Alan Hutton

Rich_D

BBC Football, when he signed.

Signing Alan Hutton is coup for Aston Villa - McLeish

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish says the signing of Scotland international Alan Hutton is a "coup" for the Midlands club.

The former Tottenham defender agreed a four year deal on deadline day to join up with McLeish who previously managed him at Rangers and Scotland.

"He's a good signing for us," McLeish told Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland. "We do lack a bit of experience in the squad. To get Alan, an international in his prime is a great coup for us."

And McLeish believes Hutton has several years ahead of him in the top flight of English football, despite failing to find his best form with former club Tottenham Hotspur. "Alan has got five or six years ahead of him," McLeish said.

"There were some problems between him and Harry Redknapp, but you never know what happens.

"I would certainly like to think, with the experience he has gathered, he should be able to come to our club and not be fazed in any way. He's definitely got great athleticism."

:crylaugh:

I'm a skinny 5'9'' attacking midfielder, chronic in the air and predominantly left-footed, who plays for a poor team in a shitty amateur league.

I am 100% certain that I'd do a better job at right back for Villa than Alan Hutton. 100%. That's not me being cocky, I'm nowhere near good enough to be a professional footballer. I could find 15 players within a mile radius of my house who are better at football than Alan Hutton. How in the name of Jesus Christ is this man first choice right back for one of the biggest clubs in England? My head hurts thinking about it.

I'm a skinny 5'9'' attacking midfielder, chronic in the air and predominantly left-footed, who plays for a poor team in a shitty amateur league.

I am 100% certain that I'd do a better job at right back for Villa than Alan Hutton. 100%. That's not me being cocky, I'm nowhere near good enough to be a professional footballer. I could find 15 players within a mile radius of my house who are better at football than Alan Hutton. How in the name of Jesus Christ is this man first choice right back for one of the biggest clubs in England? My head hurts thinking about it.

That's class and true. He is diabolical.

I actually feel exactly the same. Absolute useless.

I goto give it to Hutton to be the worst player in modern day football to actually make a living out of football,quite incredible really,he must feel like a lottery winner every day of his life...

I actually feel exactly the same. Absolute useless.

I've seen you score a wonder and I'd much rather have you there!!

Hutton is an awful player. If was a signing we did not need and just shows the level of player that Mcleish is going to bring to the club.

BBC Football, when he signed.

Signing Alan Hutton is coup for Aston Villa - McLeish

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish says the signing of Scotland international Alan Hutton is a "coup" for the Midlands club.

The former Tottenham defender agreed a four year deal on deadline day to join up with McLeish who previously managed him at Rangers and Scotland.

"He's a good signing for us," McLeish told Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland. "We do lack a bit of experience in the squad. To get Alan, an international in his prime is a great coup for us."

And McLeish believes Hutton has several years ahead of him in the top flight of English football, despite failing to find his best form with former club Tottenham Hotspur. "Alan has got five or six years ahead of him," McLeish said.

"There were some problems between him and Harry Redknapp, but you never know what happens.

"I would certainly like to think, with the experience he has gathered, he should be able to come to our club and not be fazed in any way. He's definitely got great athleticism."

:crylaugh:

McLose is a bad at spin as Graham Drury. Certain people on here will know how bad that is.

He is a daft, dozy, prick who can't play football and should have cost us so many points in previous games - including the one today.

Agree. Hutton should have 3 or 4 more red cards from this season, he's been remarkably lucky in the regard. As for his actual play, it seems that its all been covered now. Diabolical. Would be absolutely gutted to see this fool in a Villa shirt ever again after this season.

Whether he is shit or not, I'm not sure why people are moaning about his arm today, had he not done that its more than likely we would have conceded and lost that game.

By handballing it in such an obvious way he'd have been sent off in 9 out of 10 games, given away a penalty and put us in a ridiculous difficult position. On the other hand he got away with it due to a blind ref who missed everything today so I'm bloomin' happy as that could prove a vital point. Surely celebrating someone so blatantly cheating is no better that clapping Young when he dive for a penalty?! Can be pleased with the outcome but disappointed at the process.

Like much of this season, he's been very very lucky. And considering his performances this season that is particularly worrying! Imagine how bad he'd be if luck deserted him! He is without doubt the worst player I have ever seen in a Villa shirt.

Whether he is shit or not, I'm not sure why people are moaning about his arm today, had he not done that its more than likely we would have conceded and lost that game.

By handballing it in such an obvious way he'd have been sent off in 9 out of 10 games, given away a penalty and put us in a ridiculous difficult position. On the other hand he got away with it due to a blind ref who missed everything today so I'm bloomin' happy as that could prove a vital point. Surely celebrating someone so blatantly cheating is no better that clapping Young when he dive for a penalty?! Can be pleased with the outcome but disappointed at the process.

Like much of this season, he's been very very lucky. And considering his performances this season that is particularly worrying! Imagine how bad he'd be if luck deserted him! He is without doubt the worst player I have ever seen in a Villa shirt.

But he did get away with it and had he not done it it would have conceded and I just cant see us getting anything out of that game one nil down.

I'm not clapping him for doing but I'm certainly not going to slag him off or give him stick for doing it.

But he did get away with it and had he not done it it would have conceded and I just cant see us getting anything out of that game one nil down.

I'm not clapping him for doing but I'm certainly not going to slag him off or give him stick for doing it.

If a close friend of mine drives home completely drunk and doesn't get caught i'd still call him a prick.

Getting away with it doesn't change the fact it was a stupid decision that could have really cost this team.

Mcleish knows he is being sacked so he starts hutton hoping he would give away a penalty or something to take us down and sticking his two fingers up at us all for getting him the sack....it back fired but only just,what's next ?

If a close friend of mine drives home completely drunk and doesn't get caught i'd still call him a prick.

Getting away with it doesn't change the fact it was a stupid decision that could have really cost this team.

An amazing metaphor :?

He stopped the ball going in the net, he got away with it, we drew,

He doesnt do it, we concede, we more than likely lose.

He does it, doesnt get away with it, he gets sent off, penalty is given we more than likely lose.

Again i'm not gonna commend him but I'm definitely not going to moan or slag him off for this action.

Â