Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Not as bad as some of you on here think.Certainly a better FB than Warnock, and probably better than Cuellar on here as well.

Supposed Villa fans who keep going on about his horror tackle against Long get up my nose to be frank.Would'nt have even earned a comment 10 years ago, and i've seen Villa legends like Evans McNaught et al, do far far worse, Eammon Deacy used to do worse in the warm up.Long played 4 weeks later, so it could'nt have been that bad.

The kid might be a prick off the pitch, but on the pitch he deserves a break.Some blinkered Villa fans need to get over his association with McL.We missed him yday, and at the moment he is the best RB at the club.

He misses the Norwich game, so it's not all bad ...

Villa confirm Hutton surgery

Alan Hutton is set to go under the knife after Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish confirmed the full-back had suffered ruptured ankle ligaments.

Hutton was injured by a horror tackle from Tottenham's Danny Rose during their recent 1-1 draw with the London side.

Rose was sent off for the challenge that ended Hutton's season and will see him sidelined for around eight weeks following the surgery.

McLeish said: "It's a blow. I knew it was a bad tackle at the time, the guy went high and followed through.

"He will have an operation next week and will be on the treatment table over the summer."

The media are very confused. They lead with headlines like "Hutton blow for Villa" then they go on to say he won't be playing for us. Which is it?

Not as bad as some of you on here think.Certainly a better FB than Warnock, and probably better than Cuellar on here as well.

Supposed Villa fans who keep going on about his horror tackle against Long get up my nose to be frank.Would'nt have even earned a comment 10 years ago, and i've seen Villa legends like Evans McNaught et al, do far far worse, Eammon Deacy used to do worse in the warm up.Long played 4 weeks later, so it could'nt have been that bad.

The kid might be a prick off the pitch, but on the pitch he deserves a break.Some blinkered Villa fans need to get over his association with McL.We missed him yday, and at the moment he is the best RB at the club.

Although I applaud the fact the your trying to be sensible I really couldn't disagree more. From what I've seen of Hutton (every game he's played this season) he's not better than Habib Beye and MILES behind Lichaj, Cuellar, and Warnock in that order. Yes he's got a great work rate but all it really serves to do is pull him out of position. If he gets forward he'll lose the ball or hit a poor cross and won't get back in time. His defensive awareness is beyond piss poor and he's always a liability to get a red card. Personally, I could care less about the challenge on Long other than the fact that its one of the more obvious and memorable bone headed plays he made this season. Not that it was especially bad, but there have been 4 or 5 games this season where he could have easily been shown straight red. I don't think he's a dirty player or a thug I just think he's a shit footballer who can't cross, defend or tackle.

As an American I watched Hull City a few years ago when they were in the Premier League because they had Altidore on loan one season. They loaned Hutton from Spurs that year as well and I'm pretty confident in saying that I've seen enough of him to make up my mind about him.

He is definitely one of the worst players I have ever seen in a Villa shirt. i just hope that a new manager (if one comes in) agrees and we never see him in our shirt ever again. One of Mcleish's many many many failures.

I must add that I thought he was turning it around (can't remember when exactly but I think around February time) but that lasted all of about two matches. To go from Kyle Walker to him is horrific and Spurs played us for **** idiots. Lichaj is so much better than him, it is outrageous that he keeps his place and our best RB has to play on the left.

• 2 months later...

He must be off then.

Probably best for all round. He was tainted as being a McLeish favourite, having played under him before and all.

But at the end of the day was utter cack for us and best to move on. Rather funny when you think about when MO'N was looking for a right back and we were all disappointed Spurs bought him.

Â