Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Just back from VP.

He got a decent reception when he came on. He then touched the ball twice as far as I could remember. One of those being a flick header to no one.

In all fairness it would not be fair to judge him on a 25 min run out. I was hoping he may be really pumped up and have really put himself about but it wasn't to be.

it isn't fair to slate him based on today, although I agree he still has a lot to prove. It does prove though that we need Gabby playing as we definitely lost shape when he came off, but I don't think that is Bent's fault. I don't understand why we can't go the route of the 3 up front with Bent instead of Weimann, it feels as though Lambert is strangling every natural creative element we have right now.

here we go, loads of people will now claim he should be sold because we didn't win when he came on. And that he was the reason we didn't win.

Because Ireland and Delph clearly did the business as well.

No one is saying we didn't win because of him. Just i expected more than 2 touches of the ball. I still want to see him start a game up front with Benteke and see what he has to offer.

• Like 1

No one is saying we didn't win because of him. Just i expected more than 2 touches of the ball. I still want to see him start a game up front with Benteke and see what he has to offer.

yes i got carried away there, just fed up with the whole Bent fiasco, but people are entitled to love or hate him and it's no up to me to say otherwise.

If he came on as sub and barely touched the ball, you have to ask how well the manager and coaching staff prepared the team to play with him. Sounds like no-one was passing to him!

A suspicious person might think Lambert's entire strategy is to "prove" Bent should not be in the squad.

A suspicious person might think Lambert's entire strategy is to "prove" Bent should not be in the squad.

I would say more paranoid myself.

A more realistic view would be that Bent is a player that depends entirely on service and we simply don't have the players to provide that service. Which goes some way to explaining why Benteke is preferred to Bent.

Now people can debate why we don't have those players or the rights and wrongs of Lambert's approach both with Bent and in the transfer market but I really don't think there is any more to it than simply a lack of quality in midfield.

He came on and was completely ineffective, ok it's not fair to fully judge someone when they only have 20 odd minutes to do something but then again, when someone comes on and has a great cameo they tend to get all the credit (e.g. Bent vs West Brom this season). So he's not beyond criticism.

The fact is he just doesn't seem to fit into how Lambert sets us up, we looked much better when it was Benteke and Gabby carrying the attacking threat. I just don't see much of a future for Bent here unless Lambert radically changes things to revolve around Bent.

We effectively went down to 10 men when he came on today.

yet the score line remained the same?

so that kind of shits on all this" if bent plays we will concede more goals because we go down to 10 men" rubbish often spouted.

now to give him some service and the goals will come

yet the score line remained the same?

so that kind of shits on all this" if bent plays we will concede more goals because we go down to 10 men" rubbish often spouted.

now to give him some service and the goals will come

I have no idea what you're talking about, I've never seen the we 'will concede more goals' with Bent in the side point, that's certainly not what I was saying.

do you think if Lambert can get Zog flying again, if so then we might have a bit more service to Bent?

Also whether or not you agree with Bent being dropped or think he should be playing it is very strange that Ireland is also not playing, i know he is a marmite player to many but it did look like he was in favour and doing pretty well, now he is playing second fiddle to Bannan and Herd, I do find this strange.

People talk about the kids and our inexperienced squad but it is alarming how many players we have out of favour or injured.

Hutton, Warnock both on loan with no way back, and we wil struggle to get any decent fee for either

Delf - blown hot and cold at Blackpool and no idea if he has a long term future (my opinion is he belongs at that level)

Dunne - probably would have been sold had he not been injured, i hope he is given a chance but no idea if he will

Nzogbia - i don't think he will walk into the team when he returns and could easily see him being sold as he wasn't a regular under Lambert when fit and he's yet clicked for us.

Makoun - didn't bother to return and we are no doubt subsidising his wages and will make a massive loss on him

I can't see Randy bank rolling too much until the above players are either reintroduced or sold. I want Lambert to prove his managerial credentials by getting the best of Zog, Bent, Ireland, Dunne, but it may just not be possible and these players along with the others need to be sold as it feels a long time since we had a truly unified and settled squad.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I've never seen the we 'will concede more goals' with Bent in the side point, that's certainly not what I was saying.

i never said you did or even implied you did

there are in this thread however a large amount of comments like

I don't agree that Bent would be scoring freely in this team, and I believe that even if he was we would most likely have less of the ball and concede more goals.

