Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Could Stoke afford his wages? I said day 1, he seemed like a Tony Pulis player. I reckon now he'll end up on load at Blackburn with us paying half his wages, should just get rid and send him off to Newco.

I am sure they can. Remember that Hutton did not have enormous wages at Tottenham (probably under 30k a week) and we apparently saved quite a bit of money selling Young with +40k a week and getting Hutton.

I would think he has 30k a week, which is no problem for Stoke.

I missed a lot of games last season so can someone please answer this for me please. Was Hutton awful because he is a poor footballer or was it lack of effort? If its the former then the blame lies with the manager that continues to pick him. If Lambert does the same then again he will be at fault. No point getting on the players back.

I missed a lot of games last season so can someone please answer this for me please. Was Hutton awful because he is a poor footballer or was it lack of effort? If its the former then the blame lies with the manager that continues to pick him. If Lambert does the same then again he will be at fault. No point getting on the players back.

Can't be sure if he put in any effort as he is that much of a poor footballer, so we're no closer to cracking the case...Columbo is scratching his head.

Hutton just seemed like he had the red mist down whenever he was playing. He was both rash in tackles and rash in making decisions, and hopeless going forward. Not THE worst player I've ever seen at Villa but certainly one of the worst. He'll fit in in a side that don't pass the ball much and kick the opposition a lot (i.e. Stoke). Very limited footballer signed by a very limited manager!

Can't be sure if he put in any effort as he is that much of a poor footballer, so we're no closer to cracking the case...Columbo is scratching his head.

I don't think that's fair. The lad has work ethic, he's just a very, very limited footballer. He runs around a lot, like a headless chicken crossed with a pit-bull, but boy can he run.

I don't dislike him at all and I think the abuse he gets for simply being rubbish is completely unjustified. Much like Heskey in that regard.

I was sat about 4 feet from Hutton for the spurs game when Rose clattered him (ironically with a Hutton like tackle) I was convinced he'd broken his leg at first. I think he puts the effort in but needs more protection in front

Some games he actually looked decent marauding forwards

I have a terrible feeling that Villa with be stuck with this pathetic excuse of a defender for the full length of his contract :( which I think runs well into 2014 :( :( :( ...Alan Hutton is a complete waste of space and would be better suited to playing in the same team as the likes of Vinnie Jones, Roy Keane and Joey Barton...

I don't think that's fair. The lad has work ethic, he's just a very, very limited footballer. He runs around a lot, like a headless chicken crossed with a pit-bull, but boy can he run.

I don't dislike him at all and I think the abuse he gets for simply being rubbish is completely unjustified. Much like Heskey in that regard.

He has to run alot...to catch up with play. I dont dispute he 'tries'...which for his wages is the least we could ask really, sadly he just isn't anywhere close to premiership standard in my opinion, I really cant think of ANYTHING that he does well. But not really his fault as he didnt sign himself.....sadly we all know who inflicted him on us.

Anyone else surprised he's still here?

I thought there was something lined up when we left him here while we went to America.

Seems to be no speculation about him either. Hoping he will be somewhere else come 1st of September.

We'll lose money on him but I'm confident some team of cloggers will sign him during this window.

Another PL club will take him just based on his experience. We just have to be patient. I doubt his wages are excessive so we just have to accept that the £3m? we paid for him will not be recovered.

Â