dudevillaisnice

11 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Fair, but it is also not far off last seasons squad that started under Ancelotti and was the sweetheart of the media. I remember everyone gushing over them.

They certainly have a better squad than the likes of Brighton etc.

I would regard at least these as very good players.

Pickford
Yerri Mina
Calvert Lewin
Allan
Richarlison

None of their players (except Delph, who is Delph) have disrespected Everton like some of our dross did when we went down (I am looking right at you Lescott & Richards).

They lost a world class manager and made a bad appointment as his successor is the problem. IMHO. 

My sympathy is very little, we were starved for funds for two years before we got into a state, they have had a ton of money pumped into them.

I know "Please make a sensible head coach decision" is less pithy than "sack the board" but it would be a lot more helpful imho.

I would add Doucoure and Gordon to this list. Gordon looks a great player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think Lampard would be good for them tbh. 

Listened to him with Gary Neville on the overlap, he wasn’t really ready or prepared for management when he was offered the Derby job it was Uncle Harry that threw his name in that hat with Mel Morris, Gerrard’s journey has been totally different. But If Everton have some decent young players I think he can do alright there with a limited budget.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Everrton are a great traditional club . I hope they can sort their problems out and move up the table. There is something not quite right about Lampard . I don't know what it is though.

Overrated and overpromoted because of his name. Got tactically outwitted by Deano in the play off final and was rewarded with the Chelsea gig. He will do well to get the Everton job.

• Like 1

Everton are a traditional name at the top table, and should stay there.

Lampard will actively hamper that. Unless they've got a time machine and are actually signing his prime playing self from 15 years ago.

• Like 1

Everton are less unlikeable compared to a lot of clubs, particularly the bigger clubs. But I don’t particularly care if they’re relegated or not. If they do go down, then they deserve to have done.

If it’s a choice between Newcastle or Everton to stay up, of course if I’d choose Everton. 

However, if it was a choice between Watford and Everton, I don’t really care. The reason I’d be tempted to save Everton is we seem to do alright against them these days. 

But their status as a traditionally bigger club doesn’t mean I particularly favour them over Watford, Norwich or Burnley.

• Like 1

Everton are one of the names that, to me, you'd add to a 'classic' English top flight league lineup. I'm not going to be bothered if they aren't there, I don't support Everton after all, but if I was to pick a line up of 20 teams for the league Everton would be on it, someone like Watford or Burnley wouldn't.

• Like 2

All the Evertonians I know/have known are sound people. There aren't many clubs I can say that about.

The away end/side is a bit of a dump, but other than that, I'm like a few who think they kind of belong in the Prem really (but need to be there on merit, like everyone else).

• Like 1

Everton, I always consider, the club most like Aston Villa. 

I like the fact they play at an old stadium. They're a traditional big team, but have had spells of mismanagement. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I think Lampard would be good for them tbh. 

Would probably reach mid table and then they'd get bored of him when he's finishing 9th-10th reguarly.

In short term yeah they could do worse as they only really need to win four more games to stay up, perhaps five.

If he can push on the youth coming through like Gordon, Sims and a few others like the Scottish lad from Rangers then that will be similar to him giving Tammy, Mount and Reece James proper game time at Chelsea.

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Everton, I always consider, the club most like Aston Villa. 

I like the fact they play at an old stadium. They're a traditional big team, but have had spells of mismanagement. 

I used to have the same sympathy for them. Then their fans started throwing bottles at players - so **** them. Hope they go down. 

Â