The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree with him, she was a victim of grooming and sex trafficking.

Being groomed doesn't absolve you of responsibility for your crimes though, she's a victim and she's a criminal. I'd expect it to be a mitigating circumstances if she ever saw a court room, but certainly not get her off the hook

Hmmm, I dunno, this sounds like harder thinking work would be required than just reading some newspaper articles and deciding all people must be the same.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

There is a reason why 15 year olds are considered too immature to vote and too irresponsible to drive.

There is, though 23, or 25 year olds might be able to look back at what they'd done and express the teensiest bit of regret or remorse, if they felt any.

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

There is, though 23, or 25 year olds might be able to look back at what they'd done and express the teensiest bit of regret or remorse, if they felt any.

I suspect her childhood has been too messed up to be able to think the way you or I would want her to.

Edited by LondonLax

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

I suspect her childhood has been messed up to be able to think like you or I would want her to.

Quite possibly, it certainly seems like various factors influenced her decision to go there. I struggle though where she can say it is wrong that kids were killed in the Manchester bombing, yet can also say she was inspired by the ISIS beheadings and express no remorse of being part of that murderous death cult. It's also a bit telling that she says "they've got no proof" when asked about whether she did anything bad herself.

Â