Alan Hutton

Rich_D

But at the end of the day was utter cack for us and best to move on. Rather funny when you think about when MO'N was looking for a right back and we were all disappointed Spurs bought him.

on his transfer speculation thread when linked under Houllier a lot of people were positive for the signing. 18 months i long time in football

Oh God, I forgot about Neil Cox. He's gonna take some beating.

Gabor Kiraly was an emergency loan. I don't think he counts as he was simply the best we could get as an emergency, having him was better than having no keeper at all (although only just..).

Alan Hutton is certainly going to be up there. I don't think he's going to be one of the ones we'll remember 10 years down the line (like Bosko Balaban and Eric Djemba Djemba) as he didn't play enough to really infuriate us, but he will have a legacy similar to my Neil Cox reaction above.. 'Oh God, Alan Hutton, I'd forgot about him, yeah he was terrible'.

To go for consistent inability to play football I would go for Gary Charles. I regularly sat there wondering how he had been picked out by enough scouts to make it to the top.

Is it strange how a number of players named here are right backs?

To go for consistent inability to play football I would go for Gary Charles. I regularly sat there wondering how he had been picked out by enough scouts to make it to the top.

Is it strange how a number of players named here are right backs?

It is. We had a (ginger, Scottish) right back in the 70s called Gordon Smith. probably the worst I've seen. At least Hutton could run fast and cripple people. This bloke couldn't even do that - he just used to run backwards until the opposing winger got a cross in. Truly awful.

On the other hand, John Gidman and Kenny Swain were great.

it's weird he did have at least 5-6 games were he was fairly conistent and played ok, not enough to gain credit or forgiveness but i remember at the time some people did point out on here that he had improved.

but then again too often he has been bloody awful

Oh God, I forgot about Neil Cox. He's gonna take some beating.

Gabor Kiraly was an emergency loan. I don't think he counts as he was simply the best we could get as an emergency, having him was better than having no keeper at all (although only just..).

Alan Hutton is certainly going to be up there. I don't think he's going to be one of the ones we'll remember 10 years down the line (like Bosko Balaban and Eric Djemba Djemba) as he didn't play enough to really infuriate us, but he will have a legacy similar to my Neil Cox reaction above.. 'Oh God, Alan Hutton, I'd forgot about him, yeah he was terrible'.

He played more than bosko :D

Â