dudevillaisnice

He scored a great goal against Palace I think but he hasn't been the same player yet this season. From what I gather Baines and Coleman aren't getting forward like last season.  A bit like Benteke, Lukaku isn't getting the same service this season. 

If your bored and fancy a laugh i suggest reading the delusional ramblings from Everton fans

We should be sitting above the like of Soton and West Ham given our squad and we are Everton.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/should-martinez-be-sacked-post-hull-poll.72209/
To be fair, I get similar laughs in the VT section.. 'our great club' etc etc.

We stopped all that bollocks a few years ago. I've not seen a phrase like that used by a Villa fan in a long time, it's only the odd neutral who refers to us in such a way.

Everton fans are an odd breed. Scousers generally are an odd breed. Very self important, I've never really liked them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That squad is way to good to go down, the trouble is its old, lukaku may well have been a marquee signing but they needed to freshen up the defence before spending the thick end of £30million on one player.

Do find their booing the team a tad fickle though, it's there worse run of form for 10+ years and they arguably punched above their weight last season.

The game changed with the missed penalty really. Why Baines who has a great record didn't take it was madness. I got to say though I didn't like Pulli's tactics of parking the bus for 90 minutes and playing your goalscorer as a virtual left back is just so negative. 

Isn't their worst run of form for 10 years a reason to boo?

I dont think it is really, after 10 years of finishing top 6, they havnt had anything to moan about since 2003. Think its fickle to boo the team after 4 months of bad results.

How bad does it have to be before it is acceptable to verbally convey your disappointment of the poor performances?

Personal opinion isn't it? If you want to boo that's up to you, ive never booed any villa performance, ive walked out early but never booed.

I just find the booing after a short run of bad results a bit stupid really.

If they go down that's far and away that the best squad ever to be relegated from the premier league, even more than West Ham in 2003. We would probably be on a par with Newcastle in 2009.

Their away fixtures are pretty tough tbh, still got Arsenal, Stoke, Chelsea, West Ham, Swansea, can't see them winning any of those so they need to start winning at Goodison and quick.

Oh I agree, think they'll be a bit like us in the Houllier season, a point or two off the drop zone but then by the end of April pulling away comfortably as the talent in the squad makes the difference.

What are their current odds to relegate btw?

Â