The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

And yet I'd guess a much higher percentage of Muslim converts turn to extremism than those born into Muslim families. I think it is largely to do with intelligence, those that run off to fight and kill for ISIS and other terrorist groups are simply easily brainwashed morons.

"Converts". So from another form of indoctrination. It's the conditioning of people to accept cognitive dissonance as normal. The specific flavour of indoctrination isn't important. I suspect the degree of indoctrination isn't important. Teaching people to accept what an authority figure says without question is the problem.

Some very intelligent people are religious, although on inspection they tend to be deist rather than followers of a specific religion.

• Like 2

Long, but well worth a read

What ISIS Really Wants

The Islamic State is no mere collection of psychopaths. It is a religious group with carefully considered beliefs, among them that it is a key agent of the coming apocalypse. Here’s what that means for its strategy—and for how to stop it.

Ive just seen a documentary about a "swedish" guy who joined isis and i have to say iam scared that people like him are living in my society.

It's a real shame that Sweden and Norway have let so many unskilled immigrants who have fanatical religious violence on their minds into their countries. With the old colonial powers you can explain it out of some sense of moral or legally codified obligation to the formerly downtrodden people from former colonies. But Sweden and Norway had no such obligation. Now they have rioting lunatics and murderous jihadists to deal with. Totally avoidable.

• Like 1

Ive just seen a documentary about a "swedish" guy who joined isis and i have to say iam scared that people like him are living in my society.

It's a real shame that Sweden and Norway have let so many unskilled immigrants who have fanatical religious violence on their minds into their countries. With the old colonial powers you can explain it out of some sense of moral or legally codified obligation to the formerly downtrodden people from former colonies. But Sweden and Norway had no such obligation. Now they have rioting lunatics and murderous jihadists to deal with. Totally avoidable.

w_brevik.jpg

w_brevik.jpg

Yeah, I expected that from someone. Bit cheap though...

I haven't read the article but even the most moderate of Muslim believes in Jesus being the messiah.

I assume the humour was because no such person existed outside of one story. It's like wanting Bart Simpson to return to life.

I might be wrong though.

According to him they all travel down to die in jihad, they dont say RIP when someone dies they say congratulations ?

He also says that according to the quran, if you have prisoners they must eat and sleep as well as you and that takes alot of effort so it's easier to kill them.

And he is 100% sure that virgins are waiting for him when he dies cause he's been such a good muslim, killing infidels etc.

People who belive in this shit must have some kind of brain damage or very low IQ, there can be no other explanation.

He is wrong there.If he wants a virgin he will have to get one going to school.....Coming home is too late.

Same thing happened in Austria - 2 teenage girls went to Syria and then regretted it... not sure where they are now. It is rumoured one is now dead.

Two teenage girls who left Austria to travel to Syria and become “jihadi brides” have reportedly grown disillusioned by life with Isis and told their families they want to return home.

When they first arrived in the Middle East via Turkey, 15-year-old Sabina Selimovic and 17-year-old Samra Kesinovic were used as poster girls for the militant group, and social media posts purported to show how much fun they were having.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isiss-austrian-poster-girl-jihadi-brides-have-changed-their-minds-and-want-to-come-home-9789547.html

Edited by Xela

According to him they all travel down to die in jihad, they dont say RIP when someone dies they say congratulations ?

He also says that according to the quran, if you have prisoners they must eat and sleep as well as you and that takes alot of effort so it's easier to kill them.

And he is 100% sure that virgins are waiting for him when he dies cause he's been such a good muslim, killing infidels etc.

People who belive in this shit must have some kind of brain damage or very low IQ, there can be no other explanation.

I know who this guy is now. A forum have outed him. Feels weird to have this information on a known killer.

3 UK girls thought to be heading to Syria

What on earth attracts them to that type of life?

There have been loads of stories in the press about Muslim girls leaving UK to go across and marry IS fighters. The really weird thing is they must know what their potential future spouses are doing and to some extent at least be motivated by that knowledge - they don't actually know the men themselves so cannot be motivated by love for an individual.

That would suggest that either at school or in the communities these girls come from something is going very badly wrong indeed.

There have been loads of stories in the press about Muslim girls leaving UK to go across and marry IS fighters. The really weird thing is they must know what their potential future spouses are doing and to some extent at least be motivated by that knowledge - they don't actually know the men themselves so cannot be motivated by love for an individual.

That would suggest that either at school or in the communities these girls come from something is going very badly wrong indeed.

It will be interesting to see if they are treated differently from males who answer the call, should they decide they want to return.

I noticed that the spokesperson for Inspire (feminist advocacy group for Muslim women) was using the word 'groomed' last night which has been successfully used to deny moral agency for girls of this age and establish their blamelessness.

These girls/women certainly went to a lot of trouble to deceive their parents to make the trip and it will be interesting to see if they will be presented as helpless victims should they want to return.

It will be interesting to see if they are treated differently from males who answer the call, should they decide they want to return.

I noticed that the spokesperson for Inspire (feminist advocacy group for Muslim women) was using the word 'groomed' last night which has been successfully used to deny moral agency for girls of this age and establish their blamelessness.

These girls/women certainly went to a lot of trouble to deceive their parents to make the trip and it will be interesting to see if they will be presented as helpless victims should they want to return.

"Inspire"? Are you kidding me? That's the name of Al Qaeda's English language online publication!!

:D

the BBC news version of the story last night was interesting

first they made reference to a jihadi matchmaker website - which I'm sorry to say made me laugh out loud and repeat the phrase in faux american advertiser voice 'jihadi matchmaker .com'

The second was the two scenarios the reporter spelt out, he said there were two possible outcomes, either 1, they would meet their husband to be, or 2 the 'worst case scenario', they would be killed by allied bombing. No sorry, I can think of a much worse worst case scenario for three girls heading for Syria than death by an unseen unheard big bomb.

Â