong about what Bilywhatsisface got sent off for, from where I was stood it was a straight red, its was a two footed lunge that made contact, it was dangerous play and they are always a sending off if called correctly which this was. I guarantee you wont be appealing that decision, it was a two footed leg breaker. Cahills booking was borderline, he took a bit of Young but it was an honest challenge, he was attempting to get the ball not the man, he just missed.

I've saw it though, his right foot is on the floor, and follows through to catch him, his left foot is off the floor and he makes a bit of contact but he gets the ball as well, I've watched it over and over, slowed it down, paused it, everythin'. I think it's Billy's right foot, the one following through, that does the damage to Petrov's foot/ankle.

Heskey jumped a lot higher and earlier than Heitinga who was running in, Heskey's elbow caught him on the top of the head as he was coming down, painful no doubt, but I pretty sure there was no intent.

AG, when you see the replay of the Bily tackle I think you'll see why he went.

I've seen it, numerous times. I know I'll probs get loads of abuse about being biased and stuff I think it was yellow at best, thats just my opinion.

I know why the ref gave it though, from the angle he had it looked 2 footed. I even asked the opinion of some neutrals (Reds & Chelsea) who said the same.

AG, ignore the patronising comments.

However, you're wrong about the sending off, and I know for a fact MON is furious about it. He may not have meant it, but he went in 2 footed, and hurt Stan. You just can't do that in today's game. Just hope Petrov will be okay for Wednesday.

EDIT: I see you have seen it. I haven't, I will make my own decision on it when I see it on MOTD.

I think it's the height of it as well, he's gone over the ball. For me it's a potential leg breaker.

Your manager saw it as a red card.

I think everyone has their own opinions of it though, Matt Le Tissier said it was a yellow at best...

He gets the ball too, I'm sure of it...

I've only seen it a couple of times AG and I'd agree, I don't think it's deliberately two footed, but I do think it's deliberately high and very dangerous.

It's the foot that he leads with, not sure which one it was that does the damage, it goes over the height of the ball and catches Petrov quite high on his leg.

AG, I'm interested in your sig. What do you guys make of Billywatshisname, so far? He didn't really stand out today despite the goal, but considering he is still settling into the club and the league, there could be a lot more to come from him.

I've only seen it a couple of times AG and I'd agree, I don't think it's deliberately two footed, but I do think it's deliberately high and very dangerous.

It's the foot that he leads with, not sure which one it was that does the damage, it goes over the height of the ball and catches Petrov quite high on his leg.

It was high because he was trying to win a bouncing ball. Dangerous though...yes, tackles like that always are.

I've just watched it again, paused it on the moment his left foot makes contact, seems to catch him just on the ankle sort of area, as he makes contact with the ball too (like his toe hits the ball as his heel bit of his foot hits Petrov's ankle). I still don't think it was a straight red card, just my opinion, if you watch his right foot is not level with his left, it is behind and on the floor and follows through, Petrov goes over the outstretched leg that originally caught him.

I'm sorry if you are all going to hate on me, but I'm just saying it how I see it, as I will when I see Cuellar's 2nd yellow, which I can't comment on because I only saw it live and in real time.

I think it's the height of it as well, he's gone over the ball. For me it's a potential leg breaker.

I think everyone has their own opinions of it though, Matt Le Tissier said it was a yellow at best...

Matt le Tissier makes Phil Thompson look intelligent

AG, I'm interested in your sig. What do you guys make of Billywatshisname, so far? He didn't really stand out today despite the goal, but considering he is still settling into the club and the league, there could be a lot more to come from him.

I thought he did alright :? Did a lot of good defensive work in the first half too.

Reminds me a lot of Arteta when we first signed him. Think it will take him a good 6 months to a year to get really up to speed with things but he has a lot of potential and a sweet left foot, technically he is very good.

He also said Cuellar should not have been a second yellow, at all. Suppose he got that wrong too? :winkold:

I thought he did alright :? Did a lot of good defensive work in the first half too.

Reminds me a lot of Arteta when we first signed him. Think it will take him a good 6 months to a year to get really up to speed with things but he has a lot of potential and a sweet left foot, technically he is very good.

I didn't say he did badly! I think the comparison with Arteta is a fair one. If he becomes half the player Arteta is, you'll have a good player on your hands.

I think there is alot more to come from Everton this season. Yakubu hasn't really got into his stride yet, and he's a cracking player. When your other injured players return you'll climb up the league, no doubt. The worry is that you lose too much ground on the other top4 'pretenders' in the meantime.

He also said Cuellar should not have been a second yellow, at all. Suppose he got that wrong too? :winkold:

Yes, he was wrong, Cuellar should have gone, no question about it.

The handball thing is getting a bit old now, even my dad asked why you kept saying it when he was watching the stream!

Not impressed with the booing of Petrov at all. I wouldn't mind if it looked like he was faking it in order to get somebody off, but that was an awful tackle from Bilywhatshisname, a straight red.

As for Heskey, it shouldn't have even been a free-kick, he jumped higher and practically landed on Heitinga because for some reason he went to stand nearly under him when Heskey jumped. :|

You think Cuellar's tackle late on in the game that lead to his second-booking was deserved? I personally don't think MR. Probe (despite being a crap ref) would of dished out a second yellow to Cuellar if Bilyatdenetonov was not sent off for his assault on Petrov and the Scousers getting hasty encouraging the referee to send Cuellar off. MR.Probe sent off Cuellar because he was influenced by the Everton fans and what had happened before with Bilyatdentonov - not the actual tackle.

Yes, he was wrong, Cuellar should have gone, no question about it.

The handball thing is getting a bit old now, even my dad asked why you kept saying it when he was watching the stream!

Not impressed with the booing of Petrov at all. I wouldn't mind if it looked like he was faking it in order to get somebody off, but that was an awful tackle from Bilywhatshisname, a straight red.

As for Heskey, it shouldn't have even been a free-kick, he jumped higher and practically landed on Heitinga because for some reason he went to stand nearly under him when Heskey jumped. :|

It was irony Kurt :P

Honest to god, I heard one shout from my seat and that was the one given by the ref, Ashley Young, he never even complained.

You wanna know why the booing? Because after the challenge, Petrov got straight back up to his feet, then suddenly collapsed in a heap on the floor...

Still don't agree it was an awful challenge, seen it a lot now, and still don;t think it was a red.

I never saw the challenge by Heskey, I was having a good old gab about something and turned around to see Heitinga flat out, just asked cos some guys said he elbowed him, never saw it meself.

Â