Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I will be extremely happy if he leaves our club. Terrible, terrible footballer.

Agree. I'd probably go as far to say he is one of the worst players I have seen. Balaban made a handful of appearances (mostly as a sub) and I can't remember Djemba-Djemba making too many more.

Hopefully someone will come in and take him off our hands. The sooner the better.

Mat Kendrick"]Lambert has explained why Hutton was omitted from the 25-man squad who travelled to America and insists the Scottish defender took the boss’s decision well.

Hutton played in the first friendly against Burton on Saturday but was left behind when the players departed for Philadelphia on Monday.

Although Lambert chose his words carefully when discussing Hutton, it is understood the club will now listen to offers for the former Tottenham right-back.

“This is just the squad I’ve decided to go with,” said Lambert.

“I spoke to Alan the other week and he played fine on Saturday, no worries whatsoever. This is the squad I decided to go with.

“To be fair he was okay with that, he was fine. He worked hard in the game so there’s no adverse feeling there. I just decided to go with the squad that’s here.

“I had a chat and told him what was happening with the group that’s come over here. He was fine and he did really fine against Burton.”

I honestly believe he's in talks with another club, to be left behind.

Somethings got to be close, or else it was just a case of it'll be harder to find a club for him if he's in USA.

Somethings got to be close, or else it was just a case of it'll be harder to find a club for him if he's in USA.

I think thats a very generous assessment. The subtext from the Lambert interview was pretty clear.

"He's shite. I ain't picking him. He can leave for tuppence ha'penny and a packet of cheese and onion". :thumb:

I think thats a very generous assessment. The subtext from the Lambert interview was pretty clear.

"He's shite. I ain't picking him. He can leave for tuppence ha'penny and a packet of cheese and onion". :thumb:

Probably right, we can dream though ;)

We bought a replacement. That's enough. He'll be gone when he's gone. It'll happen. Just celebrate that he won't be in the team this season. Him wearing #28 against Burton and having to watch the U.S. tour on AVTV should tell you that much :)

but who would bid for him? tis my concern. he must have what 2, maybe even 3 years left on a PL wage contract? he could be another beye or bogarde type pisstaker

could have done that at Spurs though

Could Stoke afford his wages? I said day 1, he seemed like a Tony Pulis player. I reckon now he'll end up on load at Blackburn with us paying half his wages, should just get rid and send him off to Newco.

Â