Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Hutton positional sense for a footballer is terrible! Watch how he wants to hold the hand of the RCB i.e. Collins when defending and leaving the winger shit loads of room to absolutely rip him to shreds! We can go on about Young's dive but the initial mistake was Alan Hutton, by basically falling to his ass! I'm not saying it because McLeish purchased him but we have truly wasted 3 to 4 million considering we sold a better RB for less!

Hutton and Collins got thrown out of Gatecraher last night,mprobably missed the Fekkin door too.
Does anyone know if this is true and if so why? Too pissed? Fighting? Lairy? All of the above?

i would like to know this, too.

i know for a fact that hutton and collins are good friends and are always out together in brum. just the other week they were in solihull, slagging off the club and telling a friend of my brother's that "villa fans need to lower their expectations". what? the expectation to stay in the premier league and perhaps watch a little bit of exciting football every now and then? rocket polishers.

I guess with shite like Hutton and Collins playing for us we've got to lower our expectations. Remove those useless clowns from the equation and we may start to hope and expect again. These two are not the epitome of the modern footballer, and don't look after themselves in the way that a modern footballer should do.

Our plays are always out on the lash- in between vital games this season I've seen our youngsters out numerous times (wasted) and I've seen one of our most senior players out (not so wasted).

The discipline at villa is crap.

Give him one thing, he does makes run forwards all the time. I always see him bombing up and down that right hand flank.

But this makes it even worse when he inevitably crosses it into the stand or passes it to the opposition and gets caught stranded in the wrong half!

Come on MM, spill the beans, is Eck out or what?

I have no idea its pretty much as been said in the Mail and the club statement focussing on the next 2 games and that's it .

For what it's worth met him twice likeable guy very honest and one of those first in last out Managers at Bodymoor was like a breath of fresh air compared to MON to deal with so I am told . But was the wrong manager for this club for everything that has been said a million times. I actually like the bloke as a person but personally can't see anything other than him leaving its a majority not a minority against him .

Would say the senior players are worse than what Houllier had to play with and all the bad apples are still there and I think he couldn't shift them on and was told to work with them because of the wage issue . MASSIVE OWN GOAL FOR ALL CONCERNED !

Will Lerner though be stubborn ? It was odd appointing him in the first place

After to-day's news in the Evening Mail, no prizes for guessing one of the bad apples.

I guess it was about time he was on the end of a challenge like he received today considering how many he has dished out over the years.

I couldn't help but wonder if there was any previous between Rose and Hutton from their days together in training at Spurs as you simply don't tackle like that unintentionally.

Some disgusting swamp life, excuse for a villa fan, sat behind me at the game, said "I hope he's broke his leg!", when he was rolling around on the floor.

Some people are a disgrace

Some disgusting swamp life, excuse for a villa fan, sat behind me at the game, said "I hope he's broke his leg!", when he was rolling around on the floor.

Sadly I'm not at all surprised I've heard similar at games before.

I'm certainly no fan of Hutton, not even remotely close to being but I'd never wish injury on any player let alone one of our own no matter how bad they are.

Can see what you mean but as Rose is possibly the worst player in Premier League he probably doesnt know how to tackle

Stuart Pearce disagress. :winkold:

Why i am disappointed he didnt get the senior job :P. Cant believe a player has lived off one goal for so long

Noticed he did'nt get many cheers when his name was read out at the begining of the game???

Thats because he's shite!

Glad to hear it's only bruising on his shins though - no breaks.

He actually played pretty well yesterday. We certainly looked more solid at Lichaj-Dunne-Cuellar-Hutton. Collins came on and was shit.

And as I said when it happened, "Why can we not get one of Spurs' good players sent off!?", Rose is appalling!

I must admit i thought the same. We are not talking about a class act here. This is the same brainless idiot who did shane long has made several attempts to do other players. Why do football fans get all squeamish and emotional about broken legs?

If it comes out that he has broken his ankle nobody will care, but the words "broken leg" now seem to be akin to "cancer."

He`s an idiot, i won`t be rolling out the kleenex for this prat.

Hutton had played next to no games for Spurs for years and then was expected to start every game for Eck, and subbed raw enthusiasm and ridiculous and over zealous tackles for skill and match experience. Then he was criticised for not tackling enough - then he got a run in the team where he was pretty good and people got off his back. But he's been fairly inconsistent in recent games, although he was ok yesterday till the injury.

I don't think he deserves the hatred and stick he gets, i don't think he is as bad as people make out, but i don't think he is that good either.

I just think people get too carried away on this boards.

if he is bad mouthing Villa along with Collins and co then he should be sold, but there is no real evidence for that.

in away we should adjust our expectations, we are in this mess because

a) We have been left with a championship quality squad with a few prem class players who would rather not be at Villa and think they are better than they are.

B) A manager no-one wanted who turned out to be everything people dreaded he would be

Â