dudevillaisnice

Ross Barkley back in full training, could make the bench for our game.

Everton have missed him massively so far, an English player well worth the hype imo given some of his performances in the second half of last season. That goal v City and he ran the show in the Man. United and Arsenal home games.

• 2 weeks later...

Ross Barkley back in full training, could make the bench for our game.

Everton have missed him massively so far, an English player well worth the hype imo given some of his performances in the second half of last season. That goal v City and he ran the show in the Man. United and Arsenal home games.

What he said. ;)

Was it Richard on here a few weeks back who said he didn't think there was much in difference between our first 11 and Everton's? I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt and assume he was watching them in a europa league game when they were playing Hibbert, Astu, Gibson and all these guys.

We saw today the massive gulf between a top 6 team and one like us. To me it isn't rocket science that once Everton had Barkley, McCarthy and Coleman back in their starting 11 they'd win games and move up the league as they are quality players.

Everton will finish comfortably top 8 if they all stay fit.

And one thing I would say on Richard's opinion, if he really does believe that and the end result remains Everton finishing a good 20 points clear each season, surely a tiny little bit of the blame must be pointed at Lambert in his mind?

• 2 months later...

Unbelievable what's happening there, I really thought they'd be in the top 6 at this point so I got that one wrong.

To me their squad is of a similar level to Liverpool and Spurs so massive underachievement so far and they can't use the europa league as an excuse.

Thought Barry was excellent last season acting as James McCarthy's minder but this year does look a year too far for him. Certainly shouldn't be an automatic starter anymore.

Early on in the season they had a tonne of injuries but as far as I can see apart from Howard and Jagielka all their other key players are fit that excuse is out aswell.

Another loss for them, this time at Hull. I think they have taken something like 4 points from 8 games and are below us in the table.

After their form last season their fans must be even more frustrated than ours.

I doubt it. At least they have been decent this side of a general election. We have had to deal with 4 and a half years of shitty football.

If your bored and fancy a laugh i suggest reading the delusional ramblings from Everton fans

We should be sitting above the like of Soton and West Ham given our squad and we are Everton.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/should-martinez-be-sacked-post-hull-poll.72209/
To be fair, I get similar laughs in the VT section.. 'our great club' etc etc.
  • Like 3

The core of the team is too old. Howard, Jagielka, Distin, Barry are all well into their 30s.

This. Distin is 37 FFS. Also playing in the EL is far too many games when you have a small squad and lots of old players. Spending £28m on a striker sounds great but when you already had that striker last season your are spending £28m just to stand still. It's no surprise they are struggling this season really. A nice reality check for Everton and their Champions League ambitions. They are a long way off the top four and probably always will be as they don't have the money to compete.

Â