dudevillaisnice

To fair to Martinez he's on a hiding to nothing at Everton. There's no way they'll ever qualify for the CL and the best he can do is tread water around 7th/8th. I bet he regrets spunking £28m on that pile of turd Lukaku now though. £28m is probably Everton's transfer budget for 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Romelu Lukaku has said he hopes to leave Everton for "a top club" less than a year after his permanent summer switch.

He played the full 90 minutes of Everton's 1-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night, where he was pleased with the reception he got from the home fans and also spoke of his desire to move on to bigger things.

“It was brilliant to play at Chelsea and I had a good reception,” Lukaku told The Sun.

“They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.

“I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”

Whether he's shite or not, he's a bloody numpty for saying something like that.

I'd be fuming if I was an Everton fan

I'd imagine he's been stitched up completely by the journalist. 

• Like 2

If only Benteke was having a bad season like Lukaku we would be in a much better state

7 goals compared to 2. It's better but we'd hardly be sitting pretty. I think the outrage is also over the fact that here's someone who cost £28m deciding he wants to move up even though he's hardly pulling up trees. Does he need reminding that he was already at a top club and they chose to cash in on him.

Â