Before someone tells me I'm wrong, read it again. "Don't agree" and "believe" are indicators of opinion.

and other shit like he cant play lamberts formation?

of course he cant if he isnt picked!

odd that he has scored for every other manager in countless formations with a vast array of player quality from crap to top class, he scores. yet this magical system lambert has which is apparently completely different to any other managers formations of all time, bent cant play in

because all he does is score goals when playing as a forward

yet gabby 1 goal in 35 premier leage games seems to be right for this formation, this formation which sees us as pretty much the lowest scoring team in the premeir league this season so far, and oddly one of the worst defence records also in the league this season.

so this magical formation appears to be more of the problem than bent as without him we havent exactly gone racing up the league and thats despite playing with players who have had 12 or more games now to settle into their new club, something which normally takes a bit of time.

all seems very confusing that apparently bent is shit and lazy, yet i cant see most of the other players scoring, it must mean they are also shit and lazy because they are not doing what they are paid to do, at least bent, who is paid to put the ball in the net manages to do that regularly throughout his entire life as a footballer.

very very strange..

• Like 1

its been said alot on here recently (getting quite bored of reading it now tbh) that we need an attacking centre mid, to not only provide service to the strikers, but who can also get in the mix as well and score goals

all sounds good i guess, but then most of you are also moaning that we cant spend much money nor can we spend much on wages, well are you all expecting us to sign some superstar scorer for a packet of bon bons and a weekly wage of jelly babies? the above costs money, alot of it

also in fact, who of our already average midfielders, whom we seem to have many of are going to be dropped? whos going to sit in front of the defence and whos going to sit behind the strikers?

its been said alot on here recently (getting quite bored of reading it now tbh) that we need an attacking centre mid, to not only provide service to the strikers, but who can also get in the mix as well and score goals

all sounds good i guess, but then most of you are also moaning that we cant spend much money nor can we spend much on wages, well are you all expecting us to sign some superstar scorer for a packet of bon bons and a weekly wage of jelly babies? the above costs money, alot of it

also in fact, who of our already average midfielders, whom we seem to have many of are going to be dropped? whos going to sit in front of the defence and whos going to sit behind the strikers?

Stephen Ireland?

Benteke tired as well.

Id like to see him start with Nzogbia Bent and Gabby upfront for Norwich and give the young lad Benteke a breather (come off the bench if needed). Hes still young and not used to the grind of Premier League.

Odd that he has scored for every other manager in countless formations with a vast array of player quality from crap to top class, he scores. yet this magical system lambert has which is apparently completely different to any other managers formations of all time, bent cant play in

I imagine there will a huge stampede to sign him then, given that every other manager apart from Lambert so highly rates him.......but somehow I don't think so

i never said you did or even implied you did

there are in this thread however a large amount of comments like

and other shit like he cant play lamberts formation?

of course he cant if he isnt picked!

odd that he has scored for every other manager in countless formations with a vast array of player quality from crap to top class, he scores. yet this magical system lambert has which is apparently completely different to any other managers formations of all time, bent cant play in

yet gabby 1 goal in 35 premier leage games seems to be right for this formation, this formation which sees us as pretty much the lowest scoring team in the premeir league this season so far, and oddly one of the worst defence records also in the league this season.

so this magical formation appears to be more of the problem than bent as without him we havent exactly gone racing up the league and thats despite playing with players who have had 12 or more games now to settle into their new club, something which normally takes a bit of time.

all seems very confusing that apparently bent is shit and lazy, yet i cant see most of the other players scoring, it must mean they are also shit and lazy because they are not doing what they are paid to do, at least bent, who is paid to put the ball in the net manages to do that regularly throughout his entire life as a footballer.

very very strange..

And i'd add that several posters will be glad to see Bent go. I'd also add that i see Ireland is now surplus to requirements as well continuing the trait of selling our best players.

Â