Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

And the best thing is the boy is going to get better.

If Houllier plays to his strengths (and sorts our pitiful defence), who knows where we could go. £18m or £25m, it is a bargain, the lad is worth at least £30m today, and more than that to Aston Villa.

You can mark him out of the game and he'll still score. He can be having an absolute stinker and he can still score. When we're playing well, he's lethal.

When McGrath made Darren Bent, he inseminated him with 'goal machine' gene. He can't help but put the ball in the back of the net.

I'm delighted with him. When I think about it sometimes I still can't believe we've got him!

6 goals in 11 games is a great start. If linesmen/referee's could do their jobs properly he'd have 9 in 11 because he's had 3 perfectly good goals ruled out now since we signed him! There was nothing wrong with the one he had disallowed today!

I haven't seen today's one obviously but the one at the Newcastle game looked just offside to me. Either way, he's scoring which is great news for us. Let's not forget good ol' Gabby for popping up with the winner today though. Well done lads.

seeing as he hasnt been allowed to take pens since he has been here, which could have got him 2 further goals i would say 6 goals in 11 games for villa or 8 goals in 13 including the 2 games for england is a good return.

add in at least 1 disallowed goal with the 2 pens and we would have possibly been looking at 9 goals in 11 or 11 in 13 ( including england)

except it wasn't simple as that. it took a few replays before I could even see a hint of offside about it and hte linesman was that sure in real time? Nah.

but anyway he's doing the business, although still fluffs a few sitters as well, a bit andy cole like i suppose

doing very well for us.

I think he's probably the worst footballer to grace the premier league BUT he's one of the best goalscorers - and that's what we've needed!

The thing is I really don't think we've staretd playing to his strengths yet! I thought Heskey would've been a perfect foil for him - but it didn;'t work well today. If we can get a partner for him that complements him - he can get even more!

When MON writes his inevitable autobiography, he'll have to admit that not signing Bent when he (presumably) had the chance was one of his biggest mistakes.

Funny how many of us never really considered him, or thought he might flop. There he was, though, all along, staring us in the face. Oh, the wasted years with no Dazza.

When MON writes his inevitable autobiography, he'll have to admit that not signing Bent when he (presumably) had the chance was one of his biggest mistakes.

Funny how many of us never really considered him, or thought he might flop. There he was, though, all along, staring us in the face. Oh, the wasted years with no Dazza.

I've been wanting him since he left Charlton, but when he went to Sunderland I thought we'd never get him. What a wonderful bolt out of the blue that was.

Â