dudevillaisnice

I just think a lot of football fans are precious these days and cant deal with honesty ;)

Could you imagine uproar tomorrow if Vlaar or Guzan came out and said they want to leave because we are crap :P

• 3 weeks later...

Good question. Even Europa League syndrome doesn't explain it. Literally all their standout players from last season (Baines, Jagielka, Coleman, Barry, Barkley, Lukaku etc.) have dramtically dipped. Tactically have become so one-dimensional, almost akin to Lambert's 'new style' in regards to predictability and impotency. I'm astonished, I assumed they would've recovered somewhat by now.

Their next 6 games are:

Newcastle (H)

QPR (A)

Southampton (H)

Swansea (A)

Burnley (H)

Man Utd (H)

Then us at Villa Park. If they can't pick up the 8 points they need from that lot then they really are done

No idea what's happening there either.

I read somewhere they're on less points now than when they survived on the last days in 93/94 and 97/98 although shows you the declining standards of the PL that they're still 6 points clear of the bottom 3.

defensively is the problem and its easy to see the mistakes, he inherited MOyes well built structure but when it was needed tinkering he hadnt a clue. Howard is most overrated keeper in the league adn as solid as they can be Jagielka and Distin got old

Their next 6 games are:

Newcastle (H)

QPR (A)

Southampton (H)

Swansea (A)

Burnley (H)

Man Utd (H)

Then us at Villa Park. If they can't pick up the 8 points they need from that lot then they really are done

I think they'll pick up points from those fixtures.

Beating QPR and Burnley would be good for us.

Their squad isn't getting any younger and with the added games of Europa League, including all the travel, is it any surprise they are struggling in the Premier League a bit? 

Don't think it's down to Martinez being a poor manager.

You could argue the investment on Lukaku could have gone better elsewhere but hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Edited by PieFacE

You can easily argue that Martinez is a poor manager.

His signings have been terrible and he can't build a defence.

He hasn't tried to build a defence yet though at Everton. He's still using what he inherited and what did quite well last season. I think the only defender he's brought in is Alcaraz isn't it? 

Edited by PieFacE

Exactly his problem. He's using what is there rather than not seeing what's in front of him and building one.

I wouldn't trust him to anyway because,as before, his signings are shite.

They're the best run club in the whole world though and Kenwright is a genius.

I don't really know who this is aimed at...this is a line trotted out for Liverpool or Newcastle, but not Everton.

I am under the impression that Everton fans are also very tired of Kenwright's lack of cash. Goodison Park is falling apart for a reason...

Is Kenwright still trying to sell the club? I have a feeling we will probably be sold before them.

Lerner has come under alot of criticism recently and rightly so but I do think he is actively trying to sell the club despite what is said. I don't get the feeling Kenwright is.

Kenwright will probably look for outside investment.

Â