dudevillaisnice

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think that's a bad thing from their perspective. His unique system would need time and probably a squad overhaul. They need immediate results. Either a Dyche who can implement a defensive system fairly quickly or a very short term Sherwood-esque balls to the wall firefighter like Duncan Ferguson who could do enough to get them over the line and then re-assess in the summer.

still though, it's a shame we don't get to see this absolute legend of the game again...

image.png.5db9570f7759cb12d9f25d453ca29631.png

59 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I've no idea what Dyche's other options are and what he's looking for, but it'd be an extremely thankless job if he goes to Everton. He'll probably keep them up and then he'll be hounded off at the first opportunity. Some managers like Bruce would be up for the job and the paycheck but it seems like Dyche is weighing his options for his next job more carefully.

Dyche needs to take a job like this, or one in the Championship. No Premier League club is going to have Dyche anywhere near the top of their list unless they are in the shit. 

When it rains it pours 

Not sure why spurs need him they have more than enougb players to play wide so seems abit of a odd signing

As for biesla people said he would be a disaster at leeds. He wasnt. That would be a smart appointment. I think he would keep them up.

Nuno or dyche if he turns them down, i think either would keep them up

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As for biesla people said he would be a disaster at leeds. He wasnt. That would be a smart appointment. I think he would keep them up.

Reason why I think Bielsa would be a huge risk for Everton is that his style of play takes time to implement. High energy and full of running, it's the type of thing you'd want to implement in a pre-season rather than mid-season. Not the thing you'd want to be doing whilst in a relegation fight where every point is vital. Will take time to implement what Biesla wants and i'm not sure Everton are in a position to give him that time. 

If they got him in the summer then fair enough. 

• Like 1

Dyche is the man to go for, and it's probably the biggest job he could realistically expect to be in the running for. But it's a helluva job to take on, a relegation battle with a rough squad no money no time for transfers... You'd have to go into it backing yourself to the hilt that you can turn it around and know even if you do it might still be shit next year. And if you don't you're in the Championship...

I imagine a lot of managers wouldn't take that gamble. And the ones that will are either gambles, or will want danger money to weigh up the risk.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When it rains it pours 

Not sure why spurs need him they have more than enougb players to play wide so seems abit of a odd signing

Nuno or dyche if he turns them down, i think either would keep them up

Context is everything. Bielsa had a full preseason with Leeds when he get the job. It was much easier for him to impose that style of football in a league where they weren’t coming up against outstanding individual ability. We seen how the wheels came off it when they played better players. He can’t get this Everton team to play like that. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Context is everything. Bielsa had a full preseason with Leeds when he get the job. It was much easier for him to impose that style of football in a league where they weren’t coming up against outstanding individual ability. We seen how the wheels came off it when they played better players. He can’t get this Everton team to play like that. 

Fair point but we don't know for sure if biesla couldnt do it without the pre season. For me the biggest problem with biesla he doesnt have the squad there to play that high energy game that he adopts. Imagine trying to get iwobi mcneil and calvin lewin playing that way?

Om a side note if everton do go down i wouldnt mind onana here. Looks a player just in a poor squad

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fair point but we don't know for sure if biesla couldnt do it without the pre season. For me the biggest problem with biesla he doesnt have the squad there to play that high energy game that he adopts. Imagine trying to get iwobi mcneil and calvin lewin playing that way?

Om a side note if everton do go down i wouldnt mind onana here. Looks a player just in a poor squad

I think Calvert Lewin is one of Everton’s biggest problems. They have convinced themselves he is a bit of a player and therefore they haven’t felt the need to get a proper striker in but reality is he is a poser always ready to slid into the 6 yard box just that little bit to late giving the impression he was unlucky but for me it shows why he is a bad striker because he should just be there scoring a tap in. Obviously they have other big problems too like pissing money away on rubbish players. Other than Onana and maybe Pickford who would pay money for a single one of there players? Keane, Godfrey, Mina, coady (I know he is on loan) tarkowski, gray, iwobi (cost about £30 million wtf) dacoure. They are actually rubbish and premier league level.

Â