Alan Hutton

Rich_D

What I saw yesterday was a committed and gutsy performance that is often sadly lacking in many of our players although yesterday it was much more evident in the whole side.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Agreed he did ok today, the incident in our penaltly area in the second half (when he won the ball, fell on his arse, got up and won it again) is Huttons whole career in a nut shell. 

He's like a little terrier that tries his hardest and will fight anything, but ultimately he isnt going to scare the big boys, a very poor player. 

What I don't understand is why Hutton is apparently "a very poor player" and yet Taylor who I thought was the worse than Hutton defensively and going forward "looks a good buy"?

My worry is that we hound these players out for the wrong reasons and then replace them with worse e.g. I would have Guzan back tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wezbid said:

He seems the sort of guy who would play for a modest wage and because he actually enjoys playing football rather than seeing it as a cash cow. If he was on a fair, Championship wage, I'd give him a 2 year deal, no problem. He's a victim of guilty by association imo. His end product is wanting, we know this but he's a right back who ends up also taking on the role of a winger when that's not his main job. He's one of the few players we have who really takes the pressure off by having the balls and energy to carry the ball forward towards the opposition touchline. 

Most will want him out but on a fair wage, I'd have him as a squad member any day of the week, he has all the characteristics you want. 

I wonder if he's actually been offered a new deal. I certainly haven't heard about it if he has. 

2 hours ago, Tomsub said:

What I don't understand is why Hutton is apparently "a very poor player" and yet Taylor who I thought was the worse than Hutton defensively and going forward "looks a good buy"?

My worry is that we hound these players out for the wrong reasons and then replace them with worse e.g. I would have Guzan back tomorrow.

Ahhhhhh but would you take back Westwood?

2 hours ago, dounavilla said:

2 hours ago, dounavilla said:

I most certainly would in terms of playing ability but in reality his time was up as he'd been the scape goat for too long.

I would also have kept and played Tsishbola and I certainly would not have bought Bjarnason.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tomsub said:

I most certainly would in terms of playing ability but in reality his time was up as he'd been the scape goat for too long.

I would also have kept and played Tsishbola and I certainly would not have bought Bjarnason.

Bjarnasson isn't very good, but he's 10 times the player Tshibola is currently.

On 1/14/2017 at 19:32, markavfc40 said:

Only player that shouldn't be hanging his head in shame coming off that pitch tonight. He played like he cared and was comfortably our biggest attacking threat.

I'm generally not a fan of his football.....but I am a fan of his character.

However, I was quite impressed with him on Saturday....even though the overall standard was iffy,particularly the last 20 minutes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is going to get a new contract, isn't he..

To be honest, I don't think 1 year would be a bad thing. Good to have around the squad. Backup/Depth as we also don't know how De Laet will come back, also gives Bree more time to be blooded properly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, I don't think 1 year would be a bad thing. Good to have around the squad. Backup/Depth as we also don't know how De Laet will come back, also gives Bree more time to be blooded properly.

1 year I can understand, but the problem is next season we will have Bree, De laet, and hutton. I don't think it's wise to have 3 right backs on the wage bill especially since Bacuna can play there as well in a pinch. Someone, imo, has to go, and I don't see us getting rid of Bree. I also think it would be harsh to sell De laet. 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

1 year I can understand, but the problem is next season we will have Bree, De laet, and hutton. I don't think it's wise to have 3 right backs on the wage bill especially since Bacuna can play there as well in a pinch. Someone, imo, has to go, and I don't see us getting rid of Bree. I also think it would be harsh to sell De laet. 

Good point, just remembered Bacuna has a long deal too. His versatility also Trumps in the end.

Will be here unless PSG, Madrid or Barca etc come calling.:trollface:

In the first 5 mins he

1) played Adomah into trouble

2) was caught out of position twice - only to be saved by awfull crosses

3) was upfield on a run whilst losing possesion

Generally speaking he did some good to very good last ditch defending throughout the game most of it caused by his own inability to defend properly in the first place, the once slipping over, luckily the ball went kindly for him.

Against a better than awfull crosser, we would have conceeded without a doubt.

His shot on goal was unbelievably bad for a pro-Ball-kicker.

Hutton is giving his all even more so atm as he smells a new contract.

However, no matter how much or how little he would get paid, there's nothing AVFC could write in his contract that would make him an effective player for us (unless we end up a division lower).

A tryer who gives 100%.

I dont hate him for that, in fact I admire his attitude and professionalism.

Such a shame he's so shit as a footballer.

Bad positioning

Gets caught out

caught in possesion

cant pass

cant cross

cant dribble

goes walkabouts

Â