Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I feel slightly sorry for Hutton. He wasn't great, but his main crime seems to have been signing a contract that pays him a lot of money.

He picks up £1.5 million a year for turning up to reserve team training. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

He was very poor and rightly replaced. It is disappointing for all concerned that he hasn't been sold. His contract is up in 2015 but I'm sure he will be gone by next summer, maybe even January.

Yes, and adding to this, he appears happy with his moral compass to take that money, even though it seems that he has no prospect of turning out for his employer on any sort of regular basis. If he really had confidence in his ability and marketability to other clubs, then why not do the decent thing and just agree with Villa to cut up that contract and leave by mutual consent? Contracts can be broken at any time if both parties agree - it just needs one side of the contract not to demand a stoopid pay off.

Hopefully, Charles Adam and Mad-dog Ireland will put in a good word for him with Sparky at Stoke.

Obviously, it's easier (and more comfortable for HIM) to pick up that money and run around with the youth. To be fair, on that money, yeah, I'd sit on that contract and let it run down. It's the scourge of the modern game. And for the win, AVFC are not blameless in this sitch either.

Why would he cut up his Villa contract??

They guy would be mental to do that. He will have to take a pay cut for a new club to agree to take him but he might as well keep getting paid by us whilst he is waiting for a decent contract.

That's the problem and my point... If he really cared about playing football and his long term career, he'd b**ger off. As it is, he is too comfortable earning the money he is earning instead of wanting to prove and better himself.

He could do the decent thing, but he won't. Villa gifted him, and now he is getting paid pretty much for naff all.

I thought I had made that clear in my initial post, but hey-ho.

Yes, my issue with your post was that you seem to be judging him harshly for it but I would suggest it is perfically rational behavior and we would all do the same.

If you imagion yourself in his shoes and you have signed a fat contract for a club you don't care about (Sunderland perhaps?), every one of us would wait for a good opportunity to come along before giving up that contract.

I think Lamberts treatment of him is a bit harsh to be honest. The club should have let him go back to Spain, even though they were offering to pay a small part of his wages surely that would be better than nothing. At least he could have put himself in the shop window by playing regular games?? Looks like we woll be paying him until 2015 now

We're not a charity.

???? we pay him £40k per week to run around with the kids ffs!!!!!!

Whose fault is that?You  think Hutton went up to Lambert and said put me in the youth team and give me my 40 grand a week?The entire"bomb squad"have been treated like shits to encourage them to move along sooner than later.

would it not have been better to let him go to mallorca and put himself in the shop window? even though they wanted to pay a fraction of his wages surely it would have been better all round. letting him rot with the kids is a stupid idea. 

I feel slightly sorry for Hutton. He wasn't great, but his main crime seems to have been signing a contract that pays him a lot of money.

He picks up £1.5 million a year for turning up to reserve team training. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

He was very poor and rightly replaced. It is disappointing for all concerned that he hasn't been sold. His contract is up in 2015 but I'm sure he will be gone by next summer, maybe even January.

Yes, and adding to this, he appears happy with his moral compass to take that money, even though it seems that he has no prospect of turning out for his employer on any sort of regular basis. If he really had confidence in his ability and marketability to other clubs, then why not do the decent thing and just agree with Villa to cut up that contract and leave by mutual consent? Contracts can be broken at any time if both parties agree - it just needs one side of the contract not to demand a stoopid pay off.

Hopefully, Charles Adam and Mad-dog Ireland will put in a good word for him with Sparky at Stoke.

Obviously, it's easier (and more comfortable for HIM) to pick up that money and run around with the youth. To be fair, on that money, yeah, I'd sit on that contract and let it run down. It's the scourge of the modern game. And for the win, AVFC are not blameless in this sitch either.

Why would he cut up his Villa contract??

They guy would be mental to do that. He will have to take a pay cut for a new club to agree to take him but he might as well keep getting paid by us whilst he is waiting for a decent contract.

That's the problem and my point... If he really cared about playing football and his long term career, he'd b**ger off. As it is, he is too comfortable earning the money he is earning instead of wanting to prove and better himself.

He could do the decent thing, but he won't. Villa gifted him, and now he is getting paid pretty much for naff all.

I thought I had made that clear in my initial post, but hey-ho.

Yes, my issue with your post was that you seem to be judging him harshly for it but I would suggest it is perfically rational behavior and we would all do the same.

