dudevillaisnice

One good season doesn't make him a good manager, one bad one doesn't make him a bad one. I also think its unfair to judge him on what he did a little club like Wigan, afterall he brought them there greatest ever moment. Its winning trophies that counts at the end of the day. The team are still in the europa league and they won't go down. If they win the europa league and stay up thats a successful season. and they will be in the champions league next season. I wish we had their problems. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

For me its being in the europa league, lets be honest they have been briliant thus far in that. 4-1 and 2-0 against the second best side in Germany, but it has put extra pressure on an ageing squad and they have struggled in a variety of positions. Barkley second season syndrome, Barry has got old very quickly, Baines and Coleman have not been the dynamic fullbacks they were last season. Lukaku is not having as bad a season as people make out. 15 goals this season. 

If the Europa League is the main reason, why are Spurs twenty-odd points ahead of them when Everton finished above them last season?

Spurs have the Europa League as well.

Spurs have been in the europa league for years and years, they're well used to it. First half of the season they had some poor results on Sundays although think that was more them getting used to Poch's philosophy. 

Europa league does have an effect on teams not used to it....IMO the only reason Swansea were near the relegation zone last season was because of europa...this season no europe and they're back in the top half. Stoke struggled a bit more than usual when they were in it a few years ago.

However I don't actually buy it with Everton. If you look at their form this season their best premier league run came in October-November when they started by beating us 3-0, then winning at Burnley and then 4 points from West Ham and Swansea so that was 10 points from 4 games in a period where I'd imagine there were a few europa games.

They were dismal over the xmas period and there was no europe then.

Everton have probably been in it more times than Spurs in last 10 years

• 1 month later...

I like Everton as we are similar clubs with similar paths when had MON and Moyes in charge of both

though I cant stand Martinez, the most overrated manager in football ho cant organise a defence to save his life. Today being a perfect example

Anybody else see the Everton fan in the upper Doug with blue speedo's holding a sign?!?! Couldn't read it from where I was sitting

Yeah I saw him!! Was in the upper holte so couldn't read the sign. I thought he was holding up a scarf

Everton have probably been in it more times than Spurs in last 10 years

Far from it, this was Everton's first season in Europa out of the past 5 seasons. Spurs have been in Europa League and that one Champions League campaign every season in the same 5 years.

It's more or less even in the 5 seasons before that as well.

I like Everton as we are similar clubs with similar paths when had MON and Moyes in charge of both

though I cant stand Martinez, the most overrated manager in football ho cant organise a defence to save his life. Today being a perfect example

not having a dig just curious. What managers do you like? Dont think ive seen you say a positive thing about one since i joined  :P

Edited by gharperr

I still think his size and shape deceives people as to what type of player he is, he's a proper no 9 IMO all about movement and sharpness in the box, of you're comparing him to benteke then he will look shit but back to goal, holding the ball up, that's not his game, his 1st touch is nowhere near good enough for it for a start

He is just a big, lazy **** with all the technical attributes of Heskey after 8 pints.

What's 8pints got to do with anything? I know he doesn't post as much as he used to, but leave the lad alone! 

• Like 1

Â