New kits

villa4europe

Those Fiorentina shirts are indeed lovely. I really like the Roma shirt as well.

And fair play to Rayo! Seems like a very likeable club.

Edited by Michelsen

All just rumours though.

Indeed. On a completely unrelated topic didn't you used to work for Puma?

I like that City Kit apart from the shite badge outline. Simple but in a good way.

Edited by villa89

It's still a design feature - the rules now say that any brand can use their trademark or multiples thereof in a pre-determined area down the side of the shirt and / or sleeve, up to a specific width (can't remember, may be 5cm or something).

Rumour has it (and it is very much just a rumour) that when one of adidas' rivals launched a kit with no sleeves it beat adidas to the chase as they were rumoured to be working on the same idea.  The rumour was that adidas leveraged their relationship with FIFA to help block their rivals' new design.  As the sleeveless design wasn't against any rules new rules had to be created that determined a need for sleeves.

It's conceivable that if these rumours are true (which they're certainly not, they're just elaborate rumours) then the requirement to add competition logos to a sleeve came back to bite adidas on the bum as the rules stipulated that you needed to leave a clear space of a pre-defined size to fit the tournament logo and FIFA Fair Play badge too.

All just rumours though.

Although all rumours it wouldn't surprise me if said rumours were true, considering adidas and FIFA's 'relationship' since the days of Horst Dassler and Joao Havelange.