If you imagion yourself in his shoes and you have signed a fat contract for a club you don't care about (Sunderland perhaps?), every one of us would wait for a good opportunity to come along before giving up that contract.

Yep - fully agree. And I think you will find I said in my initial post about it.

Yep, I am guilty, I judge him harshly - it stinks that somebody like that can milk the system. Especially at our club. Can't wait for him to fook off. That nasty challenge he did in the dying moments in our home fixture against Arsenal during Eck's tenure showed me all I needed to know of him.

• 3 weeks later...

would it not have been better to let him go to mallorca and put himself in the shop window? even though they wanted to pay a fraction of his wages surely it would have been better all round. letting him rot with the kids is a stupid idea. 

I think Mallorca tried to mug us off by offer peanuts, thinking that we had no other options

Hutton had the chance to take a cut in wages if he had wanted to play but he choose not to

In this circumstance I like it that we showed we wont be pushed around

• 3 weeks later...

I think Mallorca tried to mug us off by offer peanuts, thinking that we had no other options

Hutton had the chance to take a cut in wages if he had wanted to play but he choose not to

In this circumstance I like it that we showed we wont be pushed around

I'm confused. What other options did we have? Keep him in the reserves and pay him 40k a week until his contract expires?

• Like 1

Time to give him a game based on the performance of our full backs at the moment? *puts on tin hat and ducks*

Given that our manager announced that Hutton's Villa career was over even before he (the manager) had set foot in B6, this is unlikely to happen.

Lambert's 'bomb squad' are players on the historical fat contracts that the club are paying, yet he refuses to play them.

Last season we were crying out for Dunne, but he remained 'injured'

This season Hutton, Bent and, if fit, N'Zogbia could do better than some we have out there, but again all bombed out.

Lowton wasn't the problem yesterday

Not sure I agree with that Lowton was skinned time after time by their Number 7 as was Luna for that matter when he swapped wings.

I'm no fan of Hutton but I think he is seemingly better than either of our first choice fullbacks and what he does bring is experience and grit to a shell shocked bunch of kids. Based on the shambles of yesterday I would recall both Ireland and Bent too if possible.

Yes it is that desperate.

Lowton wasn't the problem yesterday

Not sure I agree with that Lowton was skinned time after time by their Number 7 as was Luna for that matter when he swapped wings.

I'm no fan of Hutton but I think he is seemingly better than either of our first choice fullbacks and what he does bring is experience and grit to a shell shocked bunch of kids. Based on the shambles of yesterday I would recall both Ireland and Bent too if possible.

Yes it is that desperate.

Hughes has already come out and said he wants to sign Ireland on a permenant deal in January to ward off anyone in the summer. And isn't Bent injured atm? So that would be both those out the equation.

Not sure on Hutton though and how he getting on.

Ah NRC syndrome.

There's some truth in this, the old "players get better the longer they're out of the squad" idea. I'm not sure Hutton is necessarily the answer to our problems, and N'Zogbia was very hit or miss.

But I wouldn't say either of them are worse than the players we replaced them with.

We bought cheaper players, but we're still paying the old players wages, and at least they're in the shop window if we want to get them out off the wagebill.

Buying 'cheap' players on top of those we're already paying, and dropping their expensive counterparts forever and letting them sit out their contract is costing us more on wages, losing us money on potential transfer fees, and still leaving us with a squad that's arguably worse, and at very best equal.

I'd see the benefit if the younger cheaper players showed signs of improvement, but right now I'd welcome at least N'zogbia back in to the side, and I'd at least give Hutton a go, though I'm less sure about him.

I think something to consider is that players like N'zogbia were a disappointment, but we were comparing them to the likes of Ashley Young and our other top players form the MO'N days. Players we wrote off on that comparison are maybe not as bad as we remember.

Ah crap as it is, I'd rather Lowton on far less wages than Hutton who is just bad/good (depending on how you look at it) and I guess the owner would too.

I'd agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that we have been paying all of or some of the wages of Hutton since Lowton was signed. There is little doubt that Hutton was very poor for us in the main but as much as it pains me to say it aside from a couple of months at the back end of last season Lowton has been just as poor if not worse.

Since signing new deals in the summer both Lowton and Weimann have gone backwards. The same to a lesser extent could be said of Westwood and also Benteke.

